Emmert and MSU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Emmert and MSU

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

I hope he is truly innocent of any wrong doing, AND he still goes down. He needs to experience what it feels like to be on the other end of that stuff.

He deserves it, and karma is a b!tch. He doesn't deserve to have the position and the authority that he has, NCAA compliance decisions have only gotten worse and more inconsistent under his guidance, and that seemed to be impossible.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1) The biggest issue at Michigan State is that they were a) unbelievably slow and ineffective in looking into Nasser and b) negligent in reporting Title IX issues to the feds even when the feds were actually on campus to review such things. MSU still has not provided a complete report on Nasser to the federal government.

2) The football program had multiple incident reports; I think a total of eight in about ten years. A few of them looked like he said/she said, several others were more serious. In the two where charges were filed, the players were dismissed and expelled. In the cases where they were’t, the players weren’t dismissed. I don’t know what you do here if you’re Michigan State.

3) Izzo’s assistant coach. He had two incidents; in the first, he punched a girl at a bar and that case was ultimately, and bizarrely, pled down to a littering charge. The woman who was assaulted said that prosecutors told her not to discuss it with Michigan State, so she didn’t. That doesn’t make sense, but whatever happened, Michigan State wasn’t notified. So he wasn’t fired...until the next month when he was implicated by the parents of a girl who said that he and two players had raped their daughter. For some reason, they took their case to the athletic director instead of the police. End result....assistant coach got fired, players remained. The players are not named.

3B) Appling and Payne apparently assault a girl before the start of the semester. Payne all but admits it on camera. Somehow, someway, the two are not charged and I don’t think they were even punished by the team. Even though no charges are filed, you have one player admitting on camera that something happened.

The president had to go. The athletic director had to go. The football coach...given 85 players on a roster, I don’t think the report read like a program out of control. But Izzo...he’s skating by here. There are two serious open items there and no explanation was offered at his presser tonight.

It’s hard to look at the Simon/DeVos meeting and arrrive at a different conclusion than Michigan State’s leadership and community condoned the rape of the school’s female students by student-athletes.

The trustees weren’t going to act on the President. If they were willing to sit that out - what else was ignored?

People hate the SJWs and Millenial Snowflakes and being lectured about ‘rape culture’ and #metoo. I hope the mob burns these schools and institutions to the ground.

At what point do people react to how their taxes are spent? The people of Michigan have spent tens of millions on employees who are willing to trade their young women for winning some games. They also get to fund the tens of millions to pay the lawyers to protect these people.

I’m pretty impressed that none of the mothers/fathers/sisters/brothers/uncles/etcof the victims haven’t taken matters into their own hands.

If the Board of Trustees of a major public university isn’t willing to protect their female students even after the fact - why should the state and federal government continue to fund them.

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The irony is MSU has a very long history of abusing the system. Prior to the 1966 "Game of the Century" against ND, there was a pep rally in East Lansing. It turned into a drunken riot, and Bubba Smith was arrested. Normally it is necessary for an arraignment to be held in court within 24 hours, but on a weekend that means no later than Mon. a.m. Miraculously, he was out of jail the following morning and played in the game. It was the de facto national championship game that year.

I think the local law enforcement authorities in East Lansing and the folks in charge at Sparty U. have had a wink/wink relationship regarding athlete misconduct for an awfully long time. They can conveniently get almost anything swept under the rug.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
The NCAA president being outted covering up sexual assault issues is way better for survivors than just MSU administrators. Won't lie I'd love to see Emmert's head on a stake for any reason but a top-down rebuild to actually protect people from assault would probably be the best outcome for everyone.
The "rebuild" to protect from sexual assault is happening now and it is not happening from the top down. Early on its been the bottom up with the top coming out only after others have. Don't take this as a negative statement because I cannot imagine what it takes to go public that you've been sexually assaulted. The MSU case looks to be as bad as Jerry Sandusky and PSU.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
On. A. Fuarking. Spike.

mark-emmert-1-sized.jpg

That’s a face not even mom could love.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I feel that you are not getting into the spirit of the thing. #emmertknew

If it’s any consolation, he likely won’t survive just because everyone who knows him despises him. It’s a near-miracle he’s still employed.

Reaction Score
So the MSU AD just resigned for having as far as we know the same level of knowledge as Emmert. @Fishy is right that he didn't necessarily cover up or even specifically enable, but he didn't disable. The climate is hot. We'll see how hot it gets and how hot the Board of Governors feel... they were specifically called out in this, so that may help if they scape goat him.
Exactly, he knew and never followed up. He bears some ultimate responsibility.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
1) The biggest issue at Michigan State is that they were a) unbelievably slow and ineffective in looking into Nasser and b) negligent in reporting Title IX issues to the feds even when the feds were actually on campus to review such things. MSU still has not provided a complete report on Nasser to the federal government. What do you say about an organization that hid Title IX reports and was more worried about liability instead of stopping a pedophile when they had the chance in 2014? A dozen girls were assaulted after that cover up.

2) The football program had multiple incident reports; I think a total of eight in about ten years. A few of them looked like he said/she said, several others were more serious. In the two where charges were filed, the players were dismissed and expelled. In the cases where they were’t, the players weren’t dismissed. I don’t know what you do here if you’re Michigan State.

3) Izzo’s assistant coach. He had two incidents; in the first, he punched a girl at a bar and that case was ultimately, and bizarrely, pled down to a littering charge. The woman who was assaulted said that prosecutors told her not to discuss it with Michigan State, so she didn’t. That doesn’t make sense, but whatever happened, Michigan State wasn’t notified. So he wasn’t fired...until the next month when he was implicated by the parents of a girl who said that he and two players had raped their daughter. For some reason, they took their case to the athletic director instead of the police. End result....assistant coach got fired, players remained. The players are not named.

3B) Appling and Payne apparently assault a girl before the start of the semester. Payne all but admits it on camera. Somehow, someway, the two are not charged and I don’t think they were even punished by the team. Even though no charges are filed, you have one player admitting on camera that something happened.

The president had to go. The athletic director had to go. Compliance, the Title IX office, staffers, anyone who had anything to do with 2014 have to go. The football coach...given 85 players on a roster, I don’t think the report read like a program out of control. But Izzo...he’s skating by here. There are two serious open items there and no explanation was offered at his presser tonight.
Martinez the ADA in the Payne Appling case told the victim she didn't have a case and is now working in MSU Title IX office. That has to be thrown into the equation

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I hope he is truly innocent of any wrong doing, AND he still goes down. He needs to experience what it feels like to be on the other end of that stuff.

He deserves it, and karma is a b!tch. He doesn't deserve to have the position and the authority that he has, NCAA compliance decisions have only gotten worse and more inconsistent under his guidance, and that seemed to be impossible.

Agree with everything except the "I hope he is truly innocent". Emmert's a scumbag and I'd like that to be revealed in black and white to all and sundry.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom