Had higher 3rd down efficiency
Had more passing yards
Had more rushing yards
Had >7 mins more possession
Had 1 penalty for 5 yards vs Duke's 7-45
Had only one more turnover than Duke

And lost by 21.

Reaction Score
If we can win our next two games in impressive fashion there should be a sizeable crowd for the Duke game. I would expect a decent Duke turnout given they are (at least for the moment) thinking "dream season".

Reaction Score
We will crush our next two opponents. I think Duke will struggle trying to stop our run game. It should be a slugfest, but I still see us winning that game. Also, I think we can get 3-4 million viewers for that game. That will get the ACC & B1G to strongly look at adding us to their conference.

Game will be a SRO

Reaction Score
And Clemson didn't want UConn in the ACC?

Will be interesting to see how we fare against dook in a few weeks

Reaction Score
And Clemson didn't want UConn in the ACC?

Will be interesting to see how we fare against dook in a few weeks
Was it Clemson that voted against us? I thought it was FSU, Boston College and Miami?

Reaction Score
Clemson shot itself in the foot all night in the redzone. Missed chip shot fgs, unforced turnover with a mishandled handoff. Klubnik at QB for Clemson was not good at all.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Clemson shot itself in the foot all night in the redzone. Missed chip shot fgs, unforced turnover with a mishandled handoff. Klubnik at QB for Clemson was not good at all.
I wouldn't say Klubnik was "not good at all". Clemson moved the ball very well all game long, except when they got inside the 10.

I think UConn will also be able to move the ball on the ground vs Duke. Not as confident moving it thru the air.

Reaction Score
Who knows, maybe UConn will beat Duke. Even if we don't, we still may win eight or nine games this season.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Transfer Portal and NIL have ended the era of dominant programs. Dabo is a mediocre coach that built a powerhouse by paying players well under the table, which was a massive recruiting advantage prior to NIL. Not only would a program like Clemson (or most of the SEC) get better players, but the players were less likely to leave if they were getting paid. Now, every team is playing their players and it is easy to leave if a bench player wants more playing time and more money.

This makes Clemson is just another football program, and last night, Clemson looked like just another football program.

Reaction Score
Duke did win 9 games last year & returned almost every key contributer. You can't put Duke or Wake for that matter in automatic win column any more

Reaction Score
Duke did win 9 games last year & returned almost every key contributer. You can't put Duke or Wake for that matter in automatic win column any more

Duke has a good coach....they beat UCF 30-13 in the bowl...lost last year to Kansas, Georgia Tech, UNC, and Pitt.

Reaction Score
Duke has a good coach....they beat UCF 30-13 in the bowl...lost last year to Kansas, Georgia Tech, UNC, and Pitt.
No doubt & Cutcliffe left a solid foundation to build on. They also have used the portal to fill in key needs

Reaction Score
Clempson, as they call it. Without football, they have nothing. So it looks like they have nothing.

It did take Tate George's incredible shot (and Scott Burrell's incredible pass) to beat them in the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
Duke QB rated at 85.4 while UConn QB rated at 44.8. Hard to win against a team if that is anywhere a true reflection on QB play/ability aided or hindered by offensive schemes. One thing nice, BCU QB rating was "only" 44.5 and was not against a juggernaut like NCS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom