Edsall stepping down immediately | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Edsall stepping down immediately

Reaction Score
When are we going to learn not to hire retreads with 4 years left to retire. They are not motivated do not have the energy or incentive to excel.

Reaction Score
1) this is playing out like the episode of the Office when that fat guy Tony Gardner quits and then Michael fired him instead so they have to pay him a severance package

2) firing RE is a good thing, who cares about optics. Edsall had to go and he had to go now
Exactly right in the money all I care is that he is gone!

Reaction Score
0-2 start, dreadful offense, dreadful defense, coach just canned. Other than McFadden and Jones, you think any player is comfortable with their spot on the two deep. Competition for playing time just got amped up.
I think both of the Jones Boys are safe on Defense. Same for Ross and McFadden on Offense. After that, be ready to work.

From what I was told about the QB situation, it may get darker before we see ny light.

Reaction Score
I think both of the Jones Boys are safe on Defense. Same for Ross and McFadden on Offense. After that, be ready to work.

From what I was told about the QB situation, it may get darker before we see ny light.
Ross out for the year.

Reaction Score
Nothing. By all accounts Benedict has likely saved UConn's athletic department. Moving basketball to the Big East and hiring Hurley was massive. And going Indy + securing a national TV deal for the "worst" program in CFB over the past decade...the Indy scheduling has been awesome too. He didn't have much of a choice with the RE2.0 hire. We had no money and a Diaco buyout hanging over us. This time he gets a clean slate and 5 months to open up the donors pockets to make a splash hire
Best thing that could of happened, a chance to try to salvage the season and put out feelers for a young creative offensive minded coach. Enough with this 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Reaction Score
Our recruiting class for next season apparently. Don't remember which of the multiple threads I've read that someone posted the tweet, but two of our recruits tweeted that they were with Corey to the end..... he's going to be vital to keeping a lot of this really solid class together.

I think he is one of the most important pieces of this staff.
I agree, talk about a guy in an unusual situation. Having said that, I think it’s critical we keep Corey. As Chief has said previously, unlike his dad, Corey will listen and adjust. Keep in mind perhaps 2/3rds of the $1.25M has already been paid. Chief thinks some of the well meaning casual fans are missing that aspect.

Reaction Score
Steve Krajewski has a tough job. His best two receivers are gone. Still, he has skill, as does Tyler from what I understand. I continue to believe we have some talent. Edsall identifies players very well. He doesn’t coach teams nearly as well.

Reaction Score
It's too bad he was allowed to resign. Or I guess by him resigning they're saving $?

At the end of the day it shouldn't be forgotten that Randy Edsall abandoned his team after getting destroyed in the Fiesta Bowl for a job at Maryland. Like, he flew to Maryland after that loss instead of home with the team.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice? Ugh.

Come on UConn. Get it right this time.

Reaction Score
Why do you keep on with this nonsense in every thread? And who is your family member on the football team?
Don't even have a friend of a friend of a friend with a kid on the team. You seem to be in denial. It is right in front of your face.

Reaction Score
Maybe true about QB… but there are players that perform better in game than in practice…so
In the few vids that I saw, ML, while he may be 6-5, seemed to throw sidearm. Is that true? Does anyone know? If so, that negates a lot of the advantage of being that tall.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Don't even have a friend of a friend of a friend with a kid on the team. You seem to be in denial. It is right in front of your face.
So DB wanted to keep Edsall but the players vetoed him...is that your position?

Reaction Score
We disagree here. Has done good. But the budget deficit and football are an anchor.

He has spent a lot of money to get where we are.
John what would you have done in his position?
Why is he to blame for the financial issues?

Reaction Score
Benedict reads the Boneyard. He saw the fans reaction to Edsall staying.
That’s what I was thinking.. when we were looking for a coach to replace Ollie, Hurley was the hot coach a the time and lot of us wanted him to get the job. Then Hurley was hired. This weekend we were all frustrated and wanted Randy out, he was kicked out today. It can be a coincidence but I think he’s checking in the boneyard.

Reaction Score
Here is why I don't see it as a PR nightmare- UConn football is being talked about and mentioned - if we were UMass or some other inconsequential program, we would be a blip on the screen. This shows the name is still relevant. Man, if we give Purdue a good game or even beat them, we will continue this pr roll.
A bit like that old Hollywood adage, "Don't care what they say about you, just make sure they spell your name right".

Reaction Score
That’s what I was thinking.. when we were looking for a coach to replace Ollie, Hurley was the hot coach a the time and lot of us wanted him to get the job. Then Hurley was hired. This weekend we were all frustrated and wanted Randy out, he was kicked out today. It can be a coincidence but I think he’s checking in the boneyard.
He should be. It’s the last bastion of fans still standing with an unusual tolerance for pain year over year. When the diehards start walking, it’s time to hit the eject button.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom