Edsall gets ripped on DC radio | The Boneyard

Edsall gets ripped on DC radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I live in DC, there are three major sports-talk stations in town. Last night, on my ride home, one of them spent a half hour talking about the Maryland football program. Every caller ripped Edsall for the Temple loss. The announcers went so far as to say the team quit during the Temple game and that it was the worst performance by a Terp team since before the fridge. They called the offense - a high school offense. They also pointed out (and I could have predicted) that the punt block was huge, it was the first time Maryland had a punt blocked in almost 140 games. It took Randy three games to get a kick blocked.

Anyhow, having watched the first three UMD games, it already looks like O'Brien is regressing as a QB. And he is a tremendous talent. We'll see but I'm sticking to my prediction Edsall lasts two years.

Reaction Score
After getting embarrassed by Temple is anyone surprised?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I live in DC, there are three major sports-talk stations in town. Last night, on my ride home, one of them spent a half hour talking about the Maryland football program. Every caller ripped Edsall for the Temple loss. The announcers went so far as to say the team quit during the Temple game and that it was the worst performance by a Terp team since before the fridge. They called the offense - a high school offense. They also pointed out (and I could have predicted) that the punt block was huge, it was the first time Maryland had a punt blocked in almost 140 games. It took Randy three games to get a kick blocked.

Anyhow, having watched the first three UMD games, it already looks like O'Brien is regressing as a QB. And he is a tremendous talent. We'll see but I'm sticking to my prediction Edsall lasts two years.

Wait until they call for a fake punt/FG to change it up.

Reaction Score
I must say, with the conference realignment nightmare and our struggles to win a game against a decent opponent, I really have neither the energy, the inclination or the appetite to care how Randy Edsall is doing. But I guess that's just me.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I must say, with the conference realignment nightmare and our struggles to win a game against a decent opponent, I really have neither the energy, the inclination or the appetite to care how Randy Edsall is doing. But I guess that's just me.
I'm with you.... but to say I got no pleasure from the box score of the Temple/Maryland football game would be a lie. :D

Reaction Score
I find it a welcome distraction but I hear ya. At least take solace in that PP (despite his initials) is probably a much better recruiter than FHCRE ever was, which is why I'm willing to give PP a couple years to make it his team.

Reaction Score
Hey, if you live in DC and listen to sports radio -I'm guilty of both- Randy is part of your environment. It would take more energy to avoid his critics.

Reaction Score
wait until he has 3 punts blocked in one game. that was gut-wrenching.

Reaction Score
Palatine--I've been trying to find the best sports radio here in DC. Which one do you listen to?

Reaction Score
Interesting--as a GW student I should probably give our own radio station a try

Reaction Score
I'll never understand the pleasure people get in seeing RE fail.

Regardless of my apologist label and regardless of how he left (pathetic to say the least) without his dedication to our program we could very well be on our way to the MAC with zero chance of being in a BCS conference once the BE collapses.

We were very lucky to have him and I hope he does well except vs us of course.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

Regardless of my apologist label and regardless of how he left (pathetic to say the least) without his dedication to our program we could very well be on our way to the MAC with zero chance of being in a BCS conference once the BE collapses.

I don't really wish him any ill will... and I hope he does fine. I think the Maryland score was as much an affirmation that Temple actually is a pretty good team... It takes a bit of the sting out of the loss from last year as much as anything else... but there's some poetic justice there.

Reaction Score
There are two things that make sports fun, rooting for teams/people you like to win and rooting for teams/people you don't like to lose. Don't ever discount how many sports fans turn on their TV sets each week because they hope to see someone lose. The villain is always a huge ratings draw. Edsall is to many UCONN fans what Lebron is to Cavs fan.

An argument can be made that UCONN did more for Edsall than Edsall did for UCONN.

Would anyone be shocked if Edsall was rooting for Buffalo last week?

Reaction Score
An argument can be made that UCONN did more for Edsall than Edsall did for UCONN.

Would anyone be shocked if Edsall was rooting for Buffalo last week?

All I can say is....wow.

Reaction Score
i would be shocked if Edsall rooted for Buffalo. he sat in these kids homes and met with their parents. he has a much closer relationship to the kids on our team than any of us do (family/friends excluded obviously).

Reaction Score
Edsall didn't have the skills to handle Jeff Jacobs. Now he has to deal with John Feinstein.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
i would be shocked if Edsall rooted for Buffalo. he sat in these kids homes and met with their parents.

And abandoned them without facing them in the eye.

But I don't think he was rooting for Buffalo. I think he was busy trying to figure out WTF had just happened to MD.

Reaction Score
Sports radio is available on AM at 570 or 980, 570 tends to be more local. The sports junkies are on 106.7 FM. But they are all killing Edsall this week. They are none to pleased about him bad mouthing the previous regime as well.

Reaction Score
I hadn't heard he badmouthed the previous regime. Charlie Weiss did the same at ND. If you do that you better perform.
Nevertheless, I'm with sportsart. I root for Randy. I hope he turns the MD program around. I want him to succeed.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we made it possible for Randy to land his dream job

I think the 10 win Twerps returned a lot a starting upperclassmen this year, if Randy doesn't win with Fridge's talent, he might be in some trouble

Reaction Score
For the life of me a could never understand why Randy was in such a hurry to bolt. He was really in a great spot with UCONN and could have had as much security with UCONN as just about any coach is likely to have in college football.

So he goes to a middle tier ACC program coming off some level of recent success and he's immediately in the hot seat. I didn't see the game, but the score indicates to me he's got some problems. And I agree, a losing record this season and his tenure could be as short as two years. Then he gets to be a coordinator somewhere.

Seriously wonder what was yanking his chain in Conn.

Reaction Score

Dedication? Like to his players? Who heard "Oh yeah I'm taking a later flight" and then hearing on the news like everyone else that he was gone. Some key words in your post are "to say the least", understand it and I hear ya but try to understand a UCONN fan who would rather say the most. Always wondered why he was not a good recruiter, I finally realized why when he jumped ship like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom