Duke in a dogfight with SFA | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Duke in a dogfight with SFA

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Duke had 6 turnovers in OT, and only got shots off on 2 possessions in the extra period. That is just brutal.

Also, do players get slower and less athletic when they get to Duke, because I would have thought all those McD AA's would have just run SFA out of the building, yet SFA was the team consistently getting to the rim while Duke was stuck taking contested jumpers.

Why wasn't Carey taking every shot? SFA had no answer for him, and unless they sold out and double and triple teamed him, he was going to score at will. Instead, Duke kept trying to go 1-on-1 from the perimeter, with expected results.

Reaction Score
Duke had 6 turnovers in OT, and only got shots off on 2 possessions in the extra period. That is just brutal.

Also, do players get slower and less athletic when they get to Duke, because I would have thought all those McD AA's would have just run SFA out of the building, yet SFA was the team consistently getting to the rim while Duke was stuck taking contested jumpers.

Why wasn't Carey taking every shot? SFA had no answer for him, and unless they sold out and double and triple teamed him, he was going to score at will. Instead, Duke kept trying to go 1-on-1 from the perimeter, with expected results.
K benched Carey during OT I think. Baffling. Dude could have fouled out both of SFA’s big men easy if they kept throwing him the ball. Instead, the SFA bigs got the game winning rebound and lay up with Carey out of the game.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
K benched Carey during OT I think. Baffling. Dude could have fouled out both of SFA’s big men easy if they kept throwing him the ball. Instead, the SFA bigs got the game winning rebound and lay up with Carey out of the game.

He wasn’t benched for most of it, if any of it. He scored their only points in OT. I just watched the highlights and he wasn’t out there for the last play of the game but that was presumably because Duke stacked their five with shooters.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
At the end of the year we’ll be on a montage of top 25 shocking losses

Reaction Score
Big East member Butler now has the longest active non-conference home winning streak at 55.

Reaction Score
It's rare that I'm totally engaged in a college bb game that doesn't involve UConn but that was really entertaining. SFA guys played their hearts out.

Reaction Score
Aw man, I missed this game last night??? I saw scores on my phone and saw it was tight, but did not know this was this epic!

Duck Fuke. Go Lumberjacks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Reaction Score
He wasn’t benched for most of it, if any of it. He scored their only points in OT. I just watched the highlights and he wasn’t out there for the last play of the game but that was presumably because Duke stacked their five with shooters.
Just went back and re-watched the end. It was an Offense/Defense type substitution, with Carey out at the 1:45 mark on defense. Re-inserted on offense next possession and then taken out for the remainder of the game afterwards. He missed critical possessions on both ends of the floor.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
#1 teams at home wearing royal blue - 0.
Unranked teams on road wearing purple - 2.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
NCAA may relook at the game, admonish the refs and due to missed calls, negate the game and restore Duke's record and home win streak will remain intact. It's Coach K.
Maybe he pulled a groin muscle and shouldn't have coached so the NCAA won't count the game against his record if the above fails.

Reaction Score
Vegas had dook at -28. -28! You think a few wise guys took a flyer on that line and had a nice pay day?

I wonder what the lines for dook will be going forward

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Just went back and re-watched the end. It was an Offense/Defense type substitution, with Carey out at the 1:45 mark on defense. Re-inserted on offense next possession and then taken out for the remainder of the game afterwards. He missed critical possessions on both ends of the floor.

Ah ok. They had a timeout too I think. You’d think they would have called it to get him in for the last possession.

Reaction Score
Ah ok. They had a timeout too I think. You’d think they would have called it to get him in for the last possession.
Yeah for sure. They were looking to go inside too - turned it over on an entry pass to Hurt in the post.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Its Thanksgiving time. Tonight, I'm donating!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom