Duke 28 Clemson 7 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke 28 Clemson 7

Reaction Score
I don't know if I would use the term "juggernaut" to describe NC State without a sarcasm font.

A good team, yeah....maybe better this year than last when BC And Syracuse beat them...

The Notre Dame game this Saturday will tell us....they do look to have a good defense.

Reaction Score
Duke QB rated at 85.4 while UConn QB rated at 44.8. Hard to win against a team if that is anywhere a true reflection on QB play/ability aided or hindered by offensive schemes. One thing nice, BCU QB rating was "only" 44.5 and was not against a juggernaut like NCS.
New to all the evaluation metrics, are QB rating and Passer rating same formula? Found passer rating formula in Wiki. Thanks.

Reaction Score
New to all the evaluation metrics, are QB rating and Passer rating same formula? Found passer rating formula in Wiki. Thanks.
I have the same question as you and also don't know how they work, how bad is an interception vs getting a passing touchdown, how incorporate QB rushing yards, etc. Just seeing bigger number is better and being in 40's seems way worse than being in 80's.

Reaction Score
Actually a pretty good Engineering school. Very pretty college town and a fantastic convention center.
Surrounded by an 18 hole golf course and a number of moorings in the lake available. As I said, a very nice convention center.

Reaction Score
Duke QB rated at 85.4 while UConn QB rated at 44.8. Hard to win against a team if that is anywhere a true reflection on QB play/ability aided or hindered by offensive schemes. One thing nice, BCU QB rating was "only" 44.5 and was not against a juggernaut like NCS.
Clemson QB had a 27.9 and without those 2 red zone fumbles had a good chance of winning the game.

Reaction Score
Clemson QB had a 27.9 and without those 2 red zone fumbles had a good chance of winning the game.
Yeah, having a QB rating of 27.9 didn't have much to do with loss. Think maybe the interception at the one yard line might have had something to do with the ratings and only scoring 7 points?

Reaction Score
We will crush our next two opponents. I think Duke will struggle trying to stop our run game. It should be a slugfest, but I still see us winning that game. Also, I think we can get 3-4 million viewers for that game. That will get the ACC & B1G to strongly look at adding us to their conference.

Game will be a SRO
I couldn't agree more.

The ACC? We don't need to prop up a dying league.........well, let's see what they have to offer first. No deferred percentages for the Basketball Capitol of the World though.

The B1G has to be looking at UConn, especially if they ever want to win another basketball championship......

Reaction Score
The Transfer Portal and NIL have ended the era of dominant programs. Dabo is a mediocre coach that built a powerhouse by paying players well under the table, which was a massive recruiting advantage prior to NIL. Not only would a program like Clemson (or most of the SEC) get better players, but the players were less likely to leave if they were getting paid. Now, every team is playing their players and it is easy to leave if a bench player wants more playing time and more money.

This makes Clemson is just another football program, and last night, Clemson looked like just another football program.
I think its way more a case of the importance of QB. When you have guys like DeShaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence you win championships, when you have DJ Kelly Bryant and Cade Klubnik, you don't. Georgia schedule is easy this year so they'll still be in a great position but losing Stetson Bennett is going to effect them way more than media is indicating. QB isn't a plug and play position.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think its way more a case of the importance of QB. When you have guys like DeShaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence you win championships, when you have DJ Kelly Bryant and Cade Klubnik, you don't. Georgia schedule is easy this year so they'll still be in a great position but losing Stetson Bennett is going to effect them way more than media is indicating. QB isn't a plug and play position.

It is going to be harder to stockpile talent at every position in the NIL/Transfer Portal era, because players are just going to leave for more playing time and more money. And honestly, if you want to start at Alabama or Ohio State as a Senior, you are better off going to a second or third tier school and starting as a sophomore or freshman, than you are sitting on the bench for three years at Alabama or tOSU.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I would use the term "juggernaut" to describe NC State without a sarcasm font.

A good team, yeah....maybe better this year than last when BC And Syracuse beat them...

The Notre Dame game this Saturday will tell us....they do look to have a good defense.
No chance that NCSU is better without Leary and Carter. None.

Reaction Score
Clemson was shockingly mediocre last night. The expectation that most fans hold, is that Clemson will have talent all over the field on both sides of the ball due to their recruiting. That was clearly not the case vs Duke. Compounding matters further was that coaching/execution was VERY poor as well. Watching that game was reminiscent of watching UF get curb stomped by Utah in week zero. They're Florida. They should be so much better. Nope.

Reaction Score
It is going to be harder to stockpile talent at every position in the NIL/Transfer Portal era, because players are just going to leave for more playing time and more money. And honestly, if you want to start at Alabama or Ohio State as a Senior, you are better off going to a second or third tier school and starting as a sophomore or freshman, than you are sitting on the bench for three years at Alabama or tOSU.
I think we're talking about two different things. I'm trying to say I think Clemson's fall from grace (if we can call it that) is moreso due to not having a generational QB after having two back to back than it is because of the portal. I understand the impact the portal has but I think these elite teams are still going to find ways to fill their roster spots for the most part. But when they recruit that 5 star QB they don't know what they're actually getting until the season starts.

Reaction Score
Dabo is catching flak because his philosophy has been high school recruiting and not transfers...

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Finebaum wrote that Clemson‘s dynasty is done. Might be a bit premature, but still shocking to see Puke have their way with the kitties. If only they could both lose the game.

Reaction Score
Clemson better stay in the ACC is they ever have future hopes of making the playoffs in the years to come.

We should win 9 games this year. If we upset Duke it’s 10 wins.

Reaction Score
Clemson better stay in the ACC is they ever have future hopes of making the playoffs in the years to come.

We should win 9 games this year. If we upset Duke it’s 10 wins.
Troll much?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom