Dunkin Fan of the Game gets you a $5.00 Gift Card | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dunkin Fan of the Game gets you a $5.00 Gift Card

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Budget must be thin :(

But seriously the game day environment from the lack of the band, to the giveaways, and to even the blue smoke stacks for player intros that work 50% of the time has been subpar for a while. You gotta think something has to change there…
From reading this and many other threads here, I'd say they're doing a solid job playing to the audience.

Reaction Score
The halftime entertainment post-covid has also been brutal. Was at the Creighton game and the Nova game (probably the pre-season biggest home games of the year, for planning purposes) and they put on the weather report and a bunch of kids playing basketball. Not only reeks of cheap, but also kills any crowd buzz and puts everyone to sleep. I remember back in the early 2010s the biggest games of the year got Red Panda and frisbee dogs - way better

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The halftime entertainment post-covid has also been brutal. Was at the Creighton game and the Nova game (probably the pre-season biggest home games of the year, for planning purposes) and they put on the weather report and a bunch of kids playing basketball. Not only reeks of cheap, but also kills any crowd buzz and puts everyone to sleep. I remember back in the early 2010s the biggest games of the year got Red Panda and frisbee dogs - way better
Where is the band!?

And if Red Panda comes out Wednesday night watch out.

Reaction Score
I also thought the first 500 gets a t-shirt yesterday was really cheap as well.

I mean c'mon...and they should be giving out free white UConn shirts for the white out on Wednesday but why do that. Haven't seen a shirt giveaway to UConn in at least 5 years if not longer even after upping the ticket prices this season.
Yes! And come on, even 1000 T shirts doesn't cost THAT much more than 500 T shirts. CHEAPO! Got to the game fairly early and didn't see any free shirts at all, on people, or people carrying them. Thought maybe it didn't happen.

I have been saying this all year...thanks for throwing out 10 T shirts to the crowd. WOW.

White out? Who TH has white UC gear? not me! It's all grey and blue.

That's all I got. Great games at Gampel this year, otherwise.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I have turned you in the the Connecticut State Police.

There is no pizza in prison, son.
True, but if there was it would be pizza hut

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's about giving back to the fans, it's about showing appreciation and providing value, and enriching the experience. I understand why UMass has to do that, I don't even know if they get 3k fans a game.

But I do know that for next to nothing the school can improve the GameDay experience by bringing back things that were commonplace a decade ago.

They are in the midst of like a 10-15 game sellout streak and highest attendance in a decade. It wouldn't kill them to partner with a sponsor to allay costs and show some appreciation for season ticket holders and fans.

You know what improves my game day experience?

Winning and a couple beers.

Nothing more hilarious that 100k a year donors fighting over a Dunkin Donuts Tshirt. That is the best unintended "entertainment" we can have

Reaction Score
You know what improves my game day experience?

Winning and a couple beers.

Nothing more hilarious that 100k a year donors fighting over a Dunkin Donuts Tshirt. That is the best unintended "entertainment" we can have
And spillin' coffee on each other in the process.. Probably French Vanilla !

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My buddy was FotG yesterday as he and we were on the jumbotron a lot.
A rep came to him and handed the card and asked to hold it up when they ran the FotG graphic over him cheering away.

Same $5.00 cards as the ones they hand out en masse in the parking lot at the football games.
So he was offered 2 free coffees that he didn't have on Friday for doing nothing he wouldn't do ordinarily? Oh, the horror.

Did he give the card back?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s not a problem. I’m not here for the gift card. I’m here for the program. I was on the big screen all day too. Call me Mr. Mini-Hurley. Aka Han Durley, aka Fan Hurley
Ohhh, Fan Hurley would be a good handle.

Anyway, you’re a “fan of the building”, not of the game…

Reaction Score
Yes! And come on, even 1000 T shirts doesn't cost THAT much more than 500 T shirts. CHEAPO! Got to the game fairly early and didn't see any free shirts at all, on people, or people carrying them. Thought maybe it didn't happen.

I have been saying this all year...thanks for throwing out 10 T shirts to the crowd. WOW.

White out? Who TH has white UC gear? not me! It's all grey and blue.

That's all I got. Great games at Gampel this year, otherwise.

It’s all about timing…;)

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
My buddy was FotG yesterday as he and we were on the jumbotron a lot.
A rep came to him and handed the card and asked to hold it up when they ran the FotG graphic over him cheering away.

Same $5.00 cards as the ones they hand out en masse in the parking lot at the football games.
ElGuapo, I was at that game and saw you on the Jumbotron. Two points: 1) good to see you IRL, and 2) your friend can’t dance worth a $5 DD gift card

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
It’s not a problem. I’m not here for the gift card. I’m here for the program. I was on the big screen all day too. Call me Mr. Mini-Hurley. Aka Han Durley, aka Fan Hurley
Ha! I saw you: learn to dance amigo

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I was trying to emulate Coach Hurley. He doesn’t dance. How was my impersonation though?

If you say you were the Hurley guy dancing in the aisle that day with some on screen time my hat's off to you.
Hilarious, made me laugh and was the perfect routine and timing for that fun atmosphere.
Kudos to you. Keep it up and may you win many $5 DD gift cards in the future!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
If you say you were the Hurley guy dancing in the aisle that day with some on screen time my hat's off to you.
Hilarious, made me laugh and was the perfect routine and timing for that fun atmosphere.
Kudos to you. Keep it up and may you win many $5 DD gift cards in the future!
That was a test run. Keep an eye out next year. I plan on doing it 1-2 times a year now! I got a great response and it ended up being the perfect game to do it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was a test run. Keep an eye out next year. I plan on doing it 1-2 times a year now! I got a great response and it ended up being the perfect game to do it.
How did no one get video of this? I feel like this needs to be on The Boneyard.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
How did no one get video of this? I feel like this needs to be on The Boneyard.

For now you will have to use your imagination but to help inspire just imagine a cracked-Hurley lookalike doing all of his normal moves and gestures in the section stairway wearing a cheap thrift store suit.
It was instant-classic lolz and I hope to see much more of it in the future.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
For now you will have to use your imagination but to help inspire just imagine a cracked-Hurley lookalike doing all of his normal moves and gestures in the section stairway wearing a cheap thrift store suit.
It was instant-classic lolz and I hope to see much more of it in the future.
Lol. That was a J.Crew pants/shirt/blazer! Other than that, you’re basically spot on.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
And why can’t I upload my pic? Says it’s too large. Just a basic pic from my phone.

Reaction Score
And why can’t I upload my pic? Says it’s too large. Just a basic pic from my phone.
Phones these days can take absurdly high quality photos. A picture taken at the default resolution will be a multi-MB file. Gotta save that bad boy at a lower resolution.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Here it is boys. Me as Mini-Hurley aka Fan Hurley aka Han Durley. See you next year with an even better impersonation. This was take 1.
thumbnail.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom