Drummond's FT% on PTI | The Boneyard

Drummond's FT% on PTI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Over under he shoots a career 41.4%. Bob Ryan said he's the worst he's ever seen. Adande said he could improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Completely ridiculous argument to even have. He shot 88 free throws last year. 88! And he was 18 years old. Granted of those 88, he did look pretty bad, but how is that an indicator of how his shot is going to look when hes 25, 30 even 21 etc? I think its fair to say the only place for his shot to go is up. Insane argument.

Reaction Score
did they just figure out that AD is a poor FT shooter lol

Reaction Score
Completely ridiculous argument to even have. He shot 88 free throws last year. 88! And he was 18 years old. Granted of those 88, he did look pretty bad, but how is that an indicator of how his shot is going to look when hes 25, 30 even 21 etc? I think its fair to say the only place for his shot to go is up. Insane argument.

He airballed two of three in a Summer League game the other day, lol.

I really hope he can at least just get up to ~50%.

H

Husk-E

At least he hit one free throw in the summer league. I never understand how someone like him who is a decent shooter when he's not at the line gets to the line, and struggles that much to hit a free throw.

Reaction Score
He airballed two of three in a Summer League game the other day, lol.

I really hope he can at least just get up to ~50%.
Yeah I looked it up and he's 3-11 in the summer league so far. Haha so pretty much where he was at Uconn; a little worse even. But still it's so early on in his career. What is the point of even debating that?

Reaction Score
I do not understand why he doesn't just try underhand. Is it a pride thing? Conversely espn would be all over it and he would get national attention.

Reaction Score
Over under he shoots a career 41.4%. Bob Ryan said he's the worst he's ever seen. Adande said he could improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's higher: Drummond's summer league free throw percentage, or the chance that Bob Ryan has actually seen Drummond shoot a free throw in person?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What's higher: Drummond's summer league free throw percentage, or the chance that Bob Ryan has actually seen Drummond shoot a free throw in person?

You mean the Bob Ryan who went to every division I gym in New England for games in one season or the Bob Ryan who is always at the Big East Tourney?

Like you can't see on TV anyway but sweet Jesus Bob Ryan is at games. He is the rare longtime sportswriters who still likes the sport he covers.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The odds on Bob Ryan being able to pick Drummond out of a lineup is far lower than Andre's free throw percentage. If he thinks Andre is the worst he's seen, he needs to pay more attention.

Not sure why, but some big guys just never get the hang of free throws. You cannot be smarter than Emeka Okafor and he shoots free throws like he is afraid of killing a puppy with the ball - he's double air-balled before.

My guess is that Andre will prove better than the likes of Shaq, Chris Dudley and Ben Wallace - for my money, those are the worst pros I've seen. (Outside of Doug "45%" Gottlieb who just never made it to a pro roster.)

Reaction Score
The odds on Bob Ryan being able to pick Drummond out of a lineup is far lower than Andre's free throw percentage. If he thinks Andre is the worst he's seen, he needs to pay more attention.

Not sure why, but some big guys just never get the hang of free throws. You cannot be smarter than Emeka Okafor and he shoots free throws like he is afraid of killing a puppy with the ball - he's double air-balled before.

My guess is that Andre will prove better than the likes of Shaq, Chris Dudley and Ben Wallace - for my money, those are the worst pros I've seen. (Outside of Doug "45%" Gottlieb who just never made it to a pro roster.)
For many big guys, their hands are just too big. A basketball is like a tennis ball to them. Gottlieb was too busy deciding which teammate's credit card he was gonna steal.

Reaction Score
You're kidding right? 88FT's is all you think he shot? He had some of the best FT shooters to p lay at UConn offer advice and work with him on thousands of shots........it's pitiful to shoot the ball that bad and points to prior coaching. Once again the fact he can't shoot FTs, post up or understand help defense lends us a view of his coaching in HS, prep and AAU circuits prior to Storrs. Every one of the coaches prior should be embarrassed with what they offered Andre.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He would probably do quite a bit better if he took jumpshots at the foul line. It may not be the best long-time strategy. It's interesting how no one tries the underhanded shot ... no one wants to look different, I guess. Rick Barry was the exception, but he was a great shooter however he shot the ball.

Terrible foul shooting cost Josh Boone a lot of money. I wonder if some people are just not able to do it. I'm sure that starting off with bad mechanics hurts a lot, but brain wiring is just better or worse for certain skills. Talik was another player who just did not seem able to shoot a shot with a soft touch.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Over/under on Doug Gottlieb's name being followed by a credit card joke is @ 89.5%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom