Emeka Okafor? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Emeka Okafor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As I remember from his Final-4 period, he was always chatting with CV and Hilty? during time-outs leading the sportscasters to comment that he was coaching the bigs better than JC.

Reaction Score
As I remember from his Final-4 period, he was always chatting with CV and Hilty? during time-outs leading the sportscasters to comment that he was coaching the bigs better than JC.

He was especially during the BE tourney when he was unable to play.

Reaction Score
I think your post is the backwards one here. Intelligence, familiarity with great coaches, and work ethic are parts of what make up a good coach. But you're missing something huge: people skills. The smartest, hardest-working guy in the book will be a terrible coach if he can't effectively impart what he's teaching his players. Is this guy personable? Can he interact effectively with college-aged kids? Does he run drills/deliver lessons using language and tone that allow players to connect with his message and get the most out of it? Will he be able to command respect because of what he says and does as a coach, not just his status as a successful player? How is he as a motivator - does he bring intensity without being too harsh for his message to be lost?

Granted, Emeka might be the most personable teacher on the planet. But none of us (besides Chief) can confirm whether not he has what it takes to coach collegiate basketball players for sure. (aside: if someone here had him as a camp counselor at one point, I'll bite my tongue.)

You may think this is dumb new-age bunk, and that none of it mattered back in your day, but this is the reality of the basketball world today.

Either someone has taken over your boneyard logon or you have a severe case of roids.

Reaction Score
This board should have a bot that posts this every time someone insists we add a former great player to our coaching staff.
If it were up to this board, there'd be about 30 former players on staff.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This times a million for the millionth time. Purest proof you'd ever need is that Ted Williams may have been the greatest hitter in history. And by all accounts, he was a piss poor coach/manager.

Except for that Manager of the Year award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom