Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Per XL Center, there is a parking ban for Hartford now, as of 3:00. FYI-

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That epic G'Town in the Dream Season was played in a ice storm. Scalpers still made out. During a timeout I said to the guy next to me (sitting in nosebleed), "This game is worth 11 bucks, huh?' He says, "I paid 75!"

Reaction Score
Per XL Center, there is a parking ban for Hartford now, as of 3:00. FYI-

You knew that was coming. I HATE paying for parking. 26 seasons with season tickets and I can count on 2 hands the number of times I paid to park in Htfd. I'm not going to count the huge lot under the 84 overpass near the Federal that used to charge $2.00.

Reaction Score
If any one is looking to unload tickets to downtown dwellers because of the storm...I'm your guy.
You can have my two tickets for tonight if you are still looking. They are in section 118, row V. If you do want them, I would email them to you through UConn's Ticket Transfer process, but transaction must be completed 3 hours before game time (by 4 p.m.). Call my cell (203-710-3178) if you definitely want them. Rich
If any one is looking to unload tickets to downtown dwellers because of the storm...I'm your guy.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
DogBoy said:
Rebounding could be a problem as well :) . . . . . . . . . . . sorry

If we had Roscoe we wouldn't have a rebounding problem. Plus he plows a mean road I heard.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The Washington game last year was worse. And if I remember correctly, we played Pitt in like 2005 on ESPN primetime during like 15" Nor'Easter.

Reaction Score
The Washington game last year was worse. And if I remember correctly, we played Pitt in like 2005 on ESPN primetime during like 15" Nor'Easter.
I think the '05 Pitt game was at Gampel and they packed it with students. Unless I'm thinking of a different game.

Reaction Score
I try to never let the weather interfere with UCONN basketball.

I'm driving from Meriden to Windsor to pick up my wife then onto the game.
My cousin and I once drove to the New Haven Coliseum in a snowstorm(zero visibility) to see UCONN/ BC ? in the early 80's.

Plow trucks were pulling off of 91 south and we went right by them in his VW rabbit.

There was a high school game prior to the UCONN game that featured Harold Pressley. I remember we also saw Dave Cowens of the Celtics that night.

Still can't believe that game wasn't called. By far the worst weather I ever went through to see a UCONN basketball game.

I went to that one CC in the 80's………Murph was playing wasn't he?……..I spent a few hours with brother John, Stoney and one of the Mielcarz boys at Malone's prior…….it was a fun evening!

Reaction Score
Driving down from Tolland. Going to be leaving in a couple minutes to ensure that I get down there with enough time to have some Rolling Rocks outside the XL.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
really on the fence about tonight - totally jonesing for a game (we only do XL games), but really don't want to do something stupid either.

Driving in snow storms for a UConn game are some of the best stupid decisions I have ever made.

Reaction Score
As I posted on FB:

I have a ticket to tonight's UConn game. You may think I'm crazy for going out and seeing the game in this weather. All I can think about is I'm hoping they will open up the lower-level seats to the crazy people with a crappy seat.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Yikes. XL is going to be even more of a tomb tonight than it usually is...

Reaction Score
Yikes. XL is going to be even more of a tomb tonight than it usually is...

irony being that this is the first AAC game held in the XL?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you drive tonight kudos. Took me 90 minutes to get home from work and the roads east of the river are a total disaster.

Reaction Score
I just drove back from the game to Southington. Seriously, the roads were not bad. This was another over-hyped storm in my opinion. I was able to move down from section 205 to third row behind the UCONN bench.

Reaction Score
I went to that one CC in the 80's………Murph was playing wasn't he?……..I spent a few hours with brother John, Stoney and one of the Mielcarz boys at Malone's prior…….it was a fun evening!

Yeah Mau I Believe Murph was playing in this game too.

Cousin Pete's diesel rabbit was better than a dog sled :)

On a side note the roads tonight were not that bad.

XL to Meriden in about 30 minutes.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I think the '05 Pitt game was at Gampel and they packed it with students. Unless I'm thinking of a different game.
That was one of the worst regular-season games of the Calhoun era. Troutman killed us. Blew a huge lead. Excruciating.

Reaction Score
On the topic of tonight's storm: there is only about 3 inches on the ground in Vernon. We are right on the line of the potential foot and just a few inches (pretty much determined by your side of 84). Not coming down hard at all and radar looks like we're not getting a ton more. However where I work in Putnam, they appear to be getting hammered. SNOW DAY CMONNNNNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom