Duke-UNC (merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Duke-UNC (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
If you were a TV commentator would you not offer some insight into what was going on down on the floor. I felt that they just did not want to touch this one in an intelligent way. Little insight into the game by that crew.

They said quite a bit of that in the UConn and Notre Dame routs of Duke, even imploring McCallie to call timeouts, lose the zone, etc. Not like she was going to change anything anyway...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
They said quite a bit of that in the UConn and Notre Dame routs of Duke, even imploring McCallie to call timeouts, lose the zone, etc. Not like she was going to change anything anyway...

Well, Cam I do not know what to make of that. But Lordy I feel your pain! Maybe you guys need a couple of HS AAs decommitments to get someone's attention.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pain and suffering oh my and a million dollars a year and 8 high school AA to boot and a very nice campus! We lack effort!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
In our pre season thread- I think I had North Carolina as my surprise maybe 5th ranked team, with us, Notre Dame & Stamford & Tenn in the Final Four. They are a bit undisciplined, and obviously don't play defense like us----but boy they have alot of athleticism and raw talent on the floor. I think they are a team that will be capable of beating almost anyone in the tournament. Diamond is something and there is alot of players on that team.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Penn State, Md, and even Ohio State scare me more than Duke- they are a paper tiger.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
EW shows up for a Big Monday game.... but the rest of the Dookies take the night off.
Any team that comes in and shoots 3's well can beat Duke... they just don't defend well.
Does JM ever watch her post game press conferences? Does she realize how detached and clueless she seems?
I was shocked that Duke was ranked #3 today. They could lose three more games this season. they could be the #2 or even the #3 team in UConn's region.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UNC shot the ball well over their season average and Duke didn't play defense to stop them. Perhaps a little defense and UNC shoot around 30% and Duke wins by a lot. Duke has struggled and you can blame that on injuries however UConn with injuries went into Duke and beat them. So what does that tell you? No defense and inconsistent focus by the Duke players. All that talent and they lose. I don't think UNC is a good team. They have a lot of talent and they are young and undisciplined and very careless with the ball. They looked great last nite because of Dukes lack of defense. Against ND they will be schooled.

I will stick with my top 4 teams and all have great coaching UConn ND LVille and Stanford. Duke is 5th and a Duke LVille game will be a terrific game in the Regionals .

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
glad Diamond and the Heels won... hushed up a few people, til their next loss!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
It was a toss up as to which team to root for last night. Hubby said he could never root for the Dookies, and although I've been a UNC men's hoop and women's soccer fan for years, just couldn't root for the baby blue either. And then some of the on court body language and antics at the end of the game - McDaniel doing some sort of funky dance celebrating the win. Glad our coaching staff does what they do. Just saying' ....

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I do not know what she does in practices
But in public and in her post-game comments
McCallie comes off as my least favorite coach of a top-ten program.

I have to restrain myself to not call her names like: idiot, for example.
Of course, we usually see her after losses, when she's not at her best.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Did you know that since the start of the 2012-13 season, Duke women have gone 40-2 in games in which Chelsea Grey has played? And the only two losses both came to a UConn team that won the national championship last season and is undefeated this season? Among those 40 wins were 7 against ranked teams (including 4 such wins in true road games).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Did you know that since the start of the 2012-13 season, Duke women have gone 40-2 in games in which Chelsea Grey has played? And the only two losses both came to a UConn team that won the national championship last season and is undefeated this season? Among those 40 wins were 7 against ranked teams (including 4 such wins in true road games).
Nice stat - did you know that From Feb 18, 2008 through through Feb 1, 2014 Duke had lost a total of three home games and each time Uconn was the team that beat them. That is 3 weeks short of 6 years.
They have now lost 3 home games this season with the same mix of 2 ACC and 1 OOC as they did in that 2007-8 season though it was TN that was the OOC team that year as they played Uconn that on the road (another loss.)

Reaction Score
I am beginning to believe that the kids who say yes to Duke, though talented, are more attracted to the Duke U scholarship and are not primarily basketball motivated. You'd have to be blind not to note the last several years of underachieving, at least by the recruiting rankings. I would wish better for Duke. For a few years there we had something exciting going on with them.

Yeah, but those "few years" ended when Goestenkoers left Duke. End of story.

Reaction Score
Even I felt sorry for Duke tonight, and I graduated from UNC. With their pedigree, it's sad to see their women's program in such disarray. Don't their AA recruits bother to practice due diligence before they commit?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I, too, felt bad for Duke last night. They looked totally lost on both ends and UNC made them look slow as well. Their defense is non-existent, both in the half court and in transition. They gave up so many wide open looks I lost count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom