Enoch is transferring | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
His offensive potential is obvious, but man, he just made so many bad things happen. If he couldn't cut down the error rate in 2 years, is it worth investing another 2-3 in him? I don't like that he blames the coaches for his lack of development. A little introspection would do him good.

I hope it works out well for him, wish he had stayed. If playing time was the issue, I wonder when he raised it? I noticed that late in the year, Ollie stopped splitting time between Durham and Enoch, and Enoch got almost all the minutes as reserve C. I found that a bit odd, because, if anything, I saw a bit more in Durham's overall game.

Reaction Score
To read some of the stuff posted here you would think that Emeka was transferring. The guy shoots a dismal 41%, can't cover a rock if he spilled a can of paint on it, and isn't much of a rebounder on top of that. Of course he is from Norwalk so none of his flaws, and they are many, matter. I'm guessing he is a MAAC/America East type guy.

You can go a long way without a traditional center/5 if you have guys who can rebound and play a hard nosed type of defense. If one of two of the bigs who sat out/saw limited time due to injury play reasonably well next year or one of the newcomers does we will probably be better off that if an offensive force who can't shoot and has no feel for the game were in there.

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if Enoch actually reconsiders. As other posters have mentioned, he may have limited options presented to him by other schools. If he works hard this summer, he would probably get quality minutes from Ollie next season.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I hope it works out well for him, wish he had stayed. If playing time was the issue, I wonder when he raised it? I noticed that late in the year, Ollie stopped splitting time between Durham and Enoch, and Enoch got almost all the minutes as reserve C. I found that a bit odd, because, if anything, I saw a bit more in Durham's overall game.

Pretty sure Durham was being managed.

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if Enoch actually reconsiders. As other posters have mentioned, he may have limited options presented to him by other schools. If he works hard this summer, he would probably get quality minutes from Ollie next season.
Yeah, I saw a tweet by Don Amore (maybe not actually sure) but it said that "the official word is that there is no official word on Steven Enoch" there was something else around the end of it that he might reconsider and was still weighing his options or something like that. Couldn't find the tweet so maybe it was deleted or something, but definitely saw it!

Reaction Score
I think Enoch will draw a surprising amount of interest from mid-tier p5 programs and upper tier mid-majors. He's a tricky case study because there is such a dichotomy between his current production level and his potential. From a production standpoint, he's rated out as a below replacement level D-1 player through his first two years. Terribly inefficient from the field, poor rebounder, zero ball skills, and one of the worst defensive players you'll ever see. This kid doesn't get off the bench at most America East schools based on his play through two seasons.

But all the measurables are there, and given how young he is, there is still a lot to be enticed by. I've mentioned Creighton as a potential landing spot before - it wouldn't shock me to see a sharp offensive mind like Greg McDermott heavy on the phones. There are a lot of different ways a kid like Enoch can be utilized - he has the body and agility to be a killer dribble-hand-off guy and as a screener in general he's capable of things you can't teach. I don't think he's ever going to be great defensively just because his instincts are so poor, but you can hide a guy easier at the college level with zones and stuff. Give him a red-shirt year to prepare and he could be the second half of some teams platoon by 2018.

Reaction Score
This is flat out insane.
Is that a real life statement, Enoch was misery, watching him play basketball was one of the worst things I've ever had to go through, jk, but am I really?

Reaction Score
This is flat out insane.

Rod didn't have any post moves. At first I thought the post was a joke. Which part did you find insane, the claim that Enoch had good moves or the claim that Sellers did, or both?

Reaction Score
Does Providence want him? Why? I know him leaving unexpectedly leaves us in the lurch, and I know he looks like he should have potential, but his first two years of actual play were so far beneath a Tyler Olander or a Phil Nolan that I have trouble seeing a major conference team wanting him.

His father mentioned the "UConn system" not being a good fit for his son. Regardless of whether there is truth to that comment Enoch is a stock I am buying low and selling HIGH. It would not surprise me to see a Justin Patton type of season for Steve after sitting out a year. Patton was not on the radar of anyone (except me :)) heading the season. As I vet every roster for undervalued teams. Ironically Patton's stat line was 12/6 similar to what the pez (fish in spanish) mentioned. I think this is reasonable and his senior year could be a 16/9 guy.

I remember going to a practice and watching Steve get on the court 45 minutes early before anyone else and shoot by himself until a manager joined him. He just needs the right direction. I believe in this kid.

JMHO...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Providence tends to have player retention issues. There'd be plenty of room for him.

Reaction Score
I think Enoch will draw a surprising amount of interest from mid-tier p5 programs and upper tier mid-majors. He's a tricky case study because there is such a dichotomy between his current production level and his potential. From a production standpoint, he's rated out as a below replacement level D-1 player through his first two years. Terribly inefficient from the field, poor rebounder, zero ball skills, and one of the worst defensive players you'll ever see. This kid doesn't get off the bench at most America East schools based on his play through two seasons.

But all the measurables are there, and given how young he is, there is still a lot to be enticed by. I've mentioned Creighton as a potential landing spot before - it wouldn't shock me to see a sharp offensive mind like Greg McDermott heavy on the phones. There are a lot of different ways a kid like Enoch can be utilized - he has the body and agility to be a killer dribble-hand-off guy and as a screener in general he's capable of things you can't teach. I don't think he's ever going to be great defensively just because his instincts are so poor, but you can hide a guy easier at the college level with zones and stuff. Give him a red-shirt year to prepare and he could be the second half of some teams platoon by 2018.

I didn't read your other posts but I am sure you mentioned Justin P.

It looks like he may enter the draft.

Reaction Score
Enoch getting dumped on for what he didn't do in his 12 minutes a game. Of course we're pretty rock solid in the 5 position but if we weren't there could be some blowback as early as say.........October?

Reaction Score
Enoch getting dumped on for what he didn't do in his 12 minutes a game. Of course we're pretty rock solid in the 5 position but if we weren't there could be some blowback as early as say....October?

I am in the minority here but look at it as the kid went bankrupt as a player at UConn and will get his fresh start somewhere else. With that fresh start and new management he grows and prospers. The physical attributes are all there. You can not teach that. I am buying his untapped potential.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I am in the minority here but look at it as the kid went bankrupt as a player at UConn and will get his fresh start somewhere else. With that fresh start and new management he grows and prospers. The physical attributes are all there. You can not teach that. I am buying his untapped potential.

That's actually a great way to look at it. And in quite a few cases, an accurate one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom