enoch should be starting center | The Boneyard

enoch should be starting center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
as showed in his little minutes last year enoch is a clear offensive threat and elite defender. i believe enoch has a chance to be something very special. lets see how ollie uses his raw talent this year

Reaction Score
The kid is all upside right now. In no way is he an elite defender as you say, but by the time he's a senior he'll be a force to be reckoned with. But at this point? No. He's not a starter unfortunately.

Reaction Score
enoch can score rebound and pass better than brimah. he is the best center on the team

Reaction Score
kevin ollie reports "steve has worked hard this offseason and i now have trust to play him in crucial situations"

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Great talent, great potential, but he hasn't surpassed Brimah yet. Looking for him to provide big minutes off the bench this year, and eventually become one of the dominant bigs in the conference by the time he graduates.

Reaction Score
Steve will be a player at some point kind of up to him. Biggest weakness was he his inability to be an "elite defender." But hey many freshman don't get that part immediately it's how you improve and how long it takes. His feet need to get quicker along with his thinking so he's in the right spots at the right time. If he does that and makes huge strides he could play as many minutes as anyone at the 5 maybe more. But for now his slower footwork not only keeps him from being in the right spot but also gets him in foul trouble much like all our bigs. It's obvious he will be a much better option offensively so again it's up to him if he wants to play.

Reaction Score
in his limited time he showed some serious potential, but his inexperience showed even more. Perhaps he'll start, similar to Nolan's role allowing a AB to come off the bench, but only until Brimah can prove he won't pick up quick fouls

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I love Enoch, but he's a 7-footer who had 3 blocked shots in 188 minutes.

Sometimes boxscore stats don't mean much. That one does.

Reaction Score
as showed in his little minutes last year enoch is a clear offensive threat and elite defender. i believe enoch has a chance to be something very special. lets see how ollie uses his raw talent this year
Just easy, let's pray that Brimah comes back, we need all the help we need upfront.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
A few raw statistical comparisons, nothing too fancy:
P/40: Brimah 12.4, Enoch 9.3. Like it or not, put-backs and alley-oops still count for two points apiece.
R/40: Brimah 8.8, Enoch 8.7. Surprisingly closer than I thought, but in no way can one use this data to declare that Enoch is superior.
B/40: Brimah 5.1, Enoch 0.6. Yikes.
Fouls/40: Brimah 5.0, Enoch 7.5. This number is perhaps the most telling out of all of them.

I'm not even going to touch advanced metrics. But it's pretty clear Brimah has an advantage over Enoch.

Reaction Score
A few raw statistical comparisons, nothing too fancy:
P/40: Brimah 12.4, Enoch 9.3. Like it or not, put-backs and alley-oops still count for two points apiece.
R/40: Brimah 8.8, Enoch 8.7. Surprisingly closer than I thought, but in no way can one use this data to declare that Enoch is superior.
B/40: Brimah 5.1, Enoch 0.6. Yikes.
Fouls/40: Brimah 5.0, Enoch 7.5. This number is perhaps the most telling out of all of them.

I'm not even going to touch advanced metrics. But it's pretty clear Brimah has an advantage over Enoch.
Those offensive stats are very deceiving since SE role when coming in was just basically to set hard picks and give some fouls on defense. He didn't even have alley oops run for him like ab does. Though on pure offensive moves there is no comparison as SE seals off his man and finish with either hand. AB offense is alley oops and that ugly shot put he does when he gets muscled on the baseline. Now on defense there is not much comparison right now as SE is lost there and never blocks a shot since he is always back peddling on defense. AB is not great on defense as he gets muscled easily but at least he is rim protector. Now if SE improves on d he becomes better than AB.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Those offensive stats are very deceiving since SE role when coming in was just basically to set hard picks and give some fouls on defense. He didn't even have alley oops run for him like ab does. Though on pure offensive moves there is no comparison as SE seals off his man and finish with either hand. AB offense is alley oops and that ugly shot put he does when he gets muscled on the baseline. Now on defense there is not much comparison right now as SE is lost there and never blocks a shot since he is always back peddling on defense. AB is not great on defense as he gets muscled easily but at least he is rim protector. Now if SE improves on d he becomes better than AB.

The alley-oops and the shot put went in 66.3% of the time. And no matter how much you don't like it, they still count for 2 points. You don't get extra for dream shaking it in.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think the guy has talent and now a year under his belt. He's going to get all the time he earns, no reason to think otherwise.

Reaction Score
If Enoch was the threat at the rim that Brimah is, then that alley oop option would be there for him, and its not really a set play at the level you seem to think it is. Most of the time its basically how the defense reacts to penetration. The stuff you post man, good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom