Duke fans hate UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke fans hate UConn

Reaction Score
those d00k daggers were a while ago tho. i’d like to think kentucky has us high on their list.

the 2014 win lol. wasn’t expecting that one. bazz and boat don’t play

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I've run into a number of Duke fans at tournaments. They are the least aware fans I've ever met with no close second. They are all Duke all the time, but most of them have very little knowledge or interest in college basketball outside of their team.

Reaction Score
those d00k daggers were a while ago tho. i’d like to think kentucky has us high on their list.

the 2014 win lol. wasn’t expecting that one. bazz and boat don’t play
Boat played some pretty intense "D" in the Title game.. Where was that the rest of his UConn career?? LOL

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The whole country is going to hate UConn when they become a national power again. Hurley is a great guy but he pisses people off in his own way like Calhoun did.
I was thinking about this the other day. Hurley's one of those guys that you love as your coach but can't stand if he is coaching the opposition.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about this the other day. Hurley's one of those guys that you love as your coach but can't stand if he is coaching the opposition.

Iike Cronin. I think they liked him in Cinncy

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Of course they hate us, we're 2-0 vs then in the Final Four on our way to two titles

Same results in the exact same circumstances for UK

Which makes both UNC and Louisville fans like us

We're K's daddy when it matters most, and we also love us some Squid (a/k/a Calamari) up here in Connecticut

UConn, where Dookie dreams go to die and Squid gets fried

Reaction Score
I love Dook......they were nothing but a speed bump in the way of our first two NCs. The way I see it, we’d have a bunch more if we just met up w them a few more times. Same w Kensucky.

Reaction Score
We should be on the list. We would have been a great rival in the ACC. Coach K may have had more talent than Calhoun but he never out coached him.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I've run into a number of Duke fans at tournaments. They are the least aware fans I've ever met with no close second. They are all Duke all the time, but most of them have very little knowledge or interest in college basketball outside of their team.

I'll never forget what jerks the Dook fans were at Ferg's in St Pete after the semis and before the final in 1999. OSU & MSU fans couldn't have been nicer. And post 77-74, the Dookholes telling us "We'd beat you 9 out of 10 in a ten game series". They can KYS....there was also a gr8 article in the NY Times a few days after the game about the pandemonium and celebration (complete with bonfires) in Chapel Hill that night. I remember to the line "It was like the Huskies uniforms were trimmed in Carolina Blue...."

Reaction Score
I'm kind of surprised to only see 4 ACC teams...1 of which (Louisville) has only been in the league 5(?) Years and another (Virginia) who has only been relevant for maybe 10 years

MD didn't surprise me as they should be on everyone's most hated list.

Reaction Score
I'll never forget what jerks the Dook fans were at Ferg's in St Pete after the semis and before the final in 1999.
I was there also before the game. Do you remember the national sports radio show they were doing from there? Remember how the host said Duke was going to kill UConn because they already had beaten the 2nd best team in the country on Saturday? I was the guy arguing with him on one of the breaks that UConn had already beaten MSU earlier in the season and was going to beat Duke too. He didn't even know that UConn had beaten MSU earlier that season. The guy was a big Richard. In hindsight I wish I knew who it was so I could have followed up with him the next day.

Reaction Score
Because Duke is the Evil Empire......

1593571210542.png

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
When you think about it, the rest of the NCAA Div. 1 teams should be sending us love letters because we prevented Duke and Kentucky from two NCs apiece.

You think they're insufferable now? Imagine how much worse it could have been.

This is my greatest joy as a UConn fan. And the time periods play a factor too. Think about if Duke wins in 99 and 04, added to 01 and the early 90s?

The fact that it was Caliparis teams we beat, not just UK. I never hated UK until he showed up. The 2010s Calipari overhyped machines.

Ah, it’s all just ... perfect!

Reaction Score
I'll never forget what jerks the Dook fans were at Ferg's in St Pete after the semis and before the final in 1999. OSU & MSU fans couldn't have been nicer. And post 77-74, the Dookholes telling us "We'd beat you 9 out of 10 in a ten game series". They can KYS....there was also a gr8 article in the NY Times a few days after the game about the pandemonium and celebration (complete with bonfires) in Chapel Hill that night. I remember to the line "It was like the Huskies uniforms were trimmed in Carolina Blue...."
Flying home the day after our layover was in Raleigh. I expected to talk some smack but instead we were greeted like conquering heroes. People in NC hate them too.

Reaction Score
I may be a troll but I don't even think about Dook. They don't rate on the emotions scale, being that they are history. I understand though that's normal when being the superior team.

Reaction Score
Lamest fans I’ve ever come across. Very unintelligent and more just cheerleaders. Biggest bandwagon team of all time, they are everywhere I go

Reaction Score
My my we are all forgetting the punchability of Greyson Allen’s face. I would agree they’ve had “less” hateable guys lately, but man oh man when they have hateable guys they really take it up a few notches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom