Dylan Ennis transfer | The Boneyard

Dylan Ennis transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'd be willing to pencil him in as the starting PG. He's not a star, but he's a threat from three, he distributes the ball well, and he grades out well on defense.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Is he really a PG now, or he wants to become one? Probably does not matter a lot except perhaps in regard to what KO has led Jalen to believe about his role next year. It would be nice to have an experienced player who is good with the ball, has good vision, and can stay calm and focused during the tough times.

Reaction Score
He's also Tyler Ennis's older brother. I'm not sure he'd be a starter here & we have plenty of other combo guards. I wouldn't call him a traditional PG though. He's a good defender too.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'd be willing to pencil him in as the starting PG. He's not a star, but he's a threat from three, he distributes the ball well, and he grades out well on defense.
what is wrong with you?

Dylan ennis is not taking minutes from adams, so he can go ahead and battle the likes of cassell or samuel for backup minutes.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He's also Tyler Ennis's older brother. I'm not sure he'd be a starter here & we have plenty of other combo guards. I wouldn't call him a traditional PG though. He's a good defender too.

He's a definite upgrade over Samuel/Cassell, using both stats and the eye test.

Reaction Score
what is wrong with you?

Dylan ennis is not taking minutes from adams, so he can go ahead and battle the likes of cassell or samuel for backup minutes.

Adams has played 0 minutes of college basketball. Ennis was a good player in the BE. Adams may well be better than Ennis next year, but I'm certain that Ennis is good enough to be a starting PG in the American. He was recruited as a PG and had the highest assist rate on Nova's team last year (#7 in the BE), so I don't know where this "not a real point guard" stuff is coming from.

Reaction Score
Adams has played 0 minutes of college basketball. Ennis was a good player in the BE. Adams may well be better than Ennis next year, but I'm certain that Ennis is good enough to be a starting PG in the American. He was recruited as a PG and had the highest assist rate on Nova's team last year (#7 in the BE), so I don't know where this "not a real point guard" stuff is coming from.
No sense arguing over someone who definitely isn't coming here.
If he isn't getting 30mpg @ pg he wont be coming here. and he wouldn't .

Reaction Score
Plus he explicitly said he left because he wants to play purer PG. He doesn't want to be the combo guard he was apparently used as. I think he thinks he has the skills to play pure point but has yet to have the opportunity to showcase them. Nobody can comment on his ability to play pure point because nobody has seen him do it in college yet.

Reaction Score
He's a good player, basically a rich man's Samuel. But his game against N.C. State in the tournament is a cautionary tale for any program willing to hand the car keys over to him - 2 for 12. Shot selection has been a problem for him. As others have said, he's not coming here to compete in another crowded back court.

Reaction Score
He won't be playing here. With that said, excited for May.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
As others have said, he's not coming here to compete in another crowded back court.

Both our backcourt and our frontcourt are "crowded" if you consider the sheer number of bodies. And yet, neither is good enough. So how do we improve them?

Reaction Score
I don't see Ennis "competing" with Samuel or Cassell. He's very clearly better than both of them by a huge margin.

Reaction Score
I don't see Ennis "competing" with Samuel or Cassell. He's very clearly better than both of them by a huge margin.
cassell was injured majority of the season, his movement was hampered by this. also , this point isnt even worth making. ennis doesn't want to compete, he wants the lions share of minutes at the 1. which he wont get, because he is not as good as jalen adams right now at this moment

Reaction Score
Cassell isn't a PG. He's too slow to run an offense. He's a shooting guard with decent enough handle to not be a liability with the ball.

Ennis would most likely backup Adams at the point with the ability of playing off the ball with another guard (Adams/Purvis/Samuel) running the point.

(I realize he doesn't want to be a combo guard but he has the ability to.)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
cassell was injured majority of the season, his movement was hampered by this. also , this point isnt even worth making. ennis doesn't want to compete, he wants the lions share of minutes at the 1. which he wont get, because he is not as good as jalen adams right now at this moment
What do you base any of this on. Besides being a lead guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer