Durham transferring | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Durham transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Absolutely. Dude, one of the most important parts of programs now is to monitor social media and use it to whatever advantage to recruit kids. Football programs have guys dedicated to that very thing. You're kidding yourself if you don't think schools will use every advantage possible.

If you believe this to be such a big deal, do you think all the people on Twitter saying and #GampelisBurning and that the program is in shambles is also an awful look? If Oz is gonna be held accountable so should other fans.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
While I'm completely unhappy right now, what if they bring in Harris, Diarra, and Juiston?

Not saying they will, but there are a lot of guys out there right now. So many commits, grad transfers and JUCOs.

Wait and see.
I want Mamukelshaahvili more than those three and now more than ever. But I would give the poster who said he'd give his left nut for those three the opportunity to do this.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

WELCOME TO HELL. MAKE YOURSELF FEEL AT HOME

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Absolutely. Dude, one of the most important parts of programs now is to monitor social media and use it to whatever advantage to recruit kids. Football programs have guys dedicated to that very thing. You're kidding yourself if you don't think schools will use every advantage possible.
Despite everyone making it like everything Oz says is coming straight from Ollie, it's not. If KO or an actual employee of the program is tweeting some BS then yes that is negative recruiting written all over it. I repeat, nobody has any clue who the hell Oz is aside from the BY and TOS so next time we don't close on a recruit it won't be because of Oz's tweets, it will be because of REAL factors, of which there are many at this point

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I dont think KO cares what Oz is posting. Why?? Because only we do. The diehards

KO should care. Either Oz is getting info from him, or is making stuff up. At this point he has established a persona and people believe what he is saying is true. If I was running a program and someone was doing this I would nip it in the bud. Either stop giving him info or tell him to shut up

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This program, led by Head Coach Kevin Ollie, is a total dysfunctional mess right now.

The Strength and Conditioning Coach, Glen Miller, Enoch, Jackson, MAL and Durham are all out in the past month.

His buddy "Oz" is spouting off on Twitter like an idiot.

No more excuses, no more "well we can't do any better", KO owns this program and has run it into the ground.

Let's see what he makes of it. Another sub .500 season and I think a change would have to be in order.

Reaction Score
Let's call it what it is. Asinine.

If I'm another school, I'm saying "UCONN is going to stick you in the back and plaster it all over the internet. Come here, we actually care about you."

Oh please. YOu think an internet board exists in which some jerk spouting negative statements doesn't claim to be an insider?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
KO should care. Either Oz is getting info from him, or is making stuff up. At this point he has established a persona and people believe what he is saying is true. If I was running a program and someone was doing this I would nip it in the bud. Either stop giving him info or tell him to shut up

I don't know if people believe him. Didn't he tell us there would be no more movement only to have MAL and Durham leave?

Reaction Score
Let's see what he makes of it. Another sub .500 season and I think a change would have to be in order.

He's got to have a longer leash than next season or Benedict wouldn't be letting this reboot/mass exodus/spring cleaning happen. If we're going down this path, KO has to be given at least a few years to turn things around. We aren't going to be very good next year, regardless of who we sign in the next two months.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If you believe this to be such a big deal, do you think all the people on Twitter saying and #GampelisBurning and that the program is in shambles is also an awful look? If Oz is gonna be held accountable so should other fans.

No, just guys who claim constantly to be insiders. And that they speak for the program, etc. Oz posts in this capacity specifically. Fans can say whatever they want.

Sounds like your cool with ripping dudes on their way out. Not my style.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Someone needs to let UConn athletics know about Oz. It is absolutely NOT a good look for this program, it's coaches and its fans. You think Durham isn't going to see those tweets?? It's COMPLETE dirty laundry airing. Someone needs to tell administration, who hopefully will then tell KO to get his boy to STF U.
I called him out on Twitter, he must have got picked on as a child... Enough already

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I don't know if people believe him. Didn't he tell us there would be no more movement only to have MAL and Durham leave?

Fine maybe not all of us believe him. I am skeptical.

He obviously has some connection to the program though, and he seems like someone worth creating some distance from.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I dont think KO cares what Oz is posting. Why?? Because only we do. The diehards

Parents do read the board. Heck, we've had a number of parents/relatives posting here over the years.

There's a specific reason why there is a 'no transfer speculation' on here. Word gets out.

Reaction Score
He's got to have a longer leash than next season or Benedict wouldn't be letting this reboot/mass exodus/spring cleaning happen. If we're going down this path, KO has to be given at least a few years to turn things around. We aren't going to be very good next year, regardless of who we sign in the next two months.
"We arent going to be very good next year, regardless of who we sign in the next 2 months"
Is an absolute false statement.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
It is possible that those moves took KO by surprise so the info Oz was getting was incorrect.

Right. People act like Oz is in the program. He's a fan who gets info from people in the program and relays it to fans. He is not in on the day-to-day conversations with the coaches, and I doubt Ollie texts him every night to give the lowdown.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Despite everyone making it like everything Oz says is coming straight from Ollie, it's not.

All that matters if enough people believe it. I'd rather not have any parents of players, or potential recruits, reading it. They've read and posted on the board in the past, so I don't see why they wouldn't see it now. To each his own I guess.

That's one of the main reasons we don't allow transfer speculation on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom