Edsall re Indiana, don't blame me. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Edsall re Indiana, don't blame me.

Reaction Score
He might just go home and retire. He's made a lot of money. He should be financially secure. He certainly didn't come to UConn for the salary. I don't understand why he would stay after he was so obviously deceived by his employers. I wouldn't assume it's because he doesn't have viable options. Maybe he just feels loyalty to his recruits.

What is important to understand is this. UConn cannot do better. A quality coach is not going to come to UConn under the conditions currently specified.
I love when people speak in absolutes out their arse.... Uconn cannot do better? seriously?
there are probably a couple hundred boneyarders that think they could do better than edsall.

C

Chief00

You just said above - its's Edsall's program and his responsibility?
The OC is on the staff that Edsall chose. The staff is an extension of him. If the OC doesn’t have some connection to the QB then it’s a problem. This isn’t that hard.

C

Chief00

Frankly guys … nobody was happy under Jeff Hathaway. He just was not a fit for OUR Cash Cow times. How he consistently annoyed the top line HCs AND did not significantly have success raising CAPITAL from our State U stakeholders is amazing. It was a period of just … Zzzzz. Or maybe the comparable is the Disco era that existed when I was on campus.
Basically, Hathaway was Lew’s Administrative Assistant and when Lew left the coaches said great - elevate this guy and we can continue doing what we did when Lew was here. Unfortunately, power corrupts some people and the Administrative Assistant never had any strategic vision about anything other than getting himself some free wheels. Instead he managed stupid, meaningless stuff that annoyed people and got in the way.

Reaction Score
there are probably a couple hundred boneyarders that think they could do better than edsall.

Yeh. You better hope they can do better because "a couple hundred boneyarders" is exactly the population from which the next football coach will be drawn if Edsall leaves.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
The OC is on the staff that Edsall chose. The staff is an extension of him. If the OC doesn’t have some connection to the QB then it’s a problem. This isn’t that hard.
Your disdain for RE is causing you to reach on this. Engaging a high profile alumni like Dan O is nothing but a good thing here.

There is plenty to get upset about with the program without reaching on this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom