Duke-UNC (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke-UNC (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Oh boy... Looks like another "learning experience" is underway for the Dookies.

The Duke team is imbued with the spirit of higher education.

But the ref's are doing all they can to get the Dookies back in the game.
Some of the worst calls I've ever seen.
But their efforts are just not quite enough.

Reaction Score
If Duke loses to a freshman ladened team that plays no defense, I would seriously wonder what the heck Coach Mccallie is doing down there. She's getting wonderful recruits in the door but I am starting to wonder if its the univeristy or her coaching that is getting them in.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If Duke loses to a freshman ladened team that plays no defense, I would seriously wonder what the heck Coach Mccallie is doing down there. She's getting wonderful recruits in the door but I am starting to wonder if its the univeristy or her coaching that is getting them in.

I am beginning to believe that the kids who say yes to Duke, though talented, are more attracted to the Duke U scholarship and are not primarily basketball motivated. You'd have to be blind not to note the last several years of underachieving, at least by the recruiting rankings. I would wish better for Duke. For a few years there we had something exciting going on with them.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I really like Gray's game. She wasn't talked about as much prior to this year because of an injury that forced her to miss her senior year but she is showing that this team is more than just DD and X.

Reaction Score
Do you really need me to explain it to you?
come on don't you listen to Kara and Pam and the rest of the bobble heads? Everyone is going to get better between now and March!

Reaction Score
So glad Duke got a deserved loss, they should have lost about 2-3 more games already.

3rd blowout on their home floor.

Diamond is a stud. UNC should be good for a while. Still play a little too out of control but the players are better. Defense need not apply in game.

Reaction Score
Same lead but now 2:36
I guess North Carolina is a Jekyll and Hyde type team because they've lost games to teams I never thought had a chance (based on their preseason evaluations) and beaten a couple of teams that I thought would have eaten them up (based on their losing to a couple of cupcakes).

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Unc also beat a very good and well coached USC team. When you have all those freshmen, you're going to get good with the bad. But on talent alone, unc is likely top 5. If they mature (like the crew of Latta, little, larkins) they will threaten for championship.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
" Number er, er (looking down at her notes) 15, really hurt us and #er, er, 23 was a terrif point guard.
We can learn a lot from this game
Our defense was just terrible, my team was awful, didn't compete.
We get them completely prepared.
I just can't understand how this bunch of undisciplined freshmen could have beaten my top-rated team."

:):):):D

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great Win for UNC, Bad Loss for Duke. There's goes any chance to tie for the ACC Championship and don't see them getting a #1 seed now. If Louisville gets a #1 seed, then they end up at Louisville as a 2 seed. Who knows they might lose a couple of more games in the ACC and end up as a 3 seed.

UNC could be an outstanding team if they valued their possessions more. Had 22 turnovers tonight but it sure felt like more. Will be interesting to see how the ND vs UNC game is played.

According to a Orin Day tweet Chloe Wells is out indefinitely for Duke. She took Chelsea starting PG slot when she was injured. Duke may be in more trouble.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nice road win for a young North Carolina team. Diamond DeShields drops 30
on the Dookies. Maybe Carolina is growing up at the right time of the yr.

Reaction Score
Unc also beat a very good and well coached USC team. When you have all those freshmen, you're going to get good with the bad. But on talent alone, unc is likely top 5. If they mature (like the crew of Latta, little, larkins) they will threaten for championship.

UNC 's post play is very average. They had 20 turnovers too. ...they beat an overrated team.

Duke played 6 players, which might be a factor in their pathetic defense.

Reaction Score
UNC is often a high turnover team -- it's how They play. Hatchell has been willing to accept turnovers in exchange for a very aggressive high tempo offense. And there's no doubt that unc's speed In transition hurt Duke.

Reaction Score
The Tar Heels are not freshmen playing tonight. They are so quick. DD looks awesome.
Duke is in trouble in the ACC......

Reaction Score
Nice road win for a young North Carolina team. Diamond DeShields drops 30
on the Dookies. Maybe Carolina is growing up at the right time of the yr.

or Duke stinks without Gray

BgKe3lRCIAAVIiQ.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bad coaching and a bit of both of the above. Would you not have tried to slow the game down and make UNC try to play some half court offense?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Bad coaching and a bit of both of the above. Would you not have tried to slow the game down and make UNC try to play some half court offense?

If you were a TV commentator would you not offer some insight into what was going on down on the floor. I felt that they just did not want to touch this one in an intelligent way. Little insight into the game by that crew.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
What she really said.
Didn't accept my script, got a different speechwriter.

"I think that defense is something that this team generally wants other people to do," coach Joanne P. McCallie said. "We don't get into defense. We're playing defense to get the ball back on offense. ... Our transition defense has been awful. The difference in the game was transition defense."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom