Edsall Hints At 2019 Roster Additions On Twitter | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Edsall Hints At 2019 Roster Additions On Twitter

Reaction Score
I have a lot of faith in this young man. I understand he is also more spiritual so he may be responsible and provide the team some much-needed leadership.
Sounds like a young man that puts his trust in the Lord, yes? I'm all for it... When you allow the Lord to work through you only good things can happen...

Reaction Score
Boy am I an outlier here. HCRE2.0 has done a terrible job with the offense, let's not confuse going up from dead last in 14.8 pts per game (keeping Rutgirls from their usual 129th position) in Fiasco's last year with "bright spot" offense in 2017/8 and 2018/9.

UConn offense was 102nd in 2017/8 at 23.6 points per game and dove down to 111th in 2018/9 at 22.2 (and that includes a 56 point game against the FCS opponent).

111th out of 129 in scoring offense is hardly a "bright spot". Just to show how "dark" this performance was let's see the AAC teams for 2018/9.

Houston 43.9 ranked 5
UCF 43.2 ranked 6
Mem. 42.9 ranked 7
Cin. 34.9 ranked 23
Tem. 34.9 ranked 23
SMU 30.4 ranked 53
USF 28.5 ranked 69
Tulane 26.8 ranked 81
Navy 25.0 ranked 95
Tulsa 24.1 ranked 102
ECU 22.8 ranked 108
UConn 22.2 ranked 111

These 11 teams make up 2/3'ds of UConn's games each year and to be dead last in scoring in the AAC: WHEN UCONN WAS ALWAYS BEHIND AND TRYING TO SCORE AND OFTEN PLAYING AGAINST OPPONENTS 2ND AND 3RD STRING PLAYERS WHO WERE JUST TRYING TO RUN OUT THE CLOCK, is just not a "bright spot".

So with the logic here, if HCRE2.0 gets the defense ranking from 129th to 111th in 2019/20 it will be a "bright spot"? How about "still sucks but at least not the laughing stock of all FBS football".
Here's a more telling stat for you. UConn ranked 4th to last in offensive field position. That means, on average, UConn had long fields on offense when they got the ball. UConn's offense ranked middle of the pack when it comes to first downs per possession and yard per possession.

UConn's offense was not good last year, but the defense put the offense in terrible position.

One last point. If the defense goes from 129th in scoring defense to 111 in scoring defense, the opponents will be scoring 14 fewer points per game this year. That is a huge improvement.

Reaction Score
Can someone give me a little more info on Micah Leon? Did he have d 1 offers coming out of high school? This one is just a little odd to me.

Reaction Score
Can someone give me a little more info on Micah Leon? Did he have d 1 offers coming out of high school? This one is just a little odd to me.

No... I haven’t been able to find any offers noted coming out of high school.

He’s spent two years in an ACC QB Rm and on practice fields after what appears a decent high school career. There must be something there... low risk insurance policy?

Reaction Score
And just to add I’m not saying I don’t think he will work out but everything I have read said he was 4th in depth chart and didn’t take a snap? Makes me wonder if he was recruited by UCONN when he was in high school.

Reaction Score
4th string walk-on QB. I don't care if he came from Clemson, if we are in such dire straights that we are scholarshiping a walk on QB from a mid level ACC school, how bad are things? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for upgrades, but this smacks of desperation. Are we actually celebrating this?
I AM anxious to see how this plays out.....The D2 QB vs the ACC walk-on vs RE2.0's scholarship QB. Sounds like an episode of Survivor!

Reaction Score
And just to add I’m not saying I don’t think he will work out but everything I have read said he was 4th in depth chart and didn’t take a snap? Makes me wonder if he was recruited by UCONN when he was in high school.
Maybe it had to do with Bob Diaco and his overall inability to identify even half-way decent players. UConn is in a position where it has to get back to having a winning season before it can lure the most promising players to the campus. We have to have some faith that if this is somebody Randy Edsall likes, he feels the coaches can work with him and use him effectively. There is something about Leon that led NC State to include him on their roster. Their team did well last year so this young man may not have foreseen much playing time in the future given the other QBs on the team.

Reaction Score
Maybe it had to do with Bob Diaco and his overall inability to identify even half-way decent players. UConn is in a position where it has to get back to having a winning season before it can lure the most promising players to the campus. We have to have some faith that if this is somebody Randy Edsall likes, he feels the coaches can work with him and use him effectively. There is something about Leon that led NC State to include him on their roster. Their team did well last year so this young man may not have foreseen much playing time in the future given the other QBs on the team.

I’m just curious what caused the staff to give him a scholarship. He was the 4th string, walk on qb, and didn’t see a snap. I have to guess HCRE recruited him or is basing it of high school tape? As medic wrote doesn’t look like he had division 1 offers.

Reaction Score
4th string walk-on QB. I don't care if he came from Clemson, if we are in such dire straights that we are scholarshiping a walk on QB from a mid level ACC school, how bad are things? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for upgrades, but this smacks of desperation. Are we actually celebrating this?
I AM anxious to see how this plays out.....The D2 QB vs the ACC walk-on vs RE2.0's scholarship QB. Sounds like an episode of Survivor!

I actually have no problem offering productive players from lower levels. Beaudry really intrigued me.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

These are desperate times.

Beaudry is where it’s at for us in 2019. Leon is insurance on MW and Steven Krajewski being unable to firmly grasp the #2 position. Plus, if Beaudry manages to play like his knock out year in D2, then most likely we have a lot of QB turnover for 2020. Meanwhile I view Leon as very unlikely to transfer for a second time, thus he should be here for at least two years as a back up and perhaps as something more if he manages to surprise.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
At this point, the more that will compete for the minutes the better off the team will be in the long run
the starter select better produce or RE will hopefully have him on a real short leash
NCS has produced some really nice QBs as of late - never saw or heard of the kid but RE had to have seen something in him
We'll see - worth a scholly in my opinion

Reaction Score
NC State wanted to turn Shirreffs into a fullback, turns out a good argument can be made that Shirreffs is the 2nd best UCONN QB in the Rent era, certainly no worse than 3rd behind TL. (Lorenzen only played one and a half years and had a much better supporting cast)

Welcome Micah!

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
NC State is QB University, we have open roster spots... sounds good to me! A little extra competition never hurts, and the fact that he hasn't actually played for NC State means he doesn't have to sit out a year.

Reaction Score
These are desperate times.

Beaudry is where it’s at for us in 2019. Leon is insurance on MW and Steven Krajewski being unable to firmly grasp the #2 position. Plus, if Beaudry manages to play like his knock out year in D2, then most likely we have a lot of QB turnover for 2020 because he is here for two years. Meanwhile I view Leon as unlikely to transfer for a second time, thus he should be here for at least two years as a back up and perhaps as something more if he manages to surprise.
I think Edsall banked on Washington to be the #2 QB and red shirt Steven Krajewski. Washington had more than enough opportunities to secure the QB2 spot but faltered both on and off the field. Edsall than let Bisack have a shot and he did worse than Washington throwing on all 7 of his plays with only one completion and one interception. Krajewski then got his shot in the last game and was a human handoff machine. When he had the chance to throw he looked very comfortable in the pocket and showed good mechanics. From his high school tape, and the Temple game, it looks like he’s willing to stay in the pocket to make the play. In my opinion it will come down to Beaudry and Krajewski with Washington a distant third.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
NC State is QB University, we have open roster spots... sounds good to me! A little extra competition never hurts, and the fact that he hasn't actually played for NC State means he doesn't have to sit out a year.
I believe he doesn’t have to sit out a year because he wasn’t on scholarship.

Reaction Score
Well know HCRE2.0 has only a 25% chance of randomly picking the best quarterback to start 2019. Hope he puts passing ability ahead of ability to manage the huddle.

Reaction Score
Well know HCRE2.0 has only a 25% chance of randomly picking the best quarterback to start 2019. Hope he puts passing ability ahead of ability to manage the huddle.
Picking QB talent is not RE’s strong suit. Got lucky with Dan O and has never got it right since. Thank goodness Sheriffs came back or it would have even uglier if possible.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Picking QB talent is not RE’s strong suit. Got lucky with Dan O and has never got it right since. Thank goodness Sheriffs came back or it would have even uglier if possible.
I don’t recall all of the misses but he offered Colt Brennan (who chose to walk on at CU instead).

Reaction Score
Do you think our practices were as competitive as there's over the last few years? With that alone it tells me this kid can bring something more to our program over the next several years.. Maybe he can be our leader.. The QB spot is fair game up here. If he's the one so be it..

Reaction Score
I think Edsall banked on Washington to be the #2 QB and red shirt Steven Krajewski. Washington had more than enough opportunities to secure the QB2 spot but faltered both on and off the field. Edsall than let Bisack have a shot and he did worse than Washington throwing on all 7 of his plays with only one completion and one interception. Krajewski then got his shot in the last game and was a human handoff machine. When he had the chance to throw he looked very comfortable in the pocket and showed good mechanics. From his high school tape, and the Temple game, it looks like he’s willing to stay in the pocket to make the play. In my opinion it will come down to Beaudry and Krajewski with Washington a distant third.
Honestly, I'm hoping for Krajewski and Beaudry to lead this thing. Krajewski was probably the most hyped of the bunch coming in. He got a small taste of what live game action is like so if he can take the lead, I'm all for it.. He'll be here 4 years.. and he'll be pretty darn good by the time he's done.. With that said, Beaudry, at his size, and gunslinger type play, if he can take the reigns, with his experience in a D2 Nat'l Championship game, he seems to maybe give us a better shot at surprising folks this up coming season, which helps us...
But, maybe, just maybe, all the unfortunate press Washington received, turned him into a man possessed and he shocks everybody, and ends up playing kinda like (kinda) the 2nd coming of Donovan McNabb (Back in the Syraucse days) that'd be great too...
May the best man win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom