OT: - Elon Musk is Seriously Losing It | The Boneyard

OT: Elon Musk is Seriously Losing It

Reaction Score
I thought you meant his craziness on Joe Rogan today.

Reaction Score
I sold my Tesla stock a few years ago. Just didn't feel he was a good steward of my money. The guys is some kind of genius but he says so many things that make me uncomfortable as an investor. The stock has gone up quite a bit since then but thankfully what I bought has gone up even more.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
He thinks outside the box and why is that wrong? Trusting authority is not always good just saying

He's so far outside the box he doesn't know where it is. I like Musk. He's a risk taker with money to burn. But he is still nuts. Very likely bipolar, but my guess many in STEM fields probably are too.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Driving the stock down so he can take it private...

Reaction Score
Love my Tesla, give a lot of credit to Musk for changing the game, but he is a bit full of himself, and I just don't get why the stock seems to be Teflon coated and filled with helium.

Reaction Score
Love my Tesla, give a lot of credit to Musk for changing the game, but he is a bit full of himself, and I just don't get why the stock seems to be Teflon coated and filled with helium.

Same. Great car. Transformative driving experience -- never had a day of regret. But I'd never buy the stock (though I'm sure a lot of funds have large shares of it).

Reaction Score
Didn't want the Tesla Model 3- hate the style, plus also not enough luggage capacity for our needs. Model S is much nicer but won't fit in our historic garage. So, we ended up with Kia Niro EV (all electric) and we absolutely love it! But the Tesla charging network is great, no denying that.

Reaction Score

Thank the government. Musk was building a $100,000 car that sold for $70,000. He got the taxpayers to subsidize your purchase. We all chipped in to help you buy the car.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
elon rules. cars, mmmph. that's just to make some cash. then there is spacex, solar city, the battery business, boring machines, drivin people nuts …. priceless. a national treasure.

Reaction Score
Didn't want the Tesla Model 3- hate the style, plus also not enough luggage capacity for our needs. Model S is much nicer but won't fit in our historic garage. So, we ended up with Kia Niro EV (all electric) and we absolutely love it! But the Tesla charging network is great, no denying that.
Some great power ideas, but lousy manufacturing chops. They should have included actual car people in the design team.

Reaction Score
Some great power ideas, but lousy manufacturing chops. They should have included actual car people in the design team.

They've always been a battery company. There were car people in the design team, and they have thought of things that others haven't. The M3 doesn't have design issues -- the manufacturing launch has been the weak link, and still is to some extent.

Reaction Score
Subsidizing lithium mining isn't a significant improvement.
It depends. I don't claim to know the entire carbon cost of a battery-EV vs. a fuel efficient gas car, but from what I understand, the EV has a lower carbon footprint after a few thousand miles. But maybe carbon footprint isn't your deciding metric.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
All this focusing on Musk's weirdness while ignoring Grimes' weirdness? I like most of her music, but she's definitely way out there. He might be the "normal" one in the couple.

Reaction Score
All this focusing on Musk's weirdness while ignoring Grimes' weirdness? I like most of her music, but she's definitely way out there. He might be the "normal" one in the couple.
Heard this story about Grimes a few years ago. Her and a college friend built a houseboat with the plan of living in it through the Mississippi River.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Heard this story about Grimes a few years ago. Her and a college friend built a houseboat with the plan of living in it through the Mississippi River.

Well that was an interesting experience! No mention of her being a musician in that article. She was fairly unknown still at that point but had released a couple albums. Her breakout was the next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom