ECU Postgame Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ECU Postgame Thread

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She gets away with it so much because her timing is usually pretty good but it really needs to stop. Too bad a simple solution like electoshocks would be frowned upon. :oops:

LOL!!! :D You're right. That would be a "crude" but effective way of breaking her of that habit. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
LOL!!! :D You're right. That would be a "crude" but effective way of breaking her of that habit. ;)

and imagine the fun Geno would have operating the joy stick. ;);)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It was not folks not passing, it was Walker not passing. It happened today. In one instance, Anna was wide open and Walker looked at her and then shot a three and hit it. A short time later, Walker had the ball, looked at a wide open Anna, then passed to someone else. It's not just perception, look at the replay.
Megan is not a particularly good passer. It has absolutely nothing to do with Anna. There was a play today when Megan drove into the middle. Christyn was standing wide open at the 3-pt line in Megan’s line of vision, but Megan didn’t pass to her. Instead, she forced up a bad shot against a double team. I have also noticed in prior games that Liv will work hard for good low post position, call for the ball and doesn’t usually get it from Megan.

I’m certain that Geno has clearly given Megan the green light to score this year. More than most scorers, I think it is difficult for Megan to also be a facilitator.

Carnac

Reaction Score
or double down since she is responsible for the posts

We've got lots of ideas of how to help. They should listen to us!! :D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Agreed. The "awe" factor will be too much for Anna to overcome.

Her smile will be even wider than it was today.

Geno mentioned multiple times in his presser how happy he is for Anna because she is getting the opportunity to do what she has dreamed of for so long.

Reaction Score
It was not folks not passing, it was Walker not passing. It happened today. In one instance, Anna was wide open and Walker looked at her and then shot a three and hit it. A short time later, Walker had the ball, looked at a wide open Anna, then passed to someone else. It's not just perception, look at the replay.
I have noticed Walker not passing to Anna in the past, which is why I particularly noticed today Megan's cross-court pass to an open Anna in the corner, who promptly drained a 3 (her first of the day, I think).

Carnac

Reaction Score
Her smile will be even wider than it was today.

Geno mentioned multiple times in his presser how happy he is for Anna because she is getting the opportunity to do what she has dreamed of for so long.

Don't you think for one moment that Diana is not going to pour into her while she's there!!! ;)

Reaction Score
Agreed. The "awe" factor will be too much for Anna to overcome.
Maria asked Geno on The Geno Show something about the players getting to see how good the Team USA players were Monday. He said his players already know how good they are because several of them have been practicing with his team.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Don't you think for one moment that Diana is not going to pour into her while she's there!!! ;)

What a way to go. :D:D:D

Seriously, not sure how well Diana will play. Her body and form were not optimal last I saw.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I have watched about 3/8ths of the game and had to stop the replay. So far CW is providing me with the same cringeworthy feelings I used to get when Hartley controlled the ball. I hope her passing gets better as the game progresses. I noticed this same tendency against The Lady Vols. Nice to see her shot going in. Hope it continues to do so against ranked opponents and the National Team.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Little tid bit: Bob Joyce interviewed Anna after the game and he asked her about the behind the back assist on the lay up (CW). She said she didn't want to turn her back on "her man" who was coming up the floor! So Geno and Co. have certainly drilled the defense thing deep into Anna.

Reaction Score
From the "cup half empty department", Liv continues to get the consequences of unsatisfactory play. Geno will challenge your mental toughness. No doubt about that.

I disagree. Geno isn’t benching her to teach a lesson; he is looking for a Plan B. He may have found it; the team plays so much better when she isn’t on the court.

Reaction Score
My wife and I were discussing Liv today. Either she is going to be really good or the biggest pork chop Geno ever ate. I think if she hits the weights HARD this off-season she can be a beast her Junior and Senior years. Geno has been patient. Liv is key to any kind of run come dancing time. Here’s hoping!

Reaction Score
My wife and I were discussing Liv today. Either she is going to be really good or the biggest pork chop Geno ever ate. I think if she hits the weights HARD this off-season she can be a beast her Junior and Senior years. Geno has been patient. Liv is key to any kind of run come dancing time. Here’s hoping!
Right now she's Butler+. I hope she can fix that and live up to her potential.

Reaction Score
He’s lost his patience and is moving on, at least for this year. It looks to be a wise choice

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom