Dunkin Fan of the Game gets you a $5.00 Gift Card | The Boneyard

Dunkin Fan of the Game gets you a $5.00 Gift Card

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
My buddy was FotG yesterday as he and we were on the jumbotron a lot.
A rep came to him and handed the card and asked to hold it up when they ran the FotG graphic over him cheering away.

Same $5.00 cards as the ones they hand out en masse in the parking lot at the football games.

Reaction Score
My buddy was FotG yesterday as he and we were on the jumbotron a lot.
A rep came to him and handed the card and asked to hold it up when they ran the FotG graphic over him cheering away.

Same $5.00 cards as the ones they hand out en masse in the parking lot at the football games.
That dude was awesome. What a ripoff!

Reaction Score
I also thought the first 500 gets a t-shirt yesterday was really cheap as well.

I mean c'mon...and they should be giving out free white UConn shirts for the white out on Wednesday but why do that. Haven't seen a shirt giveaway to UConn in at least 5 years if not longer even after upping the ticket prices this season.

Reeks of a cheap operation when lesser programs can offer more. How hard is it to find a sponsor to make this happen once a season.

Reaction Score
I also thought the first 500 gets a t-shirt yesterday was really cheap as well.

I mean c'mon...and they should be giving out free white UConn shirts for the white out on Wednesday but why do that. Haven't seen a shirt giveaway to UConn in at least 5 years if not longer even after upping the ticket prices this season.

Reeks of a cheap operation when lesser programs can offer more. How hard is it to find a sponsor to make this happen once a season.

In fairness a lesser program is using the shirts to get people to come to the game. Gampel was sold out regardless of the shirts. Are giveaways cool? Sure, but it’s not making me choose which game I’m going to.

Reaction Score
In fairness a lesser program is using the shirts to get people to come to the game. Gampel was sold out regardless of the shirts. Are giveaways cool? Sure, but it’s not making me choose which game I’m going to.
It's about giving back to the fans, it's about showing appreciation and providing value, and enriching the experience. I understand why UMass has to do that, I don't even know if they get 3k fans a game.

But I do know that for next to nothing the school can improve the GameDay experience by bringing back things that were commonplace a decade ago.

They are in the midst of like a 10-15 game sellout streak and highest attendance in a decade. It wouldn't kill them to partner with a sponsor to allay costs and show some appreciation for season ticket holders and fans.

Reaction Score
You guys are worried about the wrong giveaway, you gotta aim to the winning row of the Longhini sausage, everyone gets a coupon for a discount off their sausage...

Sausage for everyone!

Your buddy should've negotiated better so the whole row could win! Lol

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
The shirt is pretty sweet. I was at the door with my kids at 1015 to get mine. They were gone in 15 minutes tops.

Sucks they only had larges though. I gotta lose 15 pounds to get into it half way decently

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It's about giving back to the fans, it's about showing appreciation and providing value, and enriching the experience. I understand why UMass has to do that, I don't even know if they get 3k fans a game.

But I do know that for next to nothing the school can improve the GameDay experience by bringing back things that were commonplace a decade ago.

They are in the midst of like a 10-15 game sellout streak and highest attendance in a decade. It wouldn't kill them to partner with a sponsor to allay costs and show some appreciation for season ticket holders and fans.
Budget must be thin :(

But seriously the game day environment from the lack of the band, to the giveaways, and to even the blue smoke stacks for player intros that work 50% of the time has been subpar for a while. You gotta think something has to change there…

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I liked those Olliewood tees that one year. And then earlier than that they had husky logo shirts that literally said “white out.” That stuff is fun every once in awhile. Drape one on every seat and let’s go. I think some of the gameday stuff is good nowadays. Whether you like the role or not, Conor has been absolutely great, and he’s actually a fan. I like the intro with the lights off and the music, I just wish more people would do the cell phone light. I remember for the Florida game was when the most people did it and it looked cool. And nothing is better than a steal and a dunk and a Big Red chant. Organic things like that are so much cooler. The one thing I will say is that when you put a great product on the floor, and games are selling out and the crowd is engaged into the actual game, we don’t really need the gimmicks. Put a winner out there, roll the ball out, and let’s get rowdy.

Reaction Score
You guys are worried about the wrong giveaway, you gotta aim to the winning row of the Longhini sausage, everyone gets a coupon for a discount off their sausage...

Sausage for everyone!

Your buddy should've negotiated better so the whole row could win! Lol
I think the discount is $1, my brother won it once.

Reaction Score
It is funny how different rewards are. Feels like they try to dump Avelo tickets, then again, those are like $50-70.

I remember early on at my UConn career they would give you a macbook for hitting a half court shot. By the end, Airpods, probably 10% of the price.

Also which student will ever use a Bob's Furniture gift card??

Reaction Score
The shirt is pretty sweet. I was at the door with my kids at 1015 to get mine. They were gone in 15 minutes tops.

Sucks they only had larges though. I gotta lose 15 pounds to get into it half way decently
My wife and I got there an hour early and they were long gone. FWIW shirts are a good way to get butts in the seats early. THE GAME WAS PACKED!

Reaction Score
Enough with the youth basketball for halftime shows, either get some real performers or don't bother.
All they need to do is take a handful of fans from the audience to do the half court shot.

No fancy prizes… just shoot

Reaction Score
Years ago the fan of the game prize was a years supply of pizza from Pizza hut. It was supposed to be 1 free pizza a month.

I was given 12 Pieces of Paper that each said was good for 1 Large pizza with any toppings.

There was no bar code or anything on them, so you could just go and copy them. Those 12 Pizzas turned into 100+.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Years ago the fan of the game prize was a years supply of pizza from Pizza hut. It was supposed to be 1 free pizza a month.

I was given 12 Pieces of Paper that each said was good for 1 Large pizza with any toppings.

There was no bar code or anything on them, so you could just go and copy them. Those 12 Pizzas turned into 100+.

I have turned you in the the Connecticut State Police.

There is no pizza in prison, son.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I thought it was awesome that Gansett Wraps was advertising free wraps for students if a player on the opposing team missed 2 FTs in a row in the second half.

Then I saw the fine print that said “*For 50 lucky students” and let out a good laugh.

I guess it’s better than the small Buffalo Wild Wings boneless wings they used to give out with the closest BWW to campus being 25 mins away

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom