Empty seats | The Boneyard

Empty seats

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Can the Athletic Department do anything about the empty seats in the lower bowl? They should allow people sitting up top to be able to fill in those seats after halftime. Looks really bad on tv

Reaction Score
As good a place as any for my annual “move the student section courtside” argument.

I know @UofCT2009 agrees ;)
100% on board with the move the student section argument. Only downside is if you moved it to the lower baseline section, the folks in the upper level sections wouldn't be able to see over the standing students below.

Reaction Score
And they’re really strict about people going to those seats, even if you have tickets. During halftime we went to the restroom and to grab snacks and coming back, they’re like “tickets!” Which is usually no big deal but they were on a link... and there’s no Wi-Fi or signal at Gampel.

So thank GOD I screenshot one of them so I could remember what seat I was in... otherwise they wouldn’t have let us get back there. And our coats and bags were there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would have LOVED that when I was in school.
That's the way it was when I was in school.

seth-rogen-shrug-gif.gif

Reaction Score

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah when you paste social media saying the game is a sellout and the sections you can see on TV are maybe half full that’s a bad look. Thanks paying the big bucks but if you can’t be there make sure you get those tickets to someone who will be.

Reaction Score
Yeah when you paste social media saying the game is a sellout and the sections you can see on TV are maybe half full that’s a bad look. Thanks paying the big bucks but if you can’t be there make sure you get those tickets to someone who will be.

I will say it took 5.5 hours to get there from Princeton, NJ last night because there was some incident beyond normal rush hour traffic on the Merritt Parkway (like firetrucks and ambulances). There was a point where I almost said “Screw this” and turned off. So it may be some of those people did what I almost did. And didn’t have time or people to give them to (last minute).

Reaction Score
Also, Sunday's game will be a better look on how attendance might be....there were several thousand give away tickets to faculty & staff for last night's game because folks wanted the Dome to look full for DH's 1st game....

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I will say it took 5.5 hours to get there from Princeton, NJ last night because there was some incident beyond normal rush hour traffic on the Merritt Parkway (like firetrucks and ambulances). There was a point where I almost said “Screw this” and turned off. So it may be some of those people did what I almost did. And didn’t have time or people to give them to (last minute).
It’s an every year thing up until the middle of January if the seats aren’t sold on the secondary market

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Also, Sunday's game will be a better look on how attendance might be....there were several thousand give away tickets to faculty & staff for last night's game because folks wanted the Dome to look full for Dan Hurley's 1st game....
Probably be less. Football sunday

C

Chief00

100% on board with the move the student section argument. Only downside is if you moved it to the lower baseline section, the folks in the upper level sections wouldn't be able to see over the standing students below.

And more importantly they would stop making the donations which keep things afloat.

Reaction Score
He is barefoot there, right?
Periodic BY poster and big booster/fan Rob Skinner, I believe? The video wasn't great so it was hard to tell, but it had his trademark moves. Not Muppet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They should rip all the seat backs out of the lower 1/2 of the lower bowl and put in bleachers for the students.

Should be nothing but students all the way around that section, and with no seat-backs more of them can fit in. They don’t need to sit anyway, certainly not in a seat-back.

They should then rip out all bleacher seating for the rest of the arena and replace them with seat-backs. Donors and non students want/require seat-backs.

At the end, the students will be happier (and more plentiful and louder); the non-students will be happier cuz they won’t be getting squeezed on a bleacher seat. And most importantly Gampel will be filled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom