OT: - Elon Musk is Seriously Losing It | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Elon Musk is Seriously Losing It

Reaction Score
I sold my Tesla stock a few years ago. Just didn't feel he was a good steward of my money. The guys is some kind of genius but he says so many things that make me uncomfortable as an investor. The stock has gone up quite a bit since then but thankfully what I bought has gone up even more.
Tesla stock is a sore subject for me. I had been out of the market 20 years and decided to pounce in March when stocks were bloodied. It was down to 350. My friend who trades a lot said to stay away. I watched it go up to 880! Got in at 700 after Musk tweeted it was overpriced but with 100 point swings per day I bailed. Well over 800 again but with his crazy antics you need to have big cojones to stay in the stock. We should have an OT stock buying and trading thread. I have a few names that have been great for me recently, would love to know the winners others have had.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
We should have an OT stock buying and trading thread. I have a few names that have been great for me recently, would love to know the winners others have had.
I'm in for that. Most of my positions are in the money at the moment with ROKU my worst performer but I still like it. AAPL, NVDIA, MSFT, SWKS, FB, BA, APTV, MRVL, ROKU and a couple of ETFs. I've been watching Tesla and am kicking myself for not buying it when it was around $350. Musk is a wacko but he's incredibly smart and is ambitious. I'm sure his weed habit helps with ideas. Lol.

Reaction Score
I'm in for that. Most of my positions are in the money at the moment with ROKU my worst performer but I still like it. AAPL, NVDIA, MSFT, SWKS, FB, BA, APTV, MRVL, ROKU and a couple of ETFs. I've been watching Tesla and am kicking myself for not buying it when it was around $350. Musk is a wacko but he's incredibly smart and is ambitious. I'm sure his weed habit helps with ideas. Lol.

Would love a thread on this. I’ve had a roller coaster ride with ROKU to say the least. My favorites are AMZN, BRK.B, DIS, JPM, LYV, and WM. Watch out for UBER!!

StllH8L8ner

Reaction Score
Would love a thread on this. I’ve had a roller coaster ride with ROKU to say the least. My favorites are AMZN, BRK.B, DIS, JPM, LYV, and WM. Watch out for UBER!!
JPM is on my next buy list if there is another pullback but its still pretty cheap. Been looking at some airlines also, Delta in particular and gaming names. ROKU is incredibly frustrating. I think streaming is the future and they're in a good position. I cut the chord a few months ago and it may have been the best decision I've ever made. DIS has had some pain and could be in for more but a great long term play.

Reaction Score
JPM is on my next buy list if there is another pullback but its still pretty cheap. Been looking at some airlines also, Delta in particular and gaming names. ROKU is incredibly frustrating. I think streaming is the future and they're in a good position. I cut the chord a few months ago and it may have been the best decision I've ever made. DIS has had some pain and could be in for more but a great long term play.

I bought ROKU at $30 and sold at $60. Then re-bought at $67 and sold at $45. Re-bought a third time at $27 and sold at $120! I am young so it wasn’t a lot I made dollar wise, but it was a great return.

If JPM falls into the upper 80s buy it and don’t think twice. Insane profitability and great leadership.

Delta I did own but sold at just about breakeven. Warren buffet sold his entire airline stake so that can’t be good.

Reaction Score
Better than subsidizing the extraction of fossil fuels, that's what I say.

The only thing those rotten, no good fossil fuels have done is lift virtually the entire human race out of darkness, poverty and squalor.

Reaction Score
I bought ROKU at $30 and sold at $60. Then re-bought at $67 and sold at $45. Re-bought a third time at $27 and sold at $120! I am young so it wasn’t a lot I made dollar wise, but it was a great return.

If JPM falls into the upper 80s buy it and don’t think twice. Insane profitability and great leadership.

Delta I did own but sold at just about breakeven. Warren buffet sold his entire airline stake so that can’t be good.
Buy JPM now if that's your thinking.

Reaction Score
Yeah, all those fossil fuel subsidies.
Are you saying you don't know/believe that the fossil fuel industry gets millions (maybe billions, not sure of the numbers) in tax breaks, which is the same thing as giving them tax payer money?

StllH8L8ner

Reaction Score

Nice! Yeah JPM in the 80's is what I'm looking for.

Did you see Elon tweeted that he's moving Tesla out of California to Texas or Nevada? Lol.

Reaction Score
Buy JPM now if that's your thinking.

I bought at $92. No reason that in 18 months it won’t be right back to $140.

Nice! Yeah JPM in the 80's is what I'm looking for.

Did you see Elon tweeted that he's moving Tesla out of California to Texas or Nevada? Lol.

Yeah the dude is nuts. I love his drive, thinking, and innovation but he says some crazy stuff. I honestly don’t know what to make of their stock.

Reaction Score
Tesla stock is a sore subject for me. I had been out of the market 20 years and decided to pounce in March when stocks were bloodied. It was down to 350. My friend who trades a lot said to stay away. I watched it go up to 880! Got in at 700 after Musk tweeted it was overpriced but with 100 point swings per day I bailed. Well over 800 again but with his crazy antics you need to have big cojones to stay in the stock. We should have an OT stock buying and trading thread. I have a few names that have been great for me recently, would love to know the winners others have had.
I bought a handful around $375. Sold around $400. Fml.

Reaction Score
They've always been a battery company. There were car people in the design team, and they have thought of things that others haven't. The M3 doesn't have design issues -- the manufacturing launch has been the weak link, and still is to some extent.
I can't stand Tesla mostly because of the fanboys.

They're not great *cars*

They're cool pieces of technology... but the fit and finish and build quality are bottom of the barrel. And some of their practices are sketchy.

Reaction Score
I bought a handful around $375. Sold around $400. Fml.
I was going to go all in at close to $250 as a long play and chickened out. This is back when Musk was crying while doing 60 minutes interviews and locking Azalea Banks in his mansion.

Reaction Score
Driving the stock down so he can take it private...
He was going to take it private at 420. Almost sold some in the 200s since it seemed doomed. Sold some in the 500s.

Reaction Score
The only thing those rotten, no good fossil fuels have done is lift virtually the entire human race out of darkness, poverty and squalor.
Our technology certainly has done what you claim, and it has been nearly 100% powered by fossil fuels, so I'll agree with you.

That being said, if we continue to burn them, the livability of our planet will be reduced, resulting in more darkness, poverty and squalor. Therefore your assertion is completely irrelevant to the issue of our continued use of fossil fuels.

Reaction Score
Our technology certainly has done what you claim, and it has been nearly 100% powered by fossil fuels, so I'll agree with you.

That being said, if we continue to burn them, the livability of our planet will be reduced, resulting in more darkness, poverty and squalor. Therefore your assertion is completely irrelevant to the issue of our continued use of fossil fuels.
Here's the thing. The environment is much cleaner than it was in the 1960s. Cleaner air, cleaner water, more forests, the biggest villain has been the explosion of plastics (which do come from fossil fuels) especially in the oceans.

Every year internal combustion engines get more efficient and cleaner. The same is true of power plants, at least in the USA. That is where most of the environmantal clean up comes from. Solar, wind, renewables, don't really make much difference. Driving a Tesla does virtually nothing.

China builds two dirty coal fired power plants a week, India builds one. In the third world some places are still cooking and heating with dung. If you want to meaningfully improve the environment you have to change behavior in China.

Reaction Score
Here's the thing. The environment is much cleaner than it was in the 1960s. Cleaner air, cleaner water, more forests, the biggest villain has been the explosion of plastics (which do come from fossil fuels) especially in the oceans.

Every year internal combustion engines get more efficient and cleaner. The same is true of power plants, at least in the USA. That is where most of the environmantal clean up comes from. Solar, wind, renewables, don't really make much difference. Driving a Tesla does virtually nothing.

China builds two dirty coal fired power plants a week, India builds one. In the third world some places are still cooking and heating with dung. If you want to meaningfully improve the environment you have to change behavior in China.
Are you an AI chat bot that was taught by watching Fox News for 24 hours? You're listing off tired talking points that are unrelated to my original thesis: It is better for the US government to subsidize electric vehicles than companies that profit primarily from fossil fuels.

If you disagree with that, feel free to explain why. Just try to actually address the original idea in your explanation.

Reaction Score
I can't stand Tesla mostly because of the fanboys.

They're not great *cars*

They're cool pieces of technology... but the fit and finish and build quality are bottom of the barrel. And some of their practices are sketchy.

Sorry, but the driving experience is top notch. I have more than enough points of comparison.

C

Chief00

He's so far outside the box he doesn't know where it is. I like Musk. He's a risk taker with money to burn. But he is still nuts. Very likely bipolar, but my guess many in STEM fields probably are too.
He’s good on burning someone else’s money.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All this focusing on Musk's weirdness while ignoring Grimes' weirdness? I like most of her music, but she's definitely way out there. He might be the "normal" one in the couple.

I’d never heard of her before seeing this. Seems to me this name is all her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom