2020 Recruiting: - Dylan Cardwell | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Dylan Cardwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wait I thought he didn't visit last weekend in order to come to First Night maybe I didn't read enough huh/ So he's now at UT and won't be here again this weekend? Ouch this isn't going the way some thought;) or at least it would seem that way.

Patience LOL

Reaction Score
Wait I thought he didn't visit last weekend in order to come to First Night maybe I didn't read enough huh/ So he's now at UT and won't be here again this weekend? Ouch this isn't going the way some thought;) or at least it would seem that way.

Patience LOL
First night is 10/18 not this weekend

Reaction Score
His best fit is here up in Storrs CT...
He's that wiry/like big like Hylton Armstrong, but has some Edmund Saunders in him, plays well off the ball around the rim.. Not a scorer (that's not what UConn does with their bigs) but can give you some energy building putbacks, dunks, rebounds.. and he's hyper... Me likes...

Reaction Score
It's still somewhat troubling that a visit to Barnesland comes out of the blue.

Reaction Score
Rick Barnes has one of the best eyes for talent I’ve ever seen. Last year’s 32 win Tennesse team was entirely comprised of 3 star recruits outside of the top 150 in their class.

This is true, he is an excellent evaluator of high school talent - but also equally as true is the fact that he is, at best, an average game coach. Calhoun outcoached him pretty much every time he went up against him.

The one Final 4 he got to went through us (in 2003; we played them in the Sweet 16), and ONLY because they got to play us in their back yard in the Alamo Dome in San Antonio. That Texas team had significantly more talent, but we outplayed them most of that game. It came down to a late ref call that went their way, and they won by 4.

Of course, little did we all know that our loss in that 2003 game in San Antonio would prove to be an impetus to help propel us to the 2004 Final 4, and Championship #2, played in that same venue.

Just another reminder of how great Jim Calhoun truly was during his tenure as our head coach. Not only was he a superlative projector of high school talent into top college players, but he also outcoached most opposing coaches in-game, as well. Even some of the best, including Coach K, as most of us know and savor every time we think about it and/or talk about it.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
This is true, he is an excellent evaluator of high school talent - but also equally as true is the fact that he is, at best, an average game coach. Calhoun outcoached him pretty much every time he went up against him.

The one Final 4 he got to went through us (in 2003; we played them in the Sweet 16), and ONLY because they got to play us in their back yard in the Alamo Dome in San Antonio. That Texas team had significantly more talent, but we outplayed them most of that game. It came down to a late ref call that went their way, and they won by 4.

Of course, little did we all know that our loss in that 2003 game in San Antonio would prove to be an impetus to help propel us to the 2004 Final 4, and Championship #2, played in that same venue.

Just another reminder of how great Jim Calhoun truly was during his tenure as our head coach. Not only was he a superlative projector of high school talent into top college players, but he also outcoached most opposing coaches in-game, as well. Even some of the best, including Coach K, as most of us know and savor every time we think about it and/or talk about it.
well said

Reaction Score

Was it a call? I remember losing because a short shot got stuck between the rim and the backboard, and that acted as a turnover.

Reaction Score

Texas was a #1 seed with a little more experience than us but I certainly wouldn't say they were more talented than us. We had Okafor and Gordon.

Reaction Score
Was it a call? I remember losing because a short shot got stuck between the rim and the backboard, and that acted as a turnover.

Marcus White with the stuck shot.

You are both right about the stuck shot by Marcus White - but there was also a call that went against us. I will go back and watch the last few minutes of the game and report back with the call I am referring to.

Texas was a #1 seed with a little more experience than us but I certainly wouldn't say they were more talented than us. We had Okafor and Gordon.

Yes - and both Okafor and Gordon were sophomores. Neither was what he became the following year as juniors.

To illuminate further, we were a 5-seed in 2003, a 2-seed (unquestionably the best 2-seed) in 2004. You feel the need to debate which version of our Huskies was better, go for it... but frankly I think you are an island of 1 in that argument. Everyone else on here would pick the 2004 Huskies over the 2003 version with little to any argument.

Anyway... I would have liked our chances if that 2003 Sweet 16 game against UT and Barnes had been played outside of Texas... I would have liked our chances A LOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom