6 potential assists
2 foul assists

6 TO
2 STL
0 BLK

4/7 2FG
2/3 3FG
2/2 FT
  • Love his left hand drive. That will be a weapon.
  • Really efficient scoring this game.
  • Overall defense looked better. Not fantastic but he didn’t stick out as a liability like the last game I saw. Stayed on his man's hip defending the drive pretty well--last game he got beat a lot.
  • Dribbled wayyyy too much this game early on His team is good but not a lot of ballhandling guards--only 2. As long as he breaks the habit of overdribbling, the experience dribbling vs pressure will be important. Looked better playing with another guard and splitting PG duties--team came back from a 13 pt deficit when they went 2 guards.
  • A lot better on a catch-n-shoot. Not being able to pick up off a right hand dribble is limiting.
  • FT stroke looks ok. 84% on the season is great. I think he could get 90+ if the coaches work with him on tweaking a few things. Brings the ball across his body and has a weird hip hitch that needs to be fixed.
  • First step is super quick
  • His drive really opens up 3 point shooters. He had a BUNCH of ready-made assists and guys just missed the shots.
  • Worth noting that he’s playing with more talent than many of our HS recruits coming in. Has teammates going to Coastal Carolina, Oregon State, Cleveland State, Indiana State, Prairie View, Wiscy-Milwauke etc… All but 1 of the sophomores is going D1 at some level.
I really like the BOB play at 1:06:30. Just wrote that one down in my book of ideas for next year.

Reaction Score
I can’t emphasis the importance enough of contacting your state legislator and requesting that people under age 40 should be allowed to play COMPETIVE basketball without any social distancing restrictions or mask rules. If this doesn’t change almost immediately in CT, we will be going into the season at a tremendous disadvantage. The summer is when you do things that win games in January/February. The coach’s can’t really comment on this as state employees - so it’s up to the fans to support the program by demanding competitive basketball be allowed NOW.
Just to be clear, Chief recognizes the NCAA summer restrictions but there’s a lot of unofficial player run games that can be played.
The relative risk is below and is even lower since basketball players are unlikely to have underlying health issues.
View attachment 55384
Counterpoint: Those numbers might look a lot different had younger people been going to school and playing competitive sports. I follow this stuff pretty closely, and while there is no doubt that younger people are less susceptible to death or hospitalization, we won't know the true risk for younger people until "normal" life resumes.

Reaction Score
I can’t emphasis the importance enough of contacting your state legislator and requesting that people under age 40 should be allowed to play COMPETIVE basketball without any social distancing restrictions or mask rules. If this doesn’t change almost immediately in CT, we will be going into the season at a tremendous disadvantage. The summer is when you do things that win games in January/February. The coach’s can’t really comment on this as state employees - so it’s up to the fans to support the program by demanding competitive basketball be allowed NOW.
Just to be clear, Chief recognizes the NCAA summer restrictions but there’s a lot of unofficial player run games that can be played.
The relative risk is below and is even lower since basketball players are unlikely to have underlying health issues.
View attachment 55384
How about we don’t do this here? Cool much appreciated!

Reaction Score
I really don’t want to derail the thread completely. Too late? I don’t know.

Do we have an idea of his timeline for making a decision? I was hoping that we were far enough ahead that we wouldn’t have to get him on campus to secure a commitment.

C

Chief00

You clearly haven't followed the data if you're saying we don't know the true risk for younger people.
Agree. Let the games begin for the younger dudes. I heard today that Creighton players have been doing the grind the entire time and Butler and Marquette are back at it. We are falling behind unless our leadership gets out of its own way and steps up. Take the chains off Danny and Geno.

Reaction Score
Like it or not, the quarantine is over for young people and it needs to be for their mental health and education. Life shouldn’t stop for them any longer.. This photo was from today and honestly It was refreshing to see. There were about 30 guys out playing on 2 courts
06FAFCF3-F7D0-4A90-B7C3-08571876D93A.jpeg

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Like it or not, the quarantine is over for young people and it needs to be for their mental health and education. Life shouldn’t stop for them any longer.. This photo was from today and honestly It was refreshing to see. There were about 30 guys out playing on 2 courts View attachment 55395

Good for them and may God bless them.

Reaction Score
Like it or not, the quarantine is over for young people and it needs to be for their mental health and education. Life shouldn’t stop for them any longer.. This photo was from today and honestly It was refreshing to see. There were about 30 guys out playing on 2 courts View attachment 55395
Bars and restaurants packed out here with people paying little attention to the ridiculous rules. It's nice to see.

Reaction Score
Where is this at? Asking for a friend ofc

Reaction Score
Let’s hope there’s no second wave. Fingers crossed bc if there is, it’s going to hurt twice as badly.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
stop hijacking threads with this crap. Stay on topic or take it to the cesspool.

View attachment 55384

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange