Empty seats | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Empty seats

Reaction Score
Do you think that or know that for certain?
Little bit of both.

I've heard donors talking about it before at Gampel and they said it would never happen unless a new arena/renovation happens.

The reason I don't think it happens is because people have been donating (including my family) for so many years to get into the lower level. It would be a slap in the face to those who have been working hard to get to that point and then move them back to the 2nd level.

Reaction Score
Little bit of both.

I've heard donors talking about it before at Gampel and they said it would never happen unless a new arena/renovation happens.

The reason I don't think it happens is because people have been donating (including my family) for so many years to get into the lower level. It would be a slap in the face to those who have been working hard to get to that point and then move them back to the 2nd level.

They would also lose seats (I think 1500 to 1000) if it were to happen. USG made the decision years ago when they offered the sideline; would rather keep the numbers up to get as many students into the games as possible.

Reaction Score
You should have number to call to be given to some lucky folks in line. Or to let students check out the view.

Harder to do relatively last minute. I planned on coming up until Weds night. I posted on Facebook and texted folks that typically would take them. Harder for Gampel games. Easier to get takers for XL.

Reaction Score
The interesting thing now is with the new tax law - you can't get points AND deduct on your taxes. Any quid pro quo means the whole thing is non-deductible. So people that are in are locked in. Hard to justify making a big donation to move up if you can't deduct it.

Reaction Score
I would have LOVED that when I was in school.
Then you would have loved the Uconn Men's games in the Field House! It was loaded with STUDENTS and we who attended were up close and passionate.
While I believe College Sports are for the students--Many college sports would not have the money to be so successful with out those "ruck" donors. Having money is not a crime. Many of those wealth past 50 donate to causes and institutions that otherwise could not survive.
I specifically say wealthy than rich. My dad didn't have a dime; he was the richest (in other ways) than any person I knew.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom