Duke fans hate UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Duke fans hate UConn

Reaction Score
UNC fans are so much worse. Their delusion that they are constantly competitive with Duke has them always defending their positions. Both think they invented sliced bread though...

I walk around here in Charlotte like Maximus Decimus Meridius.....”Oh, you’re a UConn fan...”

“ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?”

Reaction Score
Because Duke is the Evil Empire......

View attachment 55989
I lurk on other Big East team sites to see what's going on there. I think it was the Providence site where one guy complained about all the love we were getting from Creighton and Xavier fans for coming to the BE. He said their fans didn't know us. Then he called us . . .

The Axis Powers of the Big East.​

Apparently, some people have long memories and axes to grind. There is a lot of hate to go around!

Reaction Score
I was there also before the game. Do you remember the national sports radio show they were doing from there? Remember how the host said Duke was going to kill UConn because they already had beaten the 2nd best team in the country on Saturday? I was the guy arguing with him on one of the breaks that UConn had already beaten MSU earlier in the season and was going to beat Duke too. He didn't even know that UConn had beaten MSU earlier that season. The guy was a big Richard. In hindsight I wish I knew who it was so I could have followed up with him the next day.
When we beat MSU that season the game wasn't even close

Reaction Score
This is great. Number 2. Wow. Obviously I hate duke the most and then comes bc and the rest of the big East defectors - I also can’t stand Michigan st and most big 10 schools. So ironic that cuse bc and Pitt are all trash right now. So funny

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I was there also before the game. Do you remember the national sports radio show they were doing from there?

Nope, but what I do remember is the only cool Duke fan at Ferg's, hot, with an awesome rack.

Showed us her ( . ) ( . ) for a round of shots. I remember because she let us take pictures. My guess is she was a Tampa/St. Pete girl shilling for Duke.

Reaction Score
For those if you who dont hate Duke, you need to watch more of their games. The flops. The grayson Allen's, the friggin fans. ALL of them have punchable faces and just started watching college sports only after their elitist families squeezed them in after they faked their resume by saying they were great at rowing.
Yes I'm throwing an extra scandal in there but they deserve it.

Reaction Score
Nope, but what I do remember is the only cool Duke fan at Ferg's, hot, with an awesome rack.

Showed us her ( . ) ( . ) for a round of shots. I remember because she let us take pictures. My guess is she was a Tampa/St. Pete girl shilling for Duke.
I guess we missed it. I would have remembered that.

Reaction Score

If didn’t happen if you don’t show the proof

Reaction Score
UNC fans are so much worse. Their delusion that they are constantly competitive with Duke has them always defending their positions. Both think they invented sliced bread though...

I walk around here in Charlotte like Maximus Decimus Meridius.....”Oh, you’re a UConn fan...”

“ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?”
I lived in chapel hill for a while, and the joke in NC is that the difference between NC State and UNC fans is that NC State fans actually went to school there.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Delivered, but I've already been modded enough on this site, don't want to get kicked off, so here's a censored version (I took the picture so I'm not in it)

Attachments

• final 4 1999 fergs censored.jpg
    final 4 1999 fergs censored.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 183
Reaction Score
More than Kentucky? That is outstanding work on our part!

After Laettner in '90 & '91 nothing pleases me more than to see their fans miserable because of us and still despise us for it.

77-74
79-78

That is PURE JOY to watch

Reaction Score
My wife is a tried and true Duke fan.. She used to work ABCD camp when she was an athletic trainer, met tons of players.. Also met Coach K and sat with his wife for a good hour while he was watching players. Down in the mancave she has a giant picture of her and Wojo.

I've balanced out the cave with plenty of UConn memorabilia, signed basketball from the 2014 team and numerous plaques from other years.

The past several winters have been a bitter pill to swallow, obviously Duke has flirted with championships while (before this year) we circled the bowl. So every Saturday night we were watching Duke battle whatever marquee opponent they were scheduled with.

Sidenote, she's basically had enough of the 1 and done so the hasn't really enjoyed the past few Duke teams BUT... She looooooooved UConn this year and thoroughly loved our return to relevance. Looking forward to games that matter, I hope we see games before January this year.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
My wife is a tried and true Duke fan.. She used to work ABCD camp when she was an athletic trainer, met tons of players.. Also met Coach K and sat with his wife for a good hour while he was watching players. Down in the mancave she has a giant picture of her and Wojo.

I've balanced out the cave with plenty of UConn memorabilia, signed basketball from the 2014 team and numerous plaques from other years.

The past several winters have been a bitter pill to swallow, obviously Duke has flirted with championships while (before this year) we circled the bowl. So every Saturday night we were watching Duke battle whatever marquee opponent they were scheduled with.

Sidenote, she's basically had enough of the 1 and done so the hasn't really enjoyed the past few Duke teams BUT... She looooooooved UConn this year and thoroughly loved our return to relevance. Looking forward to games that matter, I hope we see games before January this year.

Lucky and unlucky at the same time, my friend!

Reaction Score
She's a good sport, but hearing her just blanket defend Coach K and the program makes my eyes roll so far back in my head that they get stuck sometimes.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
My my we are all forgetting the punchability of Greyson Allen’s face. I would agree they’ve had “less” hateable guys lately, but man oh man when they have hateable guys they really take it up a few notches.
I hated Laettner bc of his dagger against us during Huskymania but I respected his talent and realize he is probably one of the greatest tourney players of all time. I don't think there is a better example of why people hate Duke than Greyson Allen's smug dooshiness and on court antics. Couple that with pretty clear evidence that they paid Zion in some capacity and it's basically being swept under the rug, I don't know how anyone can root for Duke.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I 100000% recognize why most including UConn fans hate Laettner... but I actually don’t.

I was too young and not yet a UConn fan when he hit that shot, and he is local to me, grew up down the street from me. And he’s objectively one of the greatest college players of all time.

I hated Grayson Allen when he was at Duke but I remember watching his HS HLs and LOVING his game. Once he committed to Duke, then proved he’s a classic Dookie, I hated him.

I think Redick is my least favorite Duke guy, but if we include nerds like Kyrie and Austin Rivers they’re up there. They both weren’t there long enough or successful enough though.

I realize this is all bad to say on the Yard, but I must admit these things.

Reaction Score

How can it be a man cave if the wife and her junk is there

Reaction Score
Listen I'm all for misogyny, but my wife is a huge sports fan - rather than fight against the skid, I turn into it.

It's not like there's a knitting table and Pinterest boards down there, c'mon man Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom