Earth to Jalen. Come in Jalen. You out there? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Earth to Jalen. Come in Jalen. You out there?

Reaction Score
Let’s see Hurley bench Adams against a decent team and not the broken buccaneers of greenville and we can talk about bricks and culture.

it doesnt take much bravery to sit someone against the mess that is east carolina.

There's a line of thinking that goes - instilling order and discipline sometimes has short term costs, and those costs are always exceeded by the long term costs associated with a failure to do so. I agree with this line of thinking and believe our coach does too.

Is it fair to say you disagree with my assessment of our coach ?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There's a line of thinking that goes instilling order and discipline sometimes has short term costs, and those costs are always exceeded by the long term costs associated with a failure to do so. I agree with this line of thinking and believe our coach does too.

Is it fair to say you disagree with my assessment of our coach ?

i assume that is his position but his actions will carry more weight when it happens against someone other than East Carolina

thats the point. there isn’t a short term cost when you are playing east carolina at home.

when ollie benched adams for colgate during scootergate... it was a bigger risk as colgate was way better than the one eye pirate of the aac.

Reaction Score
i assume that is his position but his actions will carry more weight when it happens against someone other than East Carolina

thats the point. there isn’t a short term cost when you are playing east carolina at home.

when ollie benched adams for colgate during scootergate... it was a bigger risk as colgate was way better than the one eye pirate of the aac.

So you're in the "wait and see" camp on Hurley. Fair enough - but for me its way more fun to jump in with both feet.

Knees to chest cannonball. Screaming and splashing all the timid souls waiting to see if the water's really warm enough.

Reaction Score

Unless I'm missing some sarcasm or something, I think we both can agree that when sitting someone against Colgate counts as a profile in courage, the team hit rock bottom.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Unless I'm missing some sarcasm or something, I think we both can agree that when sitting someone against Colgate counts as a profile in courage, the team hit rock bottom.

2017 colgate was better than 2019 east carolina. when you wrap your head around that you’ll see the irony in your posts.

Reaction Score
If Jalen played for Calhoun he’d either be in the NBA or have transferred to another school by now.
Or reached his potential and then some.

Reaction Score
Been hearing that Jalen practiced with the second team this week. Regardless of if he starts or not I think he will come out with a vengeance.. HUGE game for him and the team overall. Looking forward to it.

I don't know what makes you think he'll come out with a vengeance. This is a guy who, last year, admitted sometimes he's just tired and sluggish when games start. I don't think his motor has a "vengeance" setting.

Reaction Score
Let’s see Hurley bench Adams against a decent team and not the broken buccaneers of greenville and we can talk about bricks and culture.

it doesnt take much bravery to sit someone against the mess that is east carolina.

They weren't up 20 against ECU when he sat and that team could beat UConn on a given night so this was not because it was ECU. This team without AG and Jalen could lose to anyone and he knows that, he did it because of timing not because of being confident they'd win anyways.

Reaction Score
Been hearing that Jalen practiced with the second team this week. Regardless of if he starts or not I think he will come out with a vengeance.. HUGE game for him and the team overall. Looking forward to it.

Good. Sometimes the best way to push someone is to take something away they took for granted because they got comfortable and just expected thing regardless. Hopefully he has the right attitude and plays angry the rest of the year to make a statement.

Hurley's been trying to find the right button to press with Jalen to get him to become what he needs/ can be. Let's see if this is finally it

Reaction Score
That Colgate team was 202 on KenPom -- ECU 264. Not much of a difference there. ECU did beat Cincy though.

Reaction Score
I don't know what makes you think he'll come out with a vengeance. This is a guy who, last year, admitted sometimes he's just tired and sluggish when games start. I don't think his motor has a "vengeance" setting.
I've seen him play differently this year. I think he finally realizes this is it for him.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I have an odd feeling this is the start of a big end of the season run for 4hunnid.
I think he responds in a big way to Hurley. It's crunch time now. Every game counts for so much now. Jalen knows if he coasts another full half, he's riding pine.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I have an odd feeling this is the start of a big end of the season run for 4hunnid.
I think he responds in a big way to Hurley. It's crunch time now. Every game counts for so much now. Jalen knows if he coasts another full half, he's riding pine.

He will "most definately" try I also think. He posted that hourglass on his instagram the other day., so he got the message. And when he does well, its good for UConn.

Reaction Score
I saw the video interview snippets from both Coach Hurley and Jalen from yesterday. They were a tad troubling to me. When asked about whether or not the incident was over and whether or not Jalen would be back in the lineup tonight, Coach Hurley said that he would "wait until warm-ups" in order to fully assess what was happening because he is "building a culture" here. That led me to believe that all is not over on this issue. Then, Jalen was asked what he thought about being taken out of the game on Sunday. He could have just spit out the, "I made a mistake and will learn from it" sound bite. He didn't do that. Instead of saying all of the right things, he said, "I have no comment on that."

I am completely with Coach Hurley on this, no matter how this plays out...but I am at least a tad concerned that this issue is lingering.

Reaction Score
Jalen has just a few weeks to get his ass in gear. The NIT is not a sure thing.

Reaction Score
All eyes on Jalen usually isn't a good thing, but hopefully he can turn it around.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
All eyes on Jalen usually isn't a good thing, but hopefully he can turn it around.

1024x1024.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom