ECU Transfer Tristen Newton Currently on Visit to UConn | Page 21 | The Boneyard

ECU Transfer Tristen Newton Currently on Visit to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is where you are wrong. If you don’t trust the coach and how he used you/developed you it’s best to go elsewhere where you have more faith/trust in the coaches and team.

I left the largest company in the northeast in my niche industry (one of the largest nationwide) and took a 50% pay cut to join a MUCH MUCH smaller company. The company I left begged me to stay and offered me more money to stay. I left because I don’t trust that company and how they operate and I’d rather take a pay cut and help build the small company to steal market share year in and year out and watch the big guy squirm.

You have no idea what conversations were had but I have a good hunch that Diggins felt he deserved more of a chance and felt it was best to look elsewhere

From Diggins high school coach:

“A combination of (wanting to play) closer to home, a little bit more playing time,” Mosco said. “He wasn’t chased out. It was ‘Sool’s decision. Danny (Hurley) wanted him to stay.”
Stop. You are embarrassing yourself

Reaction Score
Definitely blocked you, he's had me blocked for years. Every once in a blue moon he'll unblock me for an hour and I can see his posts without going incognito
Lmao he's such a clown

Reaction Score
I don't get the infatuation with Ramey. I think he'd be a good get as a backup but I wouldn't want him playing 25 minutes for us
Ramey's stats over the last three seasons:

10.7p, 2.7 apg, 1 spg, 35.7 3p% in 30+ mpg

He's no RJ Cole, but he would be a very welcome addition to this team who could play both guards spots and keep defenses honest at the perimeter.

Not a huge splash, but a very good pickup who I'd be very content to pick up.

Anytime you pick up a double-digit scorer from the Big 12, it'd be silly not to get excited.

Again, Newton/Ramey could be a greater sum than Cole/Gaffney/Diggins. That duo will certainly help me be hopeful and excited for 22-23.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It is also bullsh**

Literally the easiest trolling there is on the Boneyard is to challenge someone who left Connecticut while they are bashing Connecticut. It will always get a reaction.

Why do you feel the need to justify your decision to leave Connecticut to a bunch of strangers on a message board?

Reaction Score
Ramey's stats over the last three seasons:

10.7p, 2.7 apg, 1 spg, 35.7 3p% in 30+ mpg

He's no RJ Cole, but he would be a very welcome addition to this team who could play both guards spots and keep defenses honest at the perimeter.

Not a huge splash, but a very good pickup who I'd be very content to pick up.

Anytime you pick up a double-digit scorer from the Big 12, it'd be silly not to get excited.

Again, Newton/Ramey could be a greater sum than Cole/Gaffney/Diggins. That duo will certainly help me be hopeful and excited for 22-23.
Most importantly, he was one of the best perimeter defenders in their conference. Kid can play, if he becomes our version of Morsell this off-season, I’ll be ecstatic

Reaction Score
Bruh he was All Big East Freshman team. At some point we have to trust the guys we recruit. They haven’t even gotten a chance yet sitting behind transfers.

We recruit transfers too and once you’re in a husky jersey you’re not labeled “transfer” you’re just a husky. If a player is not good enough to get on the court it’s on them.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We recruit transfers too and once you’re in a husky jersey you’re not labeled “transfer” you’re just a husky. If a player is not good enough to get on the court it’s on them.
If a coach can’t coach his highly talented recruits. That’s on him. Either he can’t spot talent or can’t coach them.

What I’ve always loved about our program is how we can find talent and develop them to both win, and become NBA guys. Transfers don’t become NBA guys.

I miss the days of watching guys actually go through growing pains and develop. Hurley hasn’t allowed guys to do that under him so far and it’s worrisome. These transfer are going to be all for none if we can’t develop the guys we recruit to be the stars for the program they should be.

Reaction Score
Literally the easiest trolling there is on the Boneyard is to challenge someone who left Connecticut while they are bashing Connecticut. It will always get a reaction.

Why do you feel the need to justify your decision to leave Connecticut to a bunch of strangers on a message board?

You are unequivocally the least self-aware human being on earth. But you definitely seem both secure in yourself and happy, so you’ve got that going for you, I suppose.

With regard to the matter at hand, let’s lock this kid up. I can’t believe there are people even debating this.

Reaction Score
Who are we talking about here?
I don't even remember his name. But I assume if you can't see the quote tweet in my post a few back then he has you blocked too lol

Also your posts are shadowbanned or something. They don't show up until 30 minutes after you post them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom