duck Mark Emmert | Page 3 | The Boneyard

duck Mark Emmert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Clearly he is setting the stage to let UNC off without any postseason ban and probably no punishment at all. Honestly, it is time to stage a major protest at the final four. We can join with Penn State fans and fans of any other teams that might want to join in (Louisville, SMU and so on). We have a year to organize it and I know people in the Penn State alumni association that I can contact. We need to shine a light on the cockroach and ESPN. And, just in case UNC doesn't make it all the way to the final four again next year, we can even extend the protests to the first round games at whatever location they are assigned to. Then we can do it again for the second weekend, if they get that far. If people really care about college sports, they need to do something to retain the integrity of the game.
People have jobs

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Let's pretend for a second that the NCAA really hammered Syracuse, is Emmert saying that the penalty could have been worse under their current guidelines? If so, what will his explanation be when his organization doesn't "hammer" UNC? Oh, that's right, we're never going to get a satisfactory explanation about that.

Saying you have these tough penalties and new rules really doesn't matter if you refuse to use them on the "blue bloods."

I think he's already hedged that by his treatment of Cuse. He said that, because the violations occurred years ago, they should be treated under the old system. Same thing will have with UNC. BS.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Emmert has to die. If you think UConn fans are alone, think again. Penn State fans hate him almost as much. Given his position of power and obvious abuse of that power, I think this is fair game for a congressional investigation. This involves just about every major US university. It actually is kind of a big deal.

Little over the top. A strong firing would do the trick.

Reaction Score
Ironic because if SMU and Louisville are in the tournament this year Syracuse is out. I guess the lesson here is that if you know you have a violation, wait until you have a down year then self report it and declare yourself ineligible for the NCAA tournament that you weren't going to make anyway.
When you're a 10 seed, you're not out if 2 other teams are added to the tournament.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The NCAA Tourney ended for me at the final whistle of our Kansas game. But even if I was tempted, maybe by the wills of a second glass of scotch, for a split second, to tune in and watch this weekend, this Emmert press conference just sealed the 'no way' deal. UNC vs Syracuse? I'd rather root for Charlie Mans0n to be granted a work release from prison to give Hollywood tours than root for either of these dirty programs to get to the Final. And this whole "the current players had nothing to do with it" BS line just reinforces my hatred of Emmert, the NCAA and every athletic program who has gotten off MUCH lighter than what we got slapped with for applying a new rule retroactively to before it was even a rule (and has since been proven to be an absolute joke, see: Oklahoma St football program).

F Emmert. F the NCAA. F the Fruit. F UNCheat. Go punt.

See you all at the Spring Game - April 16.

Reaction Score
Clearly he is setting the stage to let UNC off without any postseason ban and probably no punishment at all. Honestly, it is time to stage a major protest at the final four. We can join with Penn State fans and fans of any other teams that might want to join in (Louisville, SMU and so on). We have a year to organize it and I know people in the Penn State alumni association that I can contact. We need to shine a light on the cockroach and ESPN. And, just in case UNC doesn't make it all the way to the final four again next year, we can even extend the protests to the first round games at whatever location they are assigned to. Then we can do it again for the second weekend, if they get that far. If people really care about college sports, they need to do something to retain the integrity of the game.
Isn't he a unc alum?

Reaction Score
SU 9 point dog today, hope they lose worse to NC.

Reaction Score
Syracuse was hammered? Last year, when they had no chance of making the tournament, they self declare that they will give up their eligibility for the tournament. Then, the ACC bans Boeheim for 9 games and when they are on the verge of being left out of the tournament, they let them in because Boeheim missed 9 games. Really? The NCAA is no better than the mafia. It's all about money and nobody gives a damn about integrity or what's right. Our infraction was having a group of students who did not meet an academic standard that was set after they left the school. Also, the Nate Miles recruitment was a factor but he never played for us. Instead, UNC has a 20 year cheating scandal with players who did play and should have been academically ineligible but because the current players had nothing to do with it, Emmert thinks the school should not be punished??? Tell that to our 2013 team. What a joke.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I wonder how many of these that UNC kid ended up selling?

likeness-.jpg

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Isn't he a unc alum?
Syracuse was hammered? Last year, when they had no chance of making the tournament, they self declare that they will give up their eligibility for the tournament. Then, the ACC bans Boeheim for 9 games and when they are on the verge of being left out of the tournament, they let them in because Boeheim missed 9 games. Really? The NCAA is no better than the mafia. It's all about money and nobody gives a damn about integrity or what's right.

Even worse. He's got a masters and PdD from Syracuse. Surprised?

Reaction Score
The dirt is obvious. The game is being tarnished in a major way. And the fans that claim to love the game so much will do nothing but whine about it on a message board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom