Dunn leaving to become Jets TE coach | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dunn leaving to become Jets TE coach

Reaction Score
AD David Benedict better be feeling some heat. His football hire has somehow lit the team into even more of a dumpster fire than when he inherited it. New President that is committed to FBS football and cares about the athletics department. Will be interesting to watch.
Really nothing has gone right since he took over. His only win was getting Hurley, but that was after the MBB program went to hell anyway. I can’t imagine he’s 100% comfortable with his job security.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Really nothing has gone right since he took over. His only win was getting Hurley, but that was after the MBB program went to hell anyway. I can’t imagine he’s 100% comfortable with his job security.
I mean outside of the obvious football shenanigans you have stuff the facilities fiascos including the hockey arena financing that is just unfathomable. The guy has just completely disappeared for over a year and nobody has held him accountable its crazy.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The ship be sinking. Not that it was ever floating since Randy came back. This mess is 100 percent on Benedict. Hopefully the new president has a plan.

I hear what you're saying and I don't want to come off as a delusional message board poster, but relying on a career academic to fix a football program is something that makes me pretty nervous.

I say this in all seriousness, but there are 30 posters on here that I would rather lead the AD than the current regime.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

remember when suzielax gave him a 50k raise? lol she gets it!

Reaction Score
I'm much more pissed off about the replacement than Dunn leaving. An offensive line coach with zero OC experience is such a terrible plan. But I shouldn't expect anything less at this point.
I looked at the coaches resumes. Mike Moyseenko was named QB coach and here is his background:

2018: UConn Offensive Quality Control
2014 to 2017: Towson WR coach
2013: Towson Offensive Qualiity Control
2012: Sheperd University WR coach
2011: QB Coach Good Council HS
2008-2010: Offensive Coordinator Baltimore Mariners American Indoor Football Association
2005-2006: Student assistant Maryland
2003 -2004: QB Maryland

He seems qualified to be a QB coach.

Reaction Score
I'm much more pissed off about the replacement than Dunn leaving. An offensive line coach with zero OC experience is such a terrible plan. But I shouldn't expect anything less at this point.

Well if you remember people were complaining about Dunn being a TEs coach in the NFL with no IC experience.

Reaction Score
I didn't have a good feeling about the season when I walked out of the signing day event, but now this? Ugh.

Reaction Score
Not a good day for the UConn fanbase or the Athletic Department.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I didn't have a good feeling about the season when I walked out of the signing day event, but now this? Ugh.

Where was your avatar picture taken? Looks awesome.

Reaction Score
Please show me the Coordinator in the conference, or any other, that turns down a call for the League....

This is bad for us, but not a sign of anything other than coaches want to coach in League.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Every time you think this program has hit rock bottom they shockingly find a new bottom. It honestly blows my mind. Nothing surprises me anymore with this program. This is a bottomless pit of destruction and there is no rock bottom or way out....

Reaction Score
Well that sucks. Now we have to find someone that will stay we need to pay.

CL82

Reaction Score
I mean outside of the obvious football shenanigans you have stuff the facilities fiascos including the hockey arena financing that is just unfathomable. The guy has just completely disappeared for over a year and nobody has held him accountable its crazy.
I guess, but we did get Hurley and pretty much everyone thinks that was the perfect hire for us. Yeah, the new facilities were scaled back, but we are still building them, right? New soccer, new (and much needed) baseball stadium, new hockey (mini) arena (yeah I know and softball, but who really cares). It's not perfect but it is progress.

I do think Benedict is way over staffed given our current financial woes, but the guy is making progress. He gets props for firing Diaco and Ollie in my book as well. He is incredibly hamstrung, but the things we need to do are happening.

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Well you are out in Nebraska, so you get a pass.;)

Lol, that was great. I forget who it was but someone saying "why would a Cornhusker fan even care this much about UConn football! still strikes me as funny.

CL82

Reaction Score
Lol, that was great. I forget who it was but someone saying "why would a Cornhusker fan even care this much about UConn football! still strikes me as funny.
If you are a Corn Husker basketball fan and a UConn football fan.... you're not doing it right.

Reaction Score
This is how he becomes an OC in the NFL. Chances like this don't come around often.

I don't blame him. Good luck, Dunn.

Reaction Score
Couple of thoughts:

1) Following this program just keeps getting better and better. Can you imagine anyone willfully forking over money for season tickets out of a sense of entertainment and not obligation?

2) The school needs to put some money into football or just shut it down. I've been an advocate of keeping it afloat instead of killing it, but they are killing it right now and losing millions in doing so.

3) I never blame a person for taking a job that they think is going to better them, but as far as I know, Edsall paid out of his pocket recently to give Dunn a raise and he still bails for a job that pays the same?

4) BS move by UConn to announce this the day after signing day. I get the why, but if Dunn was a/the reason you came here, you signed and then pulled the rug out from beneath you, how would you feel?

5) The season ticket thread is absolutely frightening to read if you are in the AD. If this deranged pocket of the internet has no interest in going to games anymore (me from out of state haven't been in 3 seasons) and your in-state residents don't want to pick up season tickets or individual tickets, there is a serious serious problem.

6) Does this mean Dunn can/cannot access the Husky LinkedIN Network? Would be a shame if he didn't take that into consideration here. Sounds like a question for an administrator or consultant.
Solid post. Only thing I would say on #3 is just because the money is the same it’s at the NFL level. That has value as well

Reaction Score
The perpetual disfunction has no end. Its really nearly beyond pathetic at this point.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Solid post. Only thing I would say on #3 is just because the money is the same it’s at the NFL level. That has value as well

You're not wrong. An NFL TE coach certainly has cache that UConn offensive coordinator just doesn't.

I know opportunities come up and don't usually align perfectly with anyone's timeline, but the circumstances/timing around this stink.

I think I can understand what Dunn did, but also be kind of pissed at him at the same time.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You're not wrong. An NFL TE coach certainly has cache that UConn offensive coordinator just doesn't.

I know opportunities come up and don't usually align perfectly with anyone's timeline, but the circumstances/timing around this stink.

I think I can understand what Dunn did, but also be kind of pissed at him at the same time.

I dont know, my initial thought is that this opportunity for the NFL was not the special at all. NFL position coaches churn as much as college position coaches, its no different at all. At UConn he was poised to take advantage of being in year 2 of his very own offense and had a path to a HC position. College HC positions pay very very well. It was a very good set up that he has walked away from here at UConn.

Dunn knew he was out...he should have saved Randy the wasted time in December with the pay raise and title change. Like it or not, about the only thing he did right here with this situation was wait until today to drop the news.

Reaction Score
The perpetual disfunction has no end. Its really nearly beyond pathetic at this point.
Not sure you can characterize someone leaving for a better opportunity as dysfunction. Like I said before, even the normal things that happen to this program will be deemed as dysfunction and ineptitude. Heck half of Saban’s staff left this year. Reports are that they found out one left because he didn’t show up to the morning meeting.
Coaches come and go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom