Duke Postgame Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Loved the playing time for Caroline...take one step at a time.
Aaliyah is not only playing better than last year but her game is
Frosh Year Squared!
A very good mathmatical leap.
She's actually much better than her freshman year right now. As a frosh she had no perimeter shot and in the halfcourt couldn't drive to the rim without traveling. Now she's a real threat from that high post. Plus her confidence and poise is much better also. Lots of credit to her for doing the work.

Reaction Score
Really looking forward to Sunday.!! Geno rested all his starters
( except Aubrey ) for , about, the last 5 minutes. It was
nice to see Amari, Ines, Aubrey, Caroline, and Yanna
in there together. Go Huskies , beat OSU / or Iowa!

Reaction Score
9EDE313C-B918-4ED9-A1FB-7EC9254BA1B5.jpeg
A
Another great team win. UCONN exorcised the Duke blue devils to remain undefeated. CD is back and coaching alongside Geno.
Seven players scored/ate at this post Thanksgiving feast. Lou had a terrific game leading all scorers with 23 pts. Aaliyah had another double double (17 pts, 11 reb) while Nika continues to be an assist machine with 10.

Reaction Score
I'm so impressed with this team, everybody goes up and down the court with great intensity, it is really impressive...Nika is really a great field general, kind of makes you wonder how Paige will fit in (nicely of course). You have to love Lou's play tonight.:)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I had the feeling that these refs were making up fouls against us, as Nan sort of alluded to. It seems to me that as soon as Ayanna gets on the floor, the refs have a bet between them on who will be the first to call a foul on her.
And something else got me wondering about...how long has it been since the powers that be outlawed hand checks? Were the current players ever allowed to to this? If not, where are they picking it up from? (just a sudden pet peeve.)

To the game, a good win against a pesky team. I was kinda disappointed in the final minutes. Nobody seemed like they wanted to take charge and try to score and poor Amari was 0 for 2 on the foul line, 2 PFs and 2 TOs. She needs to take advantage of her time on the floor.

Good to see Caroline on the floor.

I am happy and looking forward to @MJL243 posting the replay on his channel so that I can enjoy the game tomorrow.

Reaction Score
They doubled Azzi a lot, but also they have some quick guards, especially Taylor, and Azzi was a bit more cautious today.

I also thought there was a lot unwhistled fouling under the glass in the first half. That changed in the second half and Aaliyah really took it to Kennedy Brown, who is definitely not prepared to defend her when she's rumbling to the basket with full determination. And the steals!

And Lou is the price teams will pay for doubling Azzi -- I suspect this news will spread across D1 pretty quickly. And when Caroline finds her game legs, it will only get worse.

Reaction Score
There are NO out of shape UCONN players. But Caroline appears to be out of basketball shape, especially the UCONN fast paced style of basketball. Geno gave her extra minutes tonight & she will steadily find her game.
Caroline is out of shape. She didn’t play basketball all summer, and she is just starting to practice on a consistent basis.

Reaction Score
What about Nika? 10 more assists. The team has 77 assists and Nika has 41 of them. Total domination! Any more questions about should she start or with the way we are scoring, do we need her to score? Of course more scoring would be helpful, but not really that important. Assists lead to scores, so she is doing fine. GO NIKA! GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
1. Azzi and Lou have proven they can score on any team so far. Aaliyah and Aubrey have been consistent scorers as well.
2. Nika has shown me she can get to the hoop like she did in the first half. Her court vision on the break has improved so much from her freshmen year.
3. We played small then even smaller. Geno was trying out different player combinations. Using Caroline as a 4 and 5 along with Aubrey. Against a lot of teams we can do this but not SC and Stanford.
4. Aaliyah is going to be an AA.
5. Aubrey is continuing to shoot 3's which is good. If she hits them her slash game will shine.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It’s a small sample size but I thought Ines played well in her limited minutes. I really want her to do well so she can let Nika get some rest. I hope Ines is a quick learner
I agree but I was hoping that she would put up a shot or two. It seemed like we didn't score a field goal for the last half of the 4th quarter, so it was a great opportunity to show all her abilities on offense.
And did she get called for an offensive foul near half court when the Duke player jumped backwards??? It really looked odd to me.

Reaction Score
The previous play, the foul went against Day-Wilson who was getting bit grabby, but Inês had pushed off a little. The next time down, Inês pushed off a bit more visibly and the whistle went the other way. I expect Day-Wilson knew she wouldn't get whistled for the same foul two times in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom