Duke @ NC State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke @ NC State

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
WOW.

QUOTE OF THE NIGHT:"I wish they could walk home." -- McCallie, on her displeasure with Duke's performance.

LINK

Reaction Score
That one foul against Duke on the NC State end was a flop by the NCST player, I think. The Duke guy set a screen, and the screened player drew attention to herself.

I think that changed the momentum.

Duke's Motto: (Men and women) Live by the flop, die by the flop.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If JPM isn't going to support her team, she should at least acknowledge NC State's efforts. She sounds like a whiner, one who refuses to admit her part in the way the team plays.

Last edited:

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
Wes Moore is a great coach- if or when they get some talent NC State will be a top team

Got a nice class of six players coming in next year, plus our 6-5 foot international player who wasn't cleared to play this year should make her debut.

We in Wolfpack land are feeling pretty good about the future with Moore & company.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
If JPM isn't going to support her team, she should at least acknowledge NC state's efforts. She sounds like a whiner, one who refuses to admit her part in the way the team plays.

I just wonder how much of this the Duke Athletics Dept and Administration can put up with? It's never her fault, never takes responsibility, so how can the university still support her?

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
NC State played a sagging zone the entire game and only came out to contest Rebecca Greenwell. On offense they lit it up from outside. They played inspired basketball today honoring Kay Yow!

Those who rushed the court after the game were largely former State players. Touching moment about more than just beating Duke.

As Coach Moore said in his post-game interview, Kay Yow is definitely smiling down from heaven today.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I hope the writers and coaches take note of Duke's poor performances. Duke is not a #10 (writers' poll)/ #12 (coaches' poll) by any stretch of the imagination.

8 loses and you need to drop down to the low teens.
I think they are ranked 10th(writers) and 12th(coaches) as they have automatic East Coast Bias points added into to the actual voting tabulations.
Isn't that the norm for all Eastern teams?:rolleyes:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I think they are ranked 10th(writers) and 12th(coaches) as they have automatic East Coast Bias points added into to the actual voting tabulations.
Isn't that the norm for all Eastern teams?:rolleyes:

Probably true. However, if Stanford wins today, they will have a better record than Duke. Stanford beat us by 2 and we buried Duke by 31. So, Duke should fall to 17 or 18 and Stanford should be above them.

Reaction Score
I just wonder how much of this the Duke Athletics Dept and Administration can put up with? It's never her fault, never takes responsibility, so how can the university still support her?

Never mind the O and the D, or the responsibility thing.

It is the shoes...the shoes, folks...they should be the final straw!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
WOW.

QUOTE OF THE NIGHT:"I wish they could walk home." -- McCallie, on her displeasure with Duke's performance.

LINK

dangelo-barksdale.gif

Its a good thing I have both Duke Football and Men's Basketball to fall back on

Reaction Score
After that comment if I'm a Duke player I seriously start thinking about a transfer. She never takes any responsibility or gives the other team credit.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
WOW.

LINK
Think the chances of getting back in one piece for the Duke players has got to be better walking home than taking that bus. Being curled around the tires has got to make for some nasty tread marks.

Reaction Score
That was a great game!! NC State played very well. Duke committed 18 turnovers!?

Reaction Score
Those who rushed the court after the game were largely former State players. Touching moment about more than just beating Duke.

As Coach Moore said in his post-game interview, Kay Yow is definitely smiling down from heaven today.
Nice win!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If JPM isn't going to support her team, she should at least acknowledge NC State's efforts. She sounds like a whiner, one who refuses to admit her part in the way the team plays.

Actually she did say good things about #11, #2, and #3 in the post game press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom