Durham transferring | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Durham transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
No, just guys who claim constantly to be insiders. And that they speak for the program, etc. Oz posts in this capacity specifically. Fans can say whatever they want.

Sounds like your cool with ripping dudes on their way out. Not my style.

I'm not saying that what Oz posted was right. but I also don't believe we should just ignore the impact of fan's on social media as much as so called insiders. It is all a bad look, if you think social media is a big deal. Which I know it is. I work in a public school system. Kids are glued to their phone.

Reaction Score
I don;t necessarily believe that Olllie knows what is going on.

He screwed up the Hami thing so bad that it makes you wonder if his radar is completely dysfunctional.

He needs to have a good year (NCAA tournament) next year or he is gone.

Men's BBALL is hugely important to our school's athletic future and it has to be consistently good / great.

This program has been down (far below expectations) for several years now and it wont be allowed to continue beyond this year.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
He's got to have a longer leash than next season or Benedict wouldn't be letting this reboot/mass exodus/spring cleaning happen. If we're going down this path, KO has to be given at least a few years to turn things around. We aren't going to be very good next year, regardless of who we sign in the next two months.

You think this is KO's choice and was signed off on by AD Dave? Wake up man.

We're already going down and quickly. This isn't some master rebuild that we can sit on for years.

KO owns it - he better have his ass in gear.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
semi-jokingly though is there a college basketball forum on the web thats popping off like the Boneyard has been the last few weeks? If drama and shots to the nuts at regular intervals get your rocks off then this place is basically the leading bdsm community on the web.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
semi-jokingly though is there a college basketball forum on the web thats popping off like the Boneyard has been the last few weeks? If drama and shots to the nuts at regular intervals get your rocks off then this place is basically the leading bdsm community on the web.

Goes to show how passionate we are! Can't ask for much more from a fanbase, though sometimes I think people get a little too caught up. But it happens and you can't blame em.

Reaction Score
"We arent going to be very good next year, regardless of who we sign in the next 2 months"
Is an absolute false statement.

Adding a couple of low 4-star and 3-star guys isn't turning this into a tournament team. I guess we'll see though. Are we even targeting any of the highest rated unsigned kids?

Reaction Score
Adding a couple of low 4-star and 3-star guys isn't turning this into a tournament team. I guess we'll see though. Are we even targeting any of the highest rated unsigned kids?
The highest rated unsigned kids who are still considering us, yes

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score

You don't know that. 2014 showed this could be exactly the case and we'd be fine.

Reaction Score
It's impossible to run a productive practice with these numbers. No amount of magic will fix that. Also wondering if anyone will address the issue now. It's not a trickle anymore it's a flood.

Reaction Score
So the entire Durham situation was incredibly, incredibly, strange. It would not have been odd at all to see him having redshirted this year before we lost our three players to injuries. But he was playing before Larrier and Gilbert got hurt, so he was not going to be redshirted. But as thin as we were, KO simply would not play him more than 8 minutes a game, even though you could see there were basketball skills underneath all that rust and we played some games with 7 players and he still wouldn't get more than token minutes.

It would not surprise me if they were just not a fit together. That's not blaming either one of them, but he should have redshirted or have had a chance to play. We played this season as if we had to give him a few minutes a game but he was never going to earn a real chance. It was just very strange.

Good luck to him whether he was pushed out or not. I'm not one who cares to receive an explanation. What I need to see are more bodies. Larrier, Gilbert, Adams and Vital are enough to get us to the tournament if we can come up with minutes in the middle and depth on the perimeter, and everyone goes back to being hungry Huskies.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well if he was asked to leave then, there must be an even better avalanche of good news coming.
A. Hopefully soon
B. Hopefully it brings better results then we have seen.

You have to assume KO has a plan and is working it through. This can't be all coincidental - especially with Chill coming on board and all they kids he was involved with still out there.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Everyone who's saying that Oz should shut up needs to just shut up themselves. He's just hearing what he's hearing and putting that information out there. TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT as the great @husky99 likes to say!

OZ has NO OFFICIAL capacity with KO or the program. The guy is a well-connected fan, and he hears things. He has freedom of speech. He can say and do what he wants. He's no official 'mouthpiece' of the program or KO, he's only become popular here because WE LIVE ON EVERY POST HE MAKES. We're the ones that built him up into this 'mouthpiece' of the program. What he says isn't gospel. Just take him for what he's worth and quit complaining.

The reaction all of you are having to OZ is why you see so many of those plugged-in insiders stop posting (i.e.: @3uconn, @chevtheman ) and some are intentionally vague (@Zionn ) but then get called out for not providing more information. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Just take the information for what you hear, and shut up.

He needs to shut up

Not sure he should be saying stuff like this.

Oz needs to shut the hell up.

He shouldn't be really saying anything, at least for a while. These clichés about players not being this or that are getting old

No, these tweets are inexcusable. Honestly they're bad enough that the athletic department should be made aware. If we're cleaning house then oz should be gone too. He's been a psychopath lately.

Someone needs to let UConn athletics know about Oz. It is absolutely NOT a good look for this program, it's coaches and its fans. You think Durham isn't going to see those tweets?? It's COMPLETE dirty laundry airing. Someone needs to tell administration, who hopefully will then tell KO to get his boy to STF U.

Reaction Score
Lol

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
KO should care. Either Oz is getting info from him, or is making stuff up. At this point he has established a persona and people believe what he is saying is true. If I was running a program and someone was doing this I would nip it in the bud. Either stop giving him info or tell him to shut up
We don't know if Oz has the cred he claims. My feeling is he has ties, maybe even good ones, but like a lot of people with inside information it's limited. I'd take @Zionn info more than Oz at this point.
And if Oz is legitimate we will never know if KO took the steps you imply.

FWIW it appears he's toned down his rhetoric. My real concern with Oz was the thread about contacting recruits. That was poison no matter how people want to spin it.

Reaction Score
EVERYONE saying that Oz should shut up needs to shut up themselves. He's just hearing what he's hearing and putting that information out there. TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT as the great @husky99 likes to say!

OZ has NO OFFICIAL capacity with KO or the program. The guy is a well-connected fan, and he hears things. He has freedom of speech. He can say and do what he wants. He's no official 'mouthpiece' of the program or KO, he's only what WE ON THIS BOARD make him. So take him for what he's worth and quit complaining.

The reaction all of you are having to OZ is why you see so many of those plugged-in insiders stop posting (i.e.: @3uconn, @chevtheman ) and some are intentionally vague (@Zionn ) but then get called out for not providing more information. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

no, you can go piss off

Reaction Score
You think this is KO's choice and was signed off on by AD Dave? Wake up man.

We're already going down and quickly. This isn't some master rebuild that we can sit on for years.

KO owns it - he better have his ass in gear.

If that's the case KO is a dead man walking unless he and Coach Chill put together a monster class for 2018.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Not a real judge of talent, but is Cobb a pro potential? Thought Durham had more upside
See, I dont want to think about it too much but thats where all of Oz's stuff falls apart, despite how much I want it to be the true narrative.

If asking JD to leave because he wasnt "pro caliber", then what are we doing bringing in Cobb, Carlton, and Polley? Are they going to be asked to leave during orientation week? These types of words come from someoe who has one and dones or something knocking on his door and lining up to play, doesnt feel like the case here necessarily.

Reaction Score
maybe pro-caliberdoesn't mean professional basketball player potential. maybe we're looking for "pros" who want to get into the gym and bust their balls to get better and act like professionals. I don't know anything, just a shot.

Reaction Score
This OZ dude is nothing more than a creepy man child fan boy. There's nothing worse than people who act like knowing someone in power is an accomplishment of their own.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
maybe pro-caliberdoesn't mean professional basketball player potential. maybe we're looking for "pros" who want to get into the gym and bust their balls to get better and act like professionals. I don't know anything, just a shot.
nah I hope he means the other type of "pros" honestly..

Reaction Score
I'm with you. I'd hope for that as well but judging by the rankings of some of the guys coming in, maybe its the other?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
EVERYONE saying that Oz should shut up needs to shut up themselves. He's just hearing what he's hearing and putting that information out there. TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT as the great @husky99 likes to say!

OZ has NO OFFICIAL capacity with KO or the program. The guy is a well-connected fan, and he hears things. He has freedom of speech. He can say and do what he wants. He's no official 'mouthpiece' of the program or KO, he's only what WE ON THIS BOARD make him. So take him for what he's worth and quit complaining.

Nah, I'm cool with insider info. Just don't like pot shots at guys on their way out. Bad taste in the mouth.

And I'll happily keep posting about it as I'm not an insider. Keep on keepin on.

FWIW, I am totally cool with @chevtheman, @Zionn, @3uconn, and even Oz. Except when he's posting like a middle school girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom