Edsall stepping down immediately | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Edsall stepping down immediately

Reaction Score
Scheduling may get harder going forward with the B10, ACC, PAC10 alliance.
I doubt any of those schools would be scheduling an entire season of P4 games. That's exactly how you lose enough games to keep you out of the CFP. We'll be fine

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I would say BYU but they're about to fix that.

I consider BYU and ND as their own list: Both football indy's with everything else parked appropriately. ND may end up being closer to us, ironically, as they will potentially have to give up football indy if forced, and they will hate it.

The other indy's are in the inconsequential camp.

Reaction Score
I read this twice. Second time I played "The Age of Aquarius" in the background and it was a better read.
That's Funny, I think I was obviously guilty of a Long Ago Time & Place that doesn't exist anymore, and if it did, it lasted 15 minutes. I could have been just slightly more succinct, but thanks for the laugh.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I would say BYU but they're about to fix that.
Last time out, there was significant concerns about LGBTQ+ issues at BYU that actually overshadowed the won't play on Sundays thing. Have those been resolved now?

I admit to being surprised the B12 would even care about such things, but there was significant press on it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I agree we are one of a few schools to pull it off yet I don't imagine schools have different fan bases hoping one program goes away. Do Kansas bball fans not cheer for their terrible FB team?

It's just really disappointing and embarrassing that our fan base acts like this. Support all of your programs. No one is saying you need to give your full support to one or the other, but this animosity towards the FB is ridiculous. Especially after the bball crowd got their wish and got to the NBE
How’s it embarrassing it just a few people on the BY?

Reaction Score
Last time out, there was significant concerns about LGBTQ+ issues at BYU that actually overshadowed the won't play on Sundays thing. Have those been resolved now?
Morals and values have a way of becoming insignificant when major money is at stake.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score

I admit to being surprised the B12 would even care about such things, but there was significant press on it.
I don't know that the issues have been resolved so much as the B12 needs more members and BYU moves the needle so they can look the other way this time around.

Reaction Score
It's the right move.
Randy 2.0 was not the same as Randy 1.0. Seemed very aloof. He's always been a "my way or highway" type of coach, which doesn't work when "my way" isn't working. DB knew that Spanos was well liked by the team and they had obviously lost respect for Randy.

Move had to be made.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Randy 2.0 was not the same as Randy 1.0. Seemed very aloof. He's always been a "my way or highway" type of coach, which doesn't work when "my way" isn't working. DB knew that Spanos was well liked by the team and they had obviously lost respect for Randy.

Move had to be made.

You can gain buy in for the process of "my way or the highway" but when on field results go bad, or in this case historically bad, you will lose the team quickly.

Reaction Score

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You can gain buy in for the process of "my way or the highway" but when on field results go bad, or in this case historically bad, you will lose the team quickly.
Put another way, "my way or the highway" works best when your way leads to success. Take Belichick for example, players that follow his instruction win and get paid. Just not by the Pats, as a rule.

Reaction Score
Hyperbole galore
Misinformation abounds

1. Unless you sat in the room with RE and AD the db you have no idea what went on. If DB had control it wouldn't have taken until Sunday to have RE retire - it was reactionary at best
2. Lashlee and his family pushed Lashlee out - when will you Lashee tear jerkers understand that Lashlee wouldn't have taken $3Mill per year to stay in Storrs
3. JC did not like a weak schedule - could not be further from the truth - his goal was to play the best to become better - not 32-3 but NC
Agree with #1 and #3. Regarding #2, I believe Randy was too much of a control freak and blamed Rhett scoring too quickly for his hand picked D coordinators failures. With Randy offense was all about ground control and clock management.

Reaction Score
Randy must have literally been punching the air after he got this email. What a power move by DB.
punching the air in a good way or because he was angry?

Edit: I am somewhat surprised that email thread was leaked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom