OT: - Ed Cooley interviewing for Michigan job | The Boneyard

OT: Ed Cooley interviewing for Michigan job

Reaction Score
Well he did coach PU to a couple of play-in games.:rolleyes: He's a decent coach and all but this seems to be a bit of a reach for Michigan.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Im pretty sure he has a medical condition...

Yep...alopecia arreata. It's a loss of hair in patches, due to the immune system attacking hair follicles. It's hereditary and incurable, but non-life threatening or shortening. It's caused by stress.

Reaction Score
If this became official, any chance whatsoever we’d be in on the Gantt kid Cooley had coming in? Depending on the site he’s a 3 or a 4.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
And Warde Manuel is STILL looking to make his first successful coaching hire for a revenue sport!:D

But...but...but he hired Turner Gill at SUNY-Buffalo. Gill took them to the International Bowl, where they got slaughtered by some team nobody remembers anymore.

Reaction Score
Yep...alopecia arreata. It's a loss of hair in patches, due to the immune system attacking hair follicles. It's hereditary and incurable, but non-life threatening or shortening. It's caused by stress.
Yes. Making fun of him for that is like calling someone with a thyroid problem fat...uncalled for. I thought we were better than that around here.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I went through a bout of folicultus on my scalp a couple years ago and had an Ed Cooley look going on for a couple months. I went to a dermatologist expecting they would be able to stop the cysts but I wasn’t expecting the hair to grow back. Had to buy some outrageously expensive stuff but now I’m fine.

I’ve always wondered why he kept his hair the way it is rather than buzzing it but that’s his choice.

Pretty lame thing to tease him about. It’s not like he wants to have those patches.

Reaction Score
Yes. Making fun of him for that is like calling someone with a thyroid problem fat...uncalled for. I thought we were better than that around here.

Unfortunately, this has been one of Dove's unfunny schticks that he keeps regurgitating over and over. We usually just gloss right over them.

Reaction Score
He checks the box for social justice. If they hire him, they get what they deserve.

Reaction Score
So if they get him, luwanne pipkins is a top grad transfer from umass. If he decommits, wonder if we’d have any interest. Assuming not as he’s more of an off ball guard, but I think he would absolutely help.

Reaction Score
But...but...but he hired Turner Gill at SUNY-Buffalo. Gill took them to the International Bowl, where they got slaughtered by some team nobody remembers anymore.

I don't 'member. Anyone else, 'member?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm sure Michigan will throw a boat load of money at him, but he's got a good thing going at Providence. Being a local guy whose brought more success to PC than they have had in ages...could be a fish out of water in Ann Arbor, but the challenge and money would sure be tempting.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I'm sure Michigan will throw a boat load of money at him, but he's got a good thing going at Providence. Being a local guy whose brought more success to PC than they have had in ages...could be a fish out of water in Ann Arbor, but the challenge and money would sure be tempting.
People keep talking like Providence was a wasteland before Cooley, but they had some good teams under Welsh and Gillen. Cooley's been better than I expected but I wouldn't say he's been a revelation. And his teams at Fairfield seriously underachieved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom