Elite 8 Sunday games | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 Sunday games

Reaction Score
Love Wong's game but he isn't the Miami team - they are athletic, long and quick
I would rather face them than Texas because I feel we match up better vs Miami but this will be UConn's most difficult opponent so far
We'll see
Let's go UConn

I mean, Gonzaga was actually an elite team. UConn just disemboweled them anyway.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
College teams love fouling when they don't have to. Alabama did it down 2 with 46 seconds left on Friday, Texas just did the same with 40+ seconds left.
And it was double bonus with an 84% shooter, not a good decision

Reaction Score
College teams love fouling when they don't have to. Alabama did it down 2 with 46 seconds left on Friday, Texas just did the same with 40+ seconds left.
I was baffled Alabama did that in their game. The announcers said something about Nate Oats being a former math teacher and playing the percentages. I don't know what percentages he was playing besides increasing your chances to lose.

Reaction Score
Their guards are a handful for sure. Score at all three levels. We are better if we play the way we are capable. By no means though do I think this will be a walkover like the previous 4 games. This game could be a tight one and the only thing that scares me is in close games, the team with guards that can get their own usually have an advantage.
Not having Disu down low was big. They were struggling hard to stop Miami's drives. That's the only reason they were able to stay in the game with how dominant Texas was offensively for the first 30 minutes. They are great guards, so they are going to get theirs, but it shouldn't be as big of a problem for us.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I was baffled Alabama did that in their game. The announcers said something about Nate Oats being a former math teacher and playing the percentages. I don't know what percentages he was playing besides increasing your chances to lose.
The guy they fouled was a 57% shooter.

Reaction Score
Miami's offense scares the hell out of me. Having said that, as good as Norchad Omier is, he isn't a 3pt shooter like Eric Dixon. Hopefully that means Sanogo and Clingan can provide help defense because Miami's guards are so good 1x1.
They beat texas without Dylan Disu. Forget his averages, he was their most important player on both ends of the court.

Did Not want to play texas with him back next week. Miami is excellent, but so is texas, and a worse matchup if healthy

Reaction Score
The guy they fouled was a 57% shooter.
So? 57% shooter means 1 of 2 and then Bama would be down 3. And they run the risk of him making it a 2 possession game if he makes both, which is what happened. Why not just play D straight up with 16 second shot clock differential?

Reaction Score
If that’s the case then why do they call OOB when a guy steps on the line?? You are dead wrong.
Wrong. If you go back and re-watch the play, Gene Steratore actually said as much (I did not know this before he said it).

It is an OUT OF BOUNDS line, not an IN BOUNDS line. Think of it this way, a guy who is IN bounds steps on the OUT of bounds line, he is then out of bounds. If he is out of bounds (and in bounding the ball) and he steps on the out of bounds line, then he is still out of bounds!

Reaction Score
Miami gives me 2014 UConn vibes. Two dynamic guards, ice at the free throw line, and really good role players. Can’t take them lightly
True, but in your heart of hearts you're a little thrilled.

Reaction Score
True, but in your heart of hearts you're a little thrilled.
Sort of. But also a little worried. This seems a little too easy. I have a feeling we’re going to get challenged by someone in Houston

Reaction Score
Miami knocking off Texas to prevent the Longhorns from what would amount to being a home game in the semi final is the best case scenario for the Huskies.
Seriously. Let's get real here.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Newt
Should have consulted our math nerds.

That would have been the way!

Reaction Score
Miami gives me 2014 UConn vibes. Two dynamic guards, ice at the free throw line, and really good role players. Can’t take them lightly
Most concerning is they have that refuse to lose vibe, and have been backing it up. If we get ahead of them, we need to continue full throttle against and try to bury them by 20-30 too like we have been doing, because 10-15 points is not going to be enough to rattle or discourage them. And if it close throughout, we have to continue to execute and not let them rattle us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom