Early Signing Period Updates- 11/13 to 11/20 | The Boneyard

Early Signing Period Updates- 11/13 to 11/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here is something from Rivals:

Hamilton hasn't set signing plans
Ever since his older brother Isaac backed out of his letter of intent to play at UTEP to enroll at UCLA, there have been rumors that five-star shooting guard Daniel Hamilton could back out of his commitment to Connecticut.

Reached via text late Tuesday night, the 6-foot-6 product of Los Angeles (Calif.) St. John Bosco said that he wasn't sure of when he would sign his letter of intent and that he had to talk it over with his family.

Hamilton did not address rumors that he could look to join his brother -- who was a five-star prospect and McDonald's All-American in 2013 -- in Westwood next season.

Until it comes from Hamilton or a member of his family that he isn't solid to UConn, [we] consider him firmly in Kevin Ollie's camp as the cornerstone of the Huskies 2014 recruiting efforts.

Reaction Score
I was wondering about this very thing. I thought that was why he was coming down for the Maryland and Yale games. I guess all we can do is wait and see. I'm sure the coaching staff is on top of it. If we lose him and right now it is a big if....I'm sure something else will shake loose. On the plus side Calhoun and Purvis are definitely going to be studs next year and we still don't know who else is returning. With that I'm praying Hamilton signs that LOI. It could be the difference that makes our very good team great.

Reaction Score
tcf you made me google heart medication.
Nothing like some good ole signing day drama, huh? Honestly, taking the time to talk with his family about this is understandable. Obviously, him and his family don't want to experience another situation like they had with Tim Floyd & UTEP.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ollie wouldn't hold him to an LOI if he asked out of it. Would only be negative PR for him in a world where everyone viciously attacks coaches who try to teach young men a lesson that they should honor their commitments. Could be fatal blow to a young coach and stain on a program that seems to be fighting for its reputation every few years. On the flip side, convince him to sign that LOI and if he tries to back out you allow it and bask in positive PR sunlight as a hero. Might get you a pity commit from a 5* who sees playing time open up.

Reaction Score
Goodman again predicted this week that Hamilton will not sign with us and will sign with UCLA instead.

3. Daniel Hamilton never lands at UConn.This one won’t make me any friends in Storrs, but I’m just not convinced that the youngest Hamilton will stick with his pledge to go across the country and play for Kevin Ollie. Remember, the middle Hamilton brother, Isaac, never showed at UTEP (he wanted to play closer to his sick grandmother) and is now sitting out at UCLA. Don’t be shocked if Daniel, a talented offensive player who needs to learn the meaning of a quality shot, follows his brother and becomes a Bruin.

Reaction Score
Goodman again predicted this week that Hamilton will not sign with us and will sign with UCLA instead.

3. Daniel Hamilton never lands at UConn.This one won’t make me any friends in Storrs, but I’m just not convinced that the youngest Hamilton will stick with his pledge to go across the country and play for Kevin Ollie. Remember, the middle Hamilton brother, Isaac, never showed at UTEP (he wanted to play closer to his sick grandmother) and is now sitting out at UCLA. Don’t be shocked if Daniel, a talented offensive player who needs to learn the meaning of a quality shot, follows his brother and becomes a Bruin.
We've talked about this but how annoying is Goodman saying DH has to "learn the meaning of a quality shot"? He's basing this statement off of nothing other than something that other people have said after watching him in a couple AAU games this summer in which every kid on the floor is trying to get theirs. Read some of the chatter about him during his high school season last year and you'll see that he was very efficient.

Reaction Score
What is there to talk over with the family ? Weren't there discussions prior to him verballing ? strange. Also he could have easily flown out here to tell ollie face to face he's wavering

Reaction Score
I don't like the fact that he wouldn't address the UCLA rumors:

Hamilton did not address rumors that he could look to join his brother -- who was a five-star prospect and McDonald's All-American in 2013 -- in Westwood next season.

caw

Reaction Score
What is there to talk over with the family ? Weren't there discussions prior to him verballing ? strange. Also he could have easily flown out here to tell ollie face to face he's wavering

Well some kids have signing conferences, who knows.

Reaction Score
I just can't see him not coming here at this point. If he wanted to go to UCLA and play with his brother it seems to me that he would've let KO know that a long time ago so the staff could pursue other options, it would be pretty grimy if the Hamiltons were to let him know now this late in the game. I think the hesitiation on signing an LOI is just to protect themselves given what happened the last go around.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I just can't see him not coming here at this point. If he wanted to go to UCLA and play with his brother it seems to me that he would've let KO know that a long time ago so the staff could pursue other options, it would be pretty grimy if they were to let him know now this late in the game. I think the hesitiation on signing an LOI is just to protect themselves given what happened the last go around.
My take as well. The only thing possible is that they may be opting to wait to see how things shape up at UCLA with player development and guys leaving the program. That would suck for KO and UConn. But that is a kids prerogative.

Reaction Score
Jeff Goodman is the definition of a HATER. Anything with any connection to UConn is no good in his book. Give me a break with this "Hamilton needs to learn the quality of a good shot" nonsense, like he's teaching a 17 year-old some life lesson or something. And then there was that preseason show he did with Andy Katz where he tried to act like everyone under the sun was deranged for picking UConn in the top 25. He's pathetic.

Reaction Score
Here's a picture of him signing. It's more of his teammate but he's in it.
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Things may have changed since he tweeted this so very, very, very long ago:

daniel hamilton ‏@Dham_5 11 Nov
@DaveBorges: Daniel Hamilton was at #UConn's game vs. Maryland on Friday. Back in Cali now.” Yessir love my UCONN fam

It sounds like he had a great time. I'm happy he came to see them play. Maybe he wanted to make certain he was certain. Anyway, watching his fam play, he must be impressed with KO's offense. The kid would flourish bigtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom