Emeka on Amida | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Emeka on Amida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
All of you who analyzed Emeka's "comment" are the reason we all can't have nice things. Read the freaking article.

Also, Emeka as a freshman was anything but good offensively. He progressed immensely freshman-sophomore and sophomore-junior on the offensive end. Something Brimah certainly has not done.

Again, in my own defense, I simply responded to the direct comment that "That's pretty big of Emeka to admit that Amida is a better player than he was."

So I'd say Champs is more to blame than commenters. That needed no interpretation.

Reaction Score
If this thread would keep going for awhile, we would probably find out that Brimah was actually better than Wilt Chamberlain.

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean i'm kind of a Brimah defender more than anything and I think the only people really, really down on him are UConn fans.. he's seemingly always one of the first one or two guys discussed nationally when anyone else outside of UConn land starts talking...

But he couldn't tie Okafor's shoes. Very, VERY nice of him to say that, but he's not anywhere in the same realm as Emeka was on his worst days. Voskhul, Knight and Thabeet were all better, too. A lot better, actually.

Like I said - the Brimah 'debate' really should just be over at this point - he's a deeply flawed, toolsey player.. He's a good defender, outstanding at protecting the rim and a great shot blocker. He's got enough raw talent to take over a game now and then and he shows flashes of being a guy with a lottery ceiling or something close to that if he could ever figure it out. But he hasn't and probably won't. He doesn't have a great nose for the game. He's literally got the worst hands of almost any UConn big man I can remember seeing play as prominent a role on the team as he has. His shooting is inconsistent. He blows easy shots, gets completely lost for extended stretches of time... assuming he's on the floor, which he's usually not because he fouls guys so much. And while I'd say his flaws become a little less problematic each year (he's not fouling as bad this year as he has in year's past, for example) - they still never stop being prominent flaws in his game.

In other words, he's the perfect guy to have on a team like this year's depleeted, stupidly talented, younger roster that could be great, could be awful - but normally ends up being something in between. Good guy to have, but not a guy you can't replace, upgrade or whose loss will kill the team in the future. Seems like a good kid, energetic, happy leader-ish guy whose a good example to the younglings. That's all you can really ask.

Reaction Score
He has people not reading the article lol Emeka never said that.

My intentions were the opposite. I wanted to say something outlandish so people would click to see if he actually said that. Worked with @CTBasketball

I'm cracking up reading this thread, though. Maybe that makes me a bad person but I won't be content until somebody in the media runs with it and asks Amida about the comparison. This could have been a really special thread if you and stairmaster hadn't gone ahead and tattled.

Reaction Score
I love Brimah. When he stays out of foul trouble, he absolutely changes the game on the defensive end.

That said, Emeka was SOOO good his junior season, that there really is no comparison.

Reaction Score
I love Brimah. When he stays out of foul trouble, he absolutely changes the game on the defensive end.

That said, Emeka was SOOO good his junior season, that there really is no comparison.

Emeka was twice the player AB is now in his soph season. I can't believe Emeka would think people would fall for that.:oops:

Reaction Score
My intentions were the opposite. I wanted to say something outlandish so people would click to see if he actually said that. Worked with @CTBasketball

I'm cracking up reading this thread, though. Maybe that makes me a bad person but I won't be content until somebody in the media runs with it and asks Amida about the comparison. This could have been a really special thread if you and stairmaster hadn't gone ahead and tattled.

I think you're evil for starting this and I love it champs. While your intentions were still pretty funny how it's turned out is even more hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom