Edsall gets ripped on DC radio | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Edsall gets ripped on DC radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For the life of me a could never understand why Randy was in such a hurry to bolt. He was really in a great spot with UCONN and could have had as much security with UCONN as just about any coach is likely to have in college football.

So he goes to a middle tier ACC program coming off some level of recent success and he's immediately in the hot seat. I didn't see the game, but the score indicates to me he's got some problems. And I agree, a losing record this season and his tenure could be as short as two years. Then he gets to be a coordinator somewhere.

Seriously wonder what was yanking his chain in Conn.

Begins with an H and ends with a Y and has a lot of A's in it.

Reaction Score
Probably. Little patience might have served him well. He's got one more Sat. like last Sat. before the storm really takes hold in Maryland.

Reaction Score
Randy ball is alive and well, as I predicted, he'll be coaching a MAC school in a year or two, which ironically will be his dream job.

Reaction Score
Dedication? Like to his players? Who heard "Oh yeah I'm taking a later flight" and then hearing on the news like everyone else that he was gone. Some key words in your post are "to say the least", understand it and I hear ya but try to understand a UCONN fan who would rather say the most. Always wondered why he was not a good recruiter, I finally realized why when he jumped ship like that.

The players (most of them) got over it quicker than most on this board.

Isn't that what matters most?

To judge someone on one very poor choice after 12 years of solid work is flat out silly. If everyone on this board was judged by the worse thing we did in our lives ....well let's just say there would be a lot of broken glass.

Reaction Score

To judge someone on one very poor choice after 12 years of solid work is flat out silly. If everyone on this board was judged by the worse thing we did in our lives ....well let's just say there would be a lot of broken glass.

tough twinkies Sportsart,
you can continue to wax poetic about fhcRE, but for a guy to build a program to the heights that he did & rush out the back door to take a job @ UMd, well, nuff said...
he is well-deserving of the scorn he'll continue to receive from the faithful of 2 "pretender" football programs
i'll relish his impending failure @ UMd as much as he relishes the zero's in his bank account...

Reaction Score
I live in DC, there are three major sports-talk stations in town. Last night, on my ride home, one of them spent a half hour talking about the Maryland football program. Every caller ripped Edsall for the Temple loss. The announcers went so far as to say the team quit during the Temple game and that it was the worst performance by a Terp team since before the fridge. They called the offense - a high school offense. They also pointed out (and I could have predicted) that the punt block was huge, it was the first time Maryland had a punt blocked in almost 140 games. It took Randy three games to get a kick blocked.

Anyhow, having watched the first three UMD games, it already looks like O'Brien is regressing as a QB. And he is a tremendous talent. We'll see but I'm sticking to my prediction Edsall lasts two years.
I can see the news headlines on Sunday, "UMD wins in OT on fake fair catch run back for a touchdown."

Reaction Score

Didn't know there was a scientific poll showing "most" of Uconn players "got over it". By many definitions I "got over it" quickly but still enjoy seeing him have to answer "WTF" questions. Getting over is not same as saying think it was ok.

Why is it silly? It was one "very, very, very" bad choice that was at the heart of what he was trying to sell" being loyalty, team, be a man". Easy to throw kids under bus for infractions sayin' "got to be a man and do the right thing" yet when push comes to shove he punks out. You actually think scenario was he didn't know or wasn't trying/getting interview before BCS game and didn't know was going to interview when he saw Hathaway and then called him to leave message a few minutes later.

If 12 years ago Kelley or Holtz or Dantonio or Petrino or Levitt or anyone of a host of coaches were at Uconn you think Uconn football couldn't be in same/better/or near as good a situation as now? hcRE had a job, was paid, was looking for a better gig, found the better gig and had to sneak out to get it and decided "better gig worth it - Uconn will get over it".

I had no reason to hope the twerps ever win a game before hcRE went there (except against BCU) ever, still don't. Just like RichRod left WV being a punk and see it as funny he gets bums rush from mighty Michigan would find it even funnier if hcRE's dream job turns into a nightmare 2 and done gig.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

To judge someone on one very poor choice after 12 years of solid work is flat out silly. If everyone on this board was judged by the worse thing we did in our lives ....well let's just say there would be a lot of broken glass.[/quote]

There is a lot of broken glass. The failure rate for marriages exceeds the success rate.

Relationships are always in a state of constant evaluation. First impressions and last impressions weigh much more than the body of work.

A lot of us have a "what have you done for me lately attitude". After the 2009 -2010 men's bb season, there were a very large number of posters who felt JC should retire, that he couldn't recruit anymore. They are quiet now and even celebrating the past season's success and the recruiting coups JC recently had. Some of them admitted they were wrong and ate crow. But a couple of bad seasons and they would be screaming for JC's head again.

I don't blame RE for leaving UConn. It was a business decision for himself and his family. I think he made a mistake not talking to his players personally about the switch. Other than that he did nothing most of us do in our personal lives. We examine what the best opportunities exist for ourselves and take advantage of those opportunities.

Of course when we do it to someone else is it justified. When someone else does it to us it is wrong. This is a pervasive human trait. It is so common we accept it as the norm and don't examine it critically.

Reaction Score

That's so not true. They all rip him and post snarky comments about him on twitter. You can tell they really don't like what he did.

Reaction Score
I must say, with the conference realignment nightmare and our struggles to win a game against a decent opponent, I really have neither the energy, the inclination or the appetite to care how Randy Edsall is doing. But I guess that's just me.

I find it to be a welcome distraction from UConn's issues.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this year for uconn fball is going to be tough to watch. were going to fight to be 6-6. great D and bad O and we will live with what we got this year. but its almost hard to follow this team with all this bulldarn around us- bc sucks, md/randy stinking it up, conf musical chairs and so on. if there was ever a year that we had to rebuild and be bad, this is the year. not alot of eyes on us fighting to breathe with everything going on around us.

Reaction Score
I must say, with the conference realignment nightmare and our struggles to win a game against a decent opponent, I really have neither the energy, the inclination or the appetite to care how Randy Edsall is doing. But I guess that's just me.

As he posts again about his boy HCRE. If you are low on energy, save your energy by skipping key strokes about RE.;) There are enough of us who like RE getting "questioned" about the teams sterling performance against Temple. He has his dream job, let it go. RE didn't care how he left his team, I'm sure he isn't worried about your lack of energy inclination or appetite to care about how he is doing.

Reaction Score
If I were you I'd stick to sharing your own opinion and not telling others what they should or should not post. (yes I get the irony of my post)

You come across as someone who seems to know it all and judging by your posts it looks to be quite the contrary.

As he posts again about his boy HCRE. If you are low on energy, save your energy by skipping key strokes about RE.;) There are enough of us who like RE getting "questioned" about the teams sterling performance against Temple. He has his dream job, let it go. RE didn't care how he left his team, I'm sure he isn't worried about your lack of energy inclination or appetite to care about how he is doing.

Reaction Score
If I were you I'd stick to sharing your own opinion and not telling others what they should or should not post. (yes I get the irony of my post)

You come across as someone who seems to know it all and judging by your posts it looks to be quite the contrary.

That post is ironic in more ways than one

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn fans don't FUCRE a damn thing. He always got paid top dollar, he was provided the best facilities, a new stadium and he did a nice job. He chose too keep the public at arm's length, just as he chose to leave like a thief in the night without manning up they way he instructed one his players to do. It seems to me a little schadenfreude would be only natural from the spurned party.

Reaction Score
Why? UConn took the worst DC in the ACC and made him a head coach.

Your point being?

The guy set the standard for taking a 1AA program to 1A and how he did it will be studied by anyone dumb enough tty the same move in this football environment.

If you want to talk about irony your response to my other post....well this one by you answered the question about football IQ.

Reaction Score
Your point being?

The guy set the standard for taking a 1AA program to 1A and how he did it will be studied by anyone dumb enough tty the same move in this football environment.

If you want to talk about irony your response to my other post....well this one by you answered the question about football IQ.

How does what UConn did differ from what USF did?

And the point was responding to you scoffing at the suggestion that UConn owed Edsall more than Edsall owed UConn. Edsall should be indebted to UConn for taking a way below average DC and making him a head coach after one year of coordinator experience. UConn should be indebted to Edsall for his work coaching from 1AA to 1A, but he was one guy and as we have said over and over, he did a fine job but not something many others could have done.

The irony of your post previously was that you were sticking up for another poster that makes a career out of belittling others and being a know-it-all.

Reaction Score
Let's do this. After the W Mich game feel free to post your section and give us your thoughts on the game.

Besides going to a BCS bowl game and recruiting a region (New England) that has maybe 5% of the recruits Florida has. Not to mention the weather.

Other than that, not much different than USF.

How does what UConn did differ from what USF did?

And the point was responding to you scoffing at the suggestion that UConn owed Edsall more than Edsall owed UConn. Edsall should be indebted to UConn for taking a way below average DC and making him a head coach after one year of coordinator experience. UConn should be indebted to Edsall for his work coaching from 1AA to 1A, but he was one guy and as we have said over and over, he did a fine job but not something many others could have done.

The irony of your post previously was that you were sticking up for another poster that makes a career out of belittling others and being a know-it-all.

Reaction Score
I've always hated Maryland sports. Rooting against Edsall is just a bonus. Picture Smokfree right now, what's he thinking about Edsall?

Reaction Score
Let's do this. After the W Mich game feel free to post your section and give us your thoughts on the game.

Besides going to a BCS bowl game and recruiting a region (New England) that has maybe 5% of the recruits Florida has. Not to mention the weather.

Other than that, not much different than USF.

but what does the weather have to do with setting the standard for moving from 1A to 1AA? How is the weather and recruiting in Boise, Idaho? Have you ever been to USF's campus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom