Edsall stepping down immediately | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Edsall stepping down immediately

Reaction Score
That’s what I was thinking.. when we were looking for a coach to replace Ollie, Hurley was the hot coach a the time and lot of us wanted him to get the job. Then Hurley was hired. This weekend we were all frustrated and wanted Randy out, he was kicked out today. It can be a coincidence but I think he’s checking in the boneyard.

Hurley was a great hire. Specialized boards like this are full of intelligent, passionate fans who will posit ideas that often align with how a coaching search ends up. Randy's out for valid reasons, and fans have valid reasons for agreeing with it.

Reaction Score
I like the Spanos choice a ton. That video of him while appalling was way more on edsall than him. He was passionate. He was in that game down 10. Edsall just wasn’t. I love this choice. Would honestly not be shocked if he gets some wins out of this team and gets an interim off and honestly I think that’s what AD David Benedict wants to try.
I have to Mea Culpa here. Yesterday I was giving out "likes" to many BY posters who said, (basically), "Ok he's gone. Now we have time to prepare and search for a new HC." But I was wrong, this was the right move. The players will rally, and they understand and respect Corey's position. Time to just play ball. Renewed energy, Bring it!

Reaction Score
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I have to Mea Culpa here. Yesterday I was giving out "likes" to many BY posters who said, (basically), "Ok he's gone. Now we have time to prepare and search for a new HC." But I was wrong, this was the right move. The players will rally, and they understand and respect Corey's position. Time to just play ball. Renewed energy, Bring it!
How does any of this change our talent level? Serious question. I really hope I’m wrong, but help me out here. I want these kids to succeed.

Reaction Score
How does any of this change our talent level? Serious question. I really hope I’m wrong, but help me out here. I want these kids to succeed.
Fair question. I'll try and answer but don't know if I have the words.
"How does any of this change the talent level"? If you're speaking about the pure physical abilities, size, strength, quickness, speed, etc., ---not a thing, But...., highly tuned athletes mental and emotional states can be delicate, almost an unconscious working. A "relaxation" of the mind, leads to a "calmness" of the body, enabling it to be more clear & open to on field communication for example, one is more "aware" of the time and space he is in, things slow down, confidence grows, even the clouds above set against the deep blue clear New England Autumn sky, the fresh color of the green grass field... you notice,"feel", if you will, in a new way. You're in the "Right Place" at the right time-Now. And so you find yourself moving to a spot more effortlessly, your speed hasn't changed but your recognition of your defensive/offensive keys for instance has, and so you arrive a split second earlier, a cut instinctively comes a split second sooner and that may make all the difference.
A New Beginning..., we know, like the kids we used to be, we won't be "yelled at" so harshly if we make a mistake, we are now free. We belong here.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Fair question. I'll try and answer but don't know if I have the words.
"How does any of this change the talent level"? If you're speaking about the pure physical abilities, size, strength, quickness, speed, etc., ---not a thing, But...., highly tuned athletes mental and emotional states can be delicate, almost an unconscious working. A "relaxation" of the mind, leads to a "calmness" of the body, enabling it to be more clear & open to on field communication for example, one is more "aware" of the time and space he is in, things slow down, confidence grows, even the clouds above set against the deep blue clear New England Autumn sky, the fresh color of the green grass field... you notice,"feel", if you will, in a new way. You're in the "Right Place" at the right time-Now. And so you find yourself moving to a spot more effortlessly, your speed hasn't changed but your recognition of your defensive/offensive keys for instance has, and so you arrive a split second earlier, a cut instinctively comes a split second sooner and that may make all the difference.
A New Beginning..., we know, like the kids we used to be, we won't be "yelled at" so harshly if we make a mistake, we are now free. We belong here.
Thank you for the reply…but I do not feel like “Zen football“ will change anything. We still are what we are. Now throwing Steven Krajewski in as the starter might be a start. By the way, this question wasn’t just aimed at you..plenty of other people feel like this will be a sudden attitude turn around. That’s a big ask.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thank you for the reply…but I do not feel like “Zen football“ will change anything. We still are what we are. Now throwing Steven Krajewski in as the starter might be a start. By the way, this question wasn’t just aimed at you..plenty of other people feel like this will be a sudden attitude turn around. That’s a big ask.
Fair enough, didn't mean to get all Lao Tzu on you, but a new start can mean a more relaxed athlete that's all, and so more confidence, over and out.

Reaction Score
Fair enough, didn't mean to get all Lao Tzu on you,
This is the problem right here. You think the Auburn board is referencing Lao Tzu?

well maybe if they’re taking about foofy dogs, but that’s it

Reaction Score
Randy changed his profile picture to him golfing and his banner to a Florida sunset

Reaction Score
I thought his hiring was a convenience choice and his firing was inevitable. We merely needed to fill in the date. He has always been ego centric with little ability to accept input. There was it seemed a false sense of humility he would trot out publicly when need be. Regardless he is now gone. The season is only two games old and can be made into a positive still If goals are reasonable. Since a national championship was never the goal it seems a refined vision should not be that hard to swallow. We have better athletes and some more veteran presence. Identify winnable opportunities and realistic goals within games that are not. First of which is we play the game hard all the time. If you give up you sit down no exceptions ! Good luck huskies real fans will be there !

Reaction Score
Edsall cleared out most of his tweets going back to 2017. Grumpy, bitter wealthy man. Gets to vacation all over the planet for the rest of his life.
Just had to correct my post. Need to put down the damn phone. He left his tweets up. My fault.

Reaction Score
Edsall cleared out most of his tweets going back to 2017. Grumpy, bitter wealthy man. Gets to vacation all over the planet for the rest of his life.
Just had to correct my post. Need to put down the damn phone. He left his tweets up. My fault.
I thought you had a different version of Twitter than I did last night
;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom