End of the block C? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

End of the block C?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The oak leaf would look cool on a helmet too… just sayin.
Or we could go full on Maryland and have multiple variations based upon the state flag…

53D80871-05A9-4DCD-B165-9C1BF0B5AE48.jpeg

Reaction Score
I don't care what era the "block C" represents. It's the best logo mark we got going. It's classy and solid looking. It's football, you want to look like you belong there. Sure it comes up at coaching changes because often the coach has a lot of say. Especially when they moved away from the best athletic and institutional mark they have.

Edsall this, diaco that, prune face, mora, the next guy from the planet zarg, I don't care who the damn coach is. The "C" looks great. I prefer the white logo on blue helmets. It looks classy when uconn is brought up in the media.

That and I want the balloon knot who stole my athletic surplus block C hoodie (circa 2007) from that DC bar to get ... best damn clothing item I owned and I have this sweet ass RL peacoat

Block C is what you build generations around.

Edit: balloon knot? Heh. Usually I self sensor but I really wanted the swear word.

Reaction Score
Looks like the instagram account changed their logo to have the red outline. I wonder if we start seeing more red in the uniforms going forward. All the coaches seem to use a bunch of red in their posts. I know it’s been done a couple times in the past, so we’ll see.

All the other UConn accounts still have the blue and white logo from what i’ve seen, but football now has the red outline.

I personally like the touch of red, but I know some people hate it.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I don't care what era the "block C" represents. It's the best logo mark we got going. It's classy and solid looking. It's football, you want to look like you belong there. Sure it comes up at coaching changes because often the coach has a lot of say. Especially when they moved away from the best athletic and institutional mark they have.

Edsall this, diaco that, prune face, mora, the next guy from the planet zarg, I don't care who the damn coach is. The "C" looks great. I prefer the white logo on blue helmets. It looks classy when uconn is brought up in the media.

That and I want the balloon knot who stole my athletic surplus block C hoodie (circa 2007) from that DC bar to get ... best damn clothing item I owned and I have this sweet ass RL peacoat

Edit: balloon knot? Heh. Usually I self sensor but I really wanted the swear word.
Well said. X 1000.

Reaction Score
Looks like the instagram account changed their logo to have the red outline. I wonder if we start seeing more red in the uniforms going forward. All the coaches seem to use a bunch of red in their posts. I know it’s been done a couple times in the past, so we’ll see.

All the other UConn accounts still have the blue and white logo from what i’ve seen, but football now has the red outline.

Like the basketball uniforms, red only works as a trim color. Too much of it doesn't look good. I wouldn't mind it in the football unis just for consistency's sake.

Reaction Score

Hate it with a passion. Go Penn State route. Or use grey or silver if we need an outline.

Reaction Score
Hate it with a passion. Go Penn State route. Or use grey or silver if we need an outline.
I get the idea that people don't want to get rid of red. Uconn red however has never been a great option as an alternate primary color. It's that specific red in question. Also in general red has been used for stylization more than anything else. I like the adding of silver to the bank and running with 4 colors that way and I think silver is a more viable third color for UConn. Red still has its place as an accent and I don't want to hard promote silver beyond accent use as well for the time being.

When I was a grad student I felt comfortable with blue white and gray/silver as the scheme but I wasnt as interested in historical use. That being said I wouldn't eliminate using red but that particular shade seeing more emphasis is a difficult look IMO. I think it's solid as a 4th color to be used judiciously.

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
The Block C on the helmets reminds me of the BIG Ten, e.g., Nebraska "N," Northwestern "N," Illinois "I," Purdue "P," Rutgers "R," Minnesota "M," Wisconsin "W," Indiana "IU." The Husky logo on the helmets reminds me of the AAC or Conference USA, e.g., East Carolina pirate, Tulane green wave, UAB dragon, FIU panther, etc.

Reaction Score
The Block C on the helmets reminds me of the BIG Ten, e.g., Nebraska "N," Northwestern "N," Illinois "I," Purdue "P," Rutgers "R," Minnesota "M," Wisconsin "W," Indiana "IU." The Husky logo on the helmets reminds me of the AAC or Conference USA, e.g., East Carolina pirate, Tulane green wave, UAB dragon, FIU panther, etc.
Exactly!

Reaction Score
Correct!

Reaction Score
Block C is boring. Husky Head is boring. More red would be great. Full red away jerseys with white pants would be a solid look. The logo needs a redesign to be in this century.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Block C is boring. Husky Head is boring. More red would be great. Full red away jerseys with white pants would be a solid look. The logo needs a redesign to be in this century.

The day after Michigan or Man City wear red. Go to Rutgers if you want red.

Reaction Score
The block C was Edsalls. . He pushed for it to return and I did like it.. however.. thats who I think of when I see it… Edsall.. He always tried to live in those glory days 10 years ago and he always posted older videos of the former players.. not much on the kids he recruited the past 4 years who were with him during HCRE2..
Coach Mora will be moving away from the block C and use the husky logo and will bring back some red somewhere .. maybe in the new uniforms next season ..

Reaction Score
The block C was Edsalls. . He pushed for it to return and I did like it.. however.. thats who I think of when I see it… Edsall.. He always tried to live in those glory days 10 years ago and he always posted older videos of the former players.. not much on the kids he recruited the past 4 years who were with him during HCRE2..
Coach Mora will be moving away from the block C and use the husky logo and will bring back some red somewhere .. maybe in the new uniforms next season ..

57E3F6EC-4E8E-43E7-B547-4A3EE56E3D30.jpeg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This team needs to win four games before they can earn back the block C.

It’s doggie logo until then.

And yes - let’s get some flash alt uni’s going Mora. Let’s not be in last place for uniform fun.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Dr. Who, we've never met, but I agree with your posts so often I feel like I know you. You nailed the logo perfectly. This is a new era, we need a contemporary logo.

Reaction Score

Hear!! Hear!!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The day after Michigan or Man City wear red. Go to Rutgers if you want red.
No Communist Kickball references Ted Lasso.

Reaction Score
Football has always done their own thing. Maybe it’s time they benchmark with MBB’s design. If u look at the MBB uniforms they have a simple line for secondary and accent colors running down the arms and shorts. Why not incorporate that into football? Check out these helmets, they’re simple but make sense. Do the same thing with the uniform.

View attachment 71596
Definitely the best designed helmets (excluding the black one). Just replace "Huskies" with "UCONN" in approved font on the back.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I get the younger crowd here wanting to move on from an icon they can't relate to. Wanting change for a program they only know as a laughing stock. I also hope they can respect and educate themselves on what that Block C meant when we were the new kid in school, who from day 1 at The Rent showed we wouldn't be bullied and who rode that attitude and identity all the way to a New Year's Day Fiesta less than a decade later.

You can take it if you want.

Untitled.png

"From my cold, dead hands!"

Google that too kids.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get the younger crowd here wanting to move on from an icon they can't relate to. Wanting change for a program they only know as a laughing stock. I also hope they can respect and educate themselves on what that Block C meant when we were the new kid in school, who from day 1 at The Rent showed we wouldn't be bullied and who rode that attitude and identity all the way to a New Year's Day Fiesta less than a decade later.

You can take it if you want.

View attachment 72069

"From my cold, dead hands!"

Google that too kids.
Agreed. What little shred of tradition we have to hold onto should be maintained at all costs. Especially when it harks back to the highest point achieved so far and perhaps unlikely to ever achieve again. It is also classy in the sense that the Penn State helmet is classy. And don't for a SINGLE MOMENT suggest that football should harmonize itself with BB!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom