Ebuka Izundu (Committed to Miami) | The Boneyard

Ebuka Izundu (Committed to Miami)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Interesting. Particularly with UK getting involved.

Reaction Score
What happened here? It looks like he was a lightly-recruited 3-star, and now everybody's all up in his bidness.

Reaction Score
From November:

We leave the ranking of North Carolina players to our friends at Phenom Hoop Report and as they look at their 2015 list, it will be interesting to see where they slot recent UNC Charlotte signee Ebuka Izunda on the senior list. He's moved up a class from 2016 and is now a senior at Victory Christian. Izundu, in our opinion at HoopSeen.com, is a no-brainer pick for the No. 2 overall player in the state behind Brandon Ingram.

Izundu, an effortless athlete with great length, plays to his 6-foot-9 size. He's smooth off the floor, incredibly smart as a rebounder and shot-blocker. He moves very well and has a basketball frame. There is very little forced effort. Offensively and defensively, he's a fine rebounder and a good scorer in the paint.

To give some context, if Izundu were in Georgia he would be the No. 3 senior in the state. From a national perspective, it wouldn't surprise me to see to see Izundu crack a top 100 list and should be, in all honesty, be considered for something above the top 75 line.

http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/news/headlines/item/2652-phenom-showcase-saturday-s-action

Reaction Score
Not sure how attractive uconn is with all the bigs on the roster...I get you go after talent no matter what but with a sr nolan two juniors in brimah and Facey...a recent transfer in miller and enosh. Wonder if the interest was before
Miller committed?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Not sure how attractive uconn is with all the bigs on the roster...I get you go after talent no matter what but with a sr nolan two juniors in brimah and Facey...a recent transfer in miller and enosh. Wonder if the interest was before
Miller committed?
Year of understudy than presumably brimah, Nolan, and miller are gone and you are in a position for minutes.

Reaction Score
if you read carefully it says kentucky is waiting for some other guys so that could be positive. we need big men considering theres a solid chance brimah leaves after this year and miller is gone. izundu and enoch would be great to fill in as sophmores

Reaction Score
He's a lefty that can jump. Reminds me of Facey to be honest.

Reaction Score
This is exactly the type of late spring signing that we've parlayed into NC's in prior years. Add Izundu to Enoch and Adams and we have a great recruiting class. KO, do it!

Reaction Score
His highlights remind me a sh_t ton of a left handed Facey lol. Don't know how much of an impact player he would be as a freshman but deff looks athletic with potential.

Reaction Score
From the video looks like he has pretty good fundamentals esp. on Defense (watching him play D versus Brimah makes me hope all Brimah does is practice defense and rebounding all summer). Looks like he has a lot of potential. Would be an interesting pickup.

Reaction Score
Sorry and yeah I know these are only highlights, but what's wrong with this guy? I mean he's athletic, lefty, long, has decent defensive skills it would seem as well as a definite idea on offense. Hmmmm, very interesting player!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Not one of our priority needs, but I think you have to take him if you have a shot. Two of our bigs will graduate. I guess another could jump. It would keep the cupboard from going empty.

Reaction Score
His HS mix tape is very similar to Brimah's 2 years ago. He's kinda Brimah lite. I'd take him & it sounds like his stock has soared after his season. I love long, lanky shot blockers. Pair him & Enoch on the frontline 2 years from now, I'd be happy. Both bring different elements, but could compliment each other. Sometimes kids don't shine til after their Senior year is over. It happens.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Depends on what he wants. I think if he comes here, he's get very little playing time a la Facey freshman year. I doubt that is what he's looking for. Tennessee has momentum with him and can offer him much more playing time albeit on a worse team. I would be very surprised if this evolved into something substantial, but would gladly welcome him to the squad.

Reaction Score
Athletic, good hands, natural defensive instincts. I think he has a ton of potential considering that tape was of his sophomore season. I think he's more developed than Amida was at that stage.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Maybe more offense than AB has at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom