Edsall has to go | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Edsall has to go

Reaction Score
The lack of insight on this board is mind numbing. Why did young Joe look at only 2 schools when he decided to transfer? Could it have been that there was a familiar face on the LSU staff? Did our HC not say, we would look at kids we know there? I get it, you want to be cute and creative, but sometimes having the facts can help. Not here of course, but sometimes in life.
Did you happen to see Noel Thomas' tweet calling you out?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just read an article where Edsall said the kids leaving has issues!!! My kid departed that program because he has issues. He has know idea how to treat the modern day athlete. My son was a 3* running back with 41 offers coming out of high school and 4 power five offers and chose Uconn for his own reasons and was never treated right by Edsall. He was constantly lied too and to 2 days before he decided to leave was the final lie and bull crap he no longer wanted to take . My son nor I wanted to be given anything but a fair opportunity. My son didn't expect to be named a starter but knew he should have been playing but was told he wasn't big enough, fast enough or strong enough which all 3 were lies. Edsall lied to the kid when he was suppose to meet with him at the end of the season after a team meeting and said he waited for my son but never showed up while my son waited at his office for him that was the straw the broke his will to want to play for the guy. I'm not sure if it was because my son was recruited by Rhett Lashley who bailed on Edsall because he's a moron that made the atmosphere at Uconn horrible for him to coach there. Dante' Black has no issues! I do tho with Edsall, I'm 53 years old and I'm no kid that you can belittle or a fool but I know foolishness when I see and hear it. All those kids leave Uconn and they have issues that coach of yours has a losing life time record for some reason and his excuse is to blame everyone but himself. I wish the best for Uconn but as long as he's there it might be grim!!!!!
Tell me this weren't so Randy.

Reaction Score
I just read an article where Edsall said the kids leaving has issues!!! My kid departed that program because he has issues. He has know idea how to treat the modern day athlete. My son was a 3* running back with 41 offers coming out of high school and 4 power five offers and chose Uconn for his own reasons and was never treated right by Edsall. He was constantly lied too and to 2 days before he decided to leave was the final lie and bull crap he no longer wanted to take . My son nor I wanted to be given anything but a fair opportunity. My son didn't expect to be named a starter but knew he should have been playing but was told he wasn't big enough, fast enough or strong enough which all 3 were lies. Edsall lied to the kid when he was suppose to meet with him at the end of the season after a team meeting and said he waited for my son but never showed up while my son waited at his office for him that was the straw the broke his will to want to play for the guy. I'm not sure if it was because my son was recruited by Rhett Lashley who bailed on Edsall because he's a moron that made the atmosphere at Uconn horrible for him to coach there. Dante' Black has no issues! I do tho with Edsall, I'm 53 years old and I'm no kid that you can belittle or a fool but I know foolishness when I see and hear it. All those kids leave Uconn and they have issues that coach of yours has a losing life time record for some reason and his excuse is to blame everyone but himself. I wish the best for Uconn but as long as he's there it might be grim!!!!!
Ho Lee Fuch.

Reaction Score
Nope
Gioff2323

1f446-1f3fe.svg

1f5d1.svg

Noel Thomas JR. (@NoelThomas05) | Twitter

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am sorry your son did not have the experience he had hoped for. I am not sure posting on the Boneyard will help anyone in this situation. I hope your son gets his college degree and gets to excel on the field and the game of life.

Reaction Score

Where did your son finish out his football career??
with such fantastic offers I bet he had a choice to go anywhere!

Reaction Score
He committed to Richmond. Looks like their son is Dante Black, RB that left recently.

didn’t realize Dante black had 41 offers. Thanks for the reply. Was wondering who this person was!

Reaction Score
People are so sensitive. He was talking about people recruiting not people leaving. Doesn’t want a KU situation. I find it hard to take seriously. WWE, XFL College football. are Kiffin and Leach better coaches? Or is it More about entertainment than sport? Just another soap opera.

Reaction Score
Maybe you should check rivals rankings then. It's been posted in other threads, they have this class ranked in the 80's, 82 to be exact. That's a huge difference between the two sites.

Rivals
The rating of 80 doesn't even include the few players from Canada. If they are included we might be in the low 70's which is much better then we have been!!

Reaction Score
The rating of 80 doesn't even include the few players from Canada. If they are included we might be in the low 70's which is much better then we have been!!
The latest has them at 76 with all 25 rated. I posted it in the 2020 recruiting thread and 3 posts above your post. Post #64.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Edsall should ask LSU about taking transfers and their "lack of character". Joe Burrow just completed the greatest season possibly in the history of CFB, and was a more than exemplary student and absolute team leader.
you are talking about a very unique case - there are plenty of situations that have opposite results

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
No Jeff Jacobs opinion on this yet? I'm shocked, shocked I say!
SSSSSHHHHH We don't need to hear anything by or from that jackass

Reaction Score
Edsall made Jordan Todman stand in front of his teammates and announce he was leaving them to go pro. He told Todman he had an obligation to do so.

Withing hours, he snuck out the back door, boarded a private jet and send out a tweet he was taking the Maryland job.

That is not what 99% of the college coaches do. It's what hypocrites do.

I keep hearing this. I don't like that he made Todman do that while he was talking to Maryland, but let me ask you two questions on the hope you'll be honest:

1. If he hadn't made Todman do that, are you o.k. with how he left?

2. If your answer to #1 is no, then can you admit that the Todman incident is irrelevant to anything other than self-centered, hypocritical behavior (meaning it's fine if you don't like Edsall for doing it but it has nothing to do with your anger over how he left)?

I don't know why we still have to debate this a decade later. Edsall had every right to leave, and the vast majority of college coaches in that situation would have bailed before the bowl game and taken the focus off their team. The fact that you're mad because of his rush to leave immediately after the Fiesta Bowl, when you would have been the first to trash him had he left on, say, December 10, is no less hypocritical than what Edsall made Todman do.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I keep hearing this. I don't like that he made Todman do that while he was talking to Maryland, but let me ask you two questions on the hope you'll be honest:

1. If he hadn't made Todman do that, are you o.k. with how he left?

2. If your answer to #1 is no, then can you admit that the Todman incident is irrelevant to anything other than self-centered, hypocritical behavior (meaning it's fine if you don't like Edsall for doing it but it has nothing to do with your anger over how he left)?

I don't know why we still have to debate this a decade later. Edsall had every right to leave, and the vast majority of college coaches in that situation would have bailed before the bowl game and taken the focus of their team. The fact that you're made because of his rush to leave immediately after the Fiesta Bowl, when you would have been the first to trash him had he left on, say, December 10, is no less hypocritical than what Edsall made Todman do.
He left, no big deal. Just don't be so gashdarn sanctimonious all the damn time because they way he left does make him sound like a damn hypocrite when he criticizes kids "for not finishing what you started", when you came back here after getting shown the door after sucking at your dream job.

He's a guy who clearly doesn't understand the concept of it's better to keep your mouth shut and have people assume you're an idiot, rather than opening it and removing all doubt.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If we go with Rivals, two 3* out of 25 doesn't seem like a good indicator of improved recruiting by Edsell. What other metrics are you guys using to conclude that Edsell is doing better than the last few years?

Other than history, none really. The star gazing has been around here since Edsall 1.0 who somehow found a way to make 2 stars recruits into All-Conference and NFL players.

That was then and this is now, but even the Edsall haters have to concede that stars have always meant very little to Randy.

PP and Dicao on the other hand, I think took the various scouting service reports and cold called kids until they found ones to say yes. Usually, that meant guys other programs disregarded as overrated.

Reaction Score
He left, no big deal. Just don't be so gashdarn sanctimonious all the damn time because they way he left does make him sound like a damn hypocrite when he criticizes kids "for not finishing what you started", when you came back here after getting shown the door after sucking at your dream job.

He's a guy who clearly doesn't understand the concept of it's better to keep your mouth shut and have people assume you're an idiot, rather than opening it and removing all doubt.

O.K. I made my point. I have no interest in having a debate about it ten years later for the gazillionth time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom