Empty seats | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Empty seats

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
More of a downside would be the mass closing of donor checkbooks.
And more importantly they would stop making the donations which keep things afloat.

I'm Chief certified! But the real answer to this issue is to play weekend games in Gampel and weeekday games in Hartford. The lower bowl has been empty on weeknights for years.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm Chief certified! But the real answer to this issue is to play weekend games in Gampel and weeekday games in Hartford. The lower bowl has been empty on weeknights for years.
And the students have been pretty much eliminated. If people aren’t there by half allow it to fill up

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Former CT State Senator Biagio "Billy" Ciotto. Alway sitting there and always has a cigar.

Former Sen. Billy Ciotto Named Irish Parade Person of Year

First spotted him back in 2014
screen-shot-2014-11-15-at-10-40-47-am-png.7551

How have I never noticed this guy before? I thought it was the ghost of Red Auerbach.

I will say it took 5.5 hours to get there from Princeton, NJ last night because there was some incident beyond normal rush hour traffic on the Merritt Parkway (like firetrucks and ambulances). There was a point where I almost said “Screw this” and turned off. So it may be some of those people did what I almost did. And didn’t have time or people to give them to (last minute).

You drove up to Storrs from Princeton, NJ on a Thursday night to see Morehead State?

#P6 #AmericanRising

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Suddenly I'm feeling a bit guilty for my casual attitude about whether to drive an hour each way to bring the family up for Sunday's game--with free tickets!

You kinda should.

I mean I know Sundays are not optimal game days. But a 5 pm start on a sunday seems great to me for anyone who lives in state of CT.

Easier than doing a 7 PM weeknight.

Reaction Score
As a season ticket holder that just barley misses being able to get those seats. I find it very frustrating that those seats are empty. They won't even let you move to those sections during the game.
Criminal. Losing money everywhere... let the seat be resold for the game but revert back to the donor for the next game. The donors should be offering this back to the school for free if they can’t put a body in it.

Reaction Score
They should rip all the seat backs out of the lower 1/2 of the lower bowl and put in bleachers for the students.

Should be nothing but students all the way around that section, and with no seat-backs more of them can fit in. They don’t need to sit anyway, certainly not in a seat-back.

They should then rip out all bleacher seating for the rest of the arena and replace them with seat-backs. Donors and non students want/require seat-backs.

At the end, the students will be happier (and more plentiful and louder); the non-students will be happier cuz they won’t be getting squeezed on a bleacher seat. And most importantly Gampel will be filled.
Come on people. Give it up already. This is the same student body that can’t be bothered to go to UCONN football games.
I know it’s difficult to comprehend, but this state is bankrupt. Without those hated donors Uconn has no ability to hire Hurley.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You kinda should.

I mean I know Sundays are not optimal game days. But a 5 pm start on a sunday seems great to me for anyone who lives in state of CT.

Easier than doing a 7 PM weeknight.
I absolutely should. I was being serious.

I got the tickets yesterday to force the issue but I emphasized the "no-commitments" aspect when pitching it to Mrs. 8893 and the daughters because, well, I've learned that it goes easier that way--provided that I am prepared to accept getting shut down.

To my pleasant surprise, they are all on board and looking forward to it; my youngest even asked to stay up past her bed time last night so she could watch the game on the DVR with me after we got home from soccer, showered and ate, which she did. She was getting psyched about going on Sunday, which made me very happy.

Reaction Score
100% on board with the move the student section argument. Only downside is if you moved it to the lower baseline section, the folks in the upper level sections wouldn't be able to see over the standing students below.
I've always believed the student section on the visitors' baseline is a huge advantage. When it's packed and loud, it must be an absolute nightmare to run an offense on that side of the court in the second half.

August_West

Reaction Score
I absolutely should. I was being serious.

I got the tickets yesterday to force the issue but I emphasized the "no-commitments" aspect when pitching it to Mrs. 8893 and the daughters because, well, I've learned that it goes easier that way--provided that I am prepared to accept getting shut down.

To my pleasant surprise, they are all on board and looking forward to it; my youngest even asked to stay up past her bed time last night so she could watch the game on the DVR with me after we got home from soccer, showered and ate, which she did. She was getting psyched about going on Sunday, which made me very happy.

You going to Willi brew first?

August_West

Reaction Score
Criminal. Losing money everywhere... let the seat be resold for the game but revert back to the donor for the next game. The donors should be offering this back to the school for free if they can’t put a body in it.

They do. More than you think.

Reaction Score
Also, Sunday's game will be a better look on how attendance might be....there were several thousand give away tickets to faculty & staff for last night's game because folks wanted the Dome to look full for Dan Hurley's 1st game....

Since when are we calling it the Dome?

August_West

Reaction Score
That is the plan. Followed by Dairy Bar, of course.

I do miss the days when Kathy John's was in the mix.
See ya there.

Reaction Score
It’s an every year thing up until the middle of January if the seats aren’t sold on the secondary market
Good to know. I bought mine on the secondary market. But they were lower level... and we were late.

Reaction Score
How have I never noticed this guy before? I thought it was the ghost of Red Auerbach.

You drove up to Storrs from Princeton, NJ on a Thursday night to see Morehead State?

#P6 #AmericanRising
YES!
I took Wednesday - Friday off because schools here in NJ are closed for this mysterious NJ Teachers Conference. It seemed like a good thing to do with my 13 YO daughter. She’s getting into it and it’s something fun to do. And she wants to go to UConn. She normally only sees games at Hartford or MSG.
On a regular Thursday night? Not happening.
We stayed up there after the game. That would have been a really long day. But it was really, really fun.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
More of a downside would be the mass closing of donor checkbooks.

Move them back a section to provide a better atmosphere turns them into snowflakes who need a safe space?

Reaction Score
Come on people. Give it up already. This is the same student body that can’t be bothered to go to UCONN football games.
I know it’s difficult to comprehend, but this state is bankrupt. Without those hated donors Uconn has no ability to hire Hurley.

Lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom