Enoch Doing Well | The Boneyard

Enoch Doing Well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Even though most care not what he’s doing he’s playing almost 20 minutes per game. About 10 points, 5 boards, second on team in blocks per game, shooting 56% fg and 82% from the line. Shame he couldn’t get past Brimah in the starting lineup ( I screamed myself hoarse at the time) because he would still be on the team if he had the PT and coach support I truly believe. BTW This is against better competition in the ACC and Louisville is now in the top 25. I expect to be trashed for this.

C

Chief00

Even though most care not what he’s doing he’s playing almost 20 minutes per game. About 10 points, 5 boards, second on team in blocks per game, shooting 56% fg and 82% from the line. Shame he couldn’t get past Brimah in the starting lineup ( I screamed myself hoarse at the time) because he would still be on the team if he had the PT and coach support I truly believe. BTW This is against better competition in the ACC and Louisville is now in the top 25. I expect to be trashed for this.

With Chief you are singing to the choir. Losing Steve was a huge loss. So many well intended casual fans just don’t understand the importance of Bigs. Somehow if they don’t resemble a guard something is deemed to to wrong.

Reaction Score
With Chief you are singing to the choir. Losing Steve was a huge loss. So many well intended casual fans just don’t understand the importance of Bigs. Somehow if they don’t resemble a guard something is deemed to to wrong.
Nothing to do with "casual" fans. Even the most casual observer could see he was a liability in Storrs.

C

Chief00

You know I'm a big Chief guy but absolutely no one thinks this.

My friend, read the posts below yours as one fan carries on a conversation with himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
If Enoch wanted to look for a villain all he had to do was look in the mirror.
I never saw a kid sabotage his minutes by fouling himself to the bench simply because of his own poor work ethic. His inability to stay on the floor forced Ollie to use Durham who was still rehabbing from his second ACL or kill Brimah
on what became a 7 man rotation..
The also had to give minutes to a lightly regarded guard out of NYC as the super sub on that team.
He was a guaranteed starter as a junior playing as many minutes as he could so minutes were not the reason he left. He wanted to screw KO and got his wish .
The only problem I have was the Enoch’s of the world as their brothers careers where collateral damage in their vindictiveness. Jackson’s departature made it even more difficult to hide our weak 5 .
Chief is right he screwed the team over big time by leaving and completely blindsided KO , who I’m sure would have been recruiting over him if he had an inkling.
We were left with having to throw lowly regarded 18 year old kids into the toughest schedule we’ve played since Big East days . The additions non starters like Cobb, KW ,and DO were desperation adds to fill that hole.
I was the biggest Enoch booster on the board as I saw the offensive moves and raw power of a growing kid. So no one was disappointed in him more than me.
Posting about his modest success as a grown man in my opinion is the same as a trolling.

Reaction Score
Have to give credit where it's due. Perhaps the tenure in Storrs was an awakening for SE. Looking at him now, he has worked his off to get into great shape. Perhaps this was also in part due to a new coaching and oversight regimen? However it manifested itself, its fantastic for a young man that wanted to bleed Husky blue.

Reaction Score
Pretty similar stats to Carlton.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
21. Louisville Cardinals

Chris Mack has brought a new system, new identity and new feel into The Ville, and the team and community are responding. The Bilastrator thinks it is the hair, but reasonable minds might disagree on that. Jordan Nwora is one of the best players in the ACC, and Steven Enoch is an NBA-caliber athlete with a terrific shooting touch. The keys have been togetherness and Christen Cunningham, one of the prime examples of why transfers should not be discouraged. Cunningham was a grad transfer from Samford, where he would have played in obscurity. Yet he transferred to Louisville and is respected nationally for his game and his character. Can only coaches aspire to move?

Jay Bilas ESPN. Highlight mine
Bilas: The 68 best teams in college basketball ... my gift to you

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Leaving aside better coaching, one of the biggest reasons he's doing better is because he had a year off to develop, mentally and skillwise. He desperately needed that at UCONN but would not have gotten it.

C

Chief00

Wild thought- maybe he wasn’t being developed here, which seems to have been a consistent pattern under KO.

Additionally, quite frankly, his position coach left a lot to be desired and he hindered Steve’s development.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'll say it before and I'll say it again: Steve wanted to be a Husky for life and would've been if things under Ollie hadn't gone to hell. I'm thrilled to see him doing well, I'll always root for him and I wish him the best.

Reaction Score
Cuts both way

The few that remember: I saw the talent Enoch had. Quick strong hands. Athletic talent with feel. For a big man.

He did not play for Calhoun who would have roasted him. The Mediocre Uninspired Play. Sure Coaching. But ... Stephen didn’t impress with his own work ethic and effort.

I’m pleased he improved and impresses now. That’s a good thing.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone here wanted him to move on. Of course they could use him.

But this is effectively his 4th year in college.

People grow. What was Hilton Armstrong like his 4th year? What about his 2nd year? Night and day. I wouldn't want 2nd year Hilton starting over Amida either.

Reaction Score
This was a KO problem because he was married to the notion that he was going to win another championship with Brimah who was getting thrown to the floor like a rag doll for 4 years. I never said Enoch was great but he had offensive feel and touch and was a solid body. He was the future as it stood for us, the only future offensive 5 we had. Him and Carlton at the 5 would have filled in the black hole., but he needed coaching, encouragement and floor time which never happened then of course his father got involved when he wasn’t used as much. As far as stats go Carlton has disappeared against better opponents but I would have still liked to see him paired with Steve. Woulda complimented each other.

Reaction Score
Additionally, quite frankly, his position coach left a lot to be desired and he hindered Steve’s development.
All down hill from Howie D and then Clyde Vaughn. He has paid his price, I wish they would bring Vaughn back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom