Ejected in Atlanta - Reporting on Recruiting | The Boneyard

Ejected in Atlanta - Reporting on Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Bob Corwin - Link

Don't know why they would eject Bob. If he was going to report on the event, it would seem to help publicize the event.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Even if Mr. Corwin were there on behalf of Kenny Kalina (although he wasn't), I don't know why he would have been ejected. It was a bush league move on the part of Peach State.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I have had the pleasure of talking with Mr Corwin, he is a delightful man of slight stature, it is hard for me to picture him being ejected, just cannot fathom the landscape right now in ranking.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I saw a tweet on it by Clay Callum and Kenny Kallina, who went kind of ballistic on Hoopgurlz in their tweets...

Clay Kallam@ClayKallam
So here's the link to Bob Corwin's story -- what's sad is that the people who ejected him are writers for Hoopgurlz. http://bluestarmedia.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=244:ejected-in-atlanta

Kenny Kallina@KennyKallina
Check Out the Appalling Treatment of Legendary Scout Bob Corwin RT to #FreeBob http://bluestarmedia.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=244:ejected-in-atlanta @coachjohnmcgraw @MikeFlynn826

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Even if Mr. Corwin were there on behalf of Kenny Kalina (although he wasn't), I don't know why he would have been ejected. It was a bush league move on the part of Peach State.

And based on their relationship, a bush league move by ESPN Hoopgurlz.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
They probably were quite full of themselves after breaking the UNC story.

Reaction Score
What a selfish act. Its about the KIDS but Brandon Clay is more about the $$$. Why else would he boot out a well respected scout? All he was going to do was write about kids who play well so colleges could find out. Brandon Clay trying to monopolize the scouting services so people cannot watch kids at his events unless they are with his company.

ESPN should be ashamed of hiring him. His rankings are already skewed to favor kids who sign up for his EBA camps.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
What a selfish act. Its about the KIDS but Brandon Clay is more about the $$$. Why else would he boot out a well respected scout? All he was going to do was write about kids who play well so colleges could find out. Brandon Clay trying to monopolize the scouting services so people cannot watch kids at his events unless they are with his company.

ESPN should be ashamed of hiring him. His rankings are already skewed to favor kids who sign up for his EBA camps.
ESPN should suspend their relationship with him.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I have had the pleasure of talking with Mr Corwin, he is a delightful man of slight stature, it is hard for me to picture him being ejected, just cannot fathom the landscape right now in ranking.

I have met Bob Corwin, had dinner with him, and attended games with him several times over the past decade. He is a kind, good-natured individual, whose only interests are journalism (covering the sport of women's basketball) and enjoying games.

Reaction Score
I met Bob a few times. Good guy. Harmless. No apparent agenda. Not in it for the $ or fame as he is/was a government employee and is now a senior citizen. Can't imagine he was doing anything overtly wrong. Can't think this was a good decision by Moore/Clay- you never come off looking like the good guys when you harass senior citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom