Driving will be rough tonight | The Boneyard

Driving will be rough tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
If you live downtown, walk on over, there will be lots of seats empty. It's too bad because it's been a while since XL had a game.

Reaction Score
Rebounding could be a problem as well :) . . . . . . . . . . . sorry

You just wake up or are you caddying in California for someone this weekend DB…….how are you pal…….

Reaction Score
I sold my tickets for $40 a peace because of the storm. I wish I could be there but it's hard driving from Madison in the snow

Reaction Score
We're thinking The Hatford Room/East Coast Dog pregame. Corner of Ann & Asylum.

Reaction Score
I'm OK Mau, presently trying to figure out how to retire a few years early. . . . . .

Hoping to play more golf this year. Nagging back problems limited me last year but feel pretty good now.

Reaction Score
This has nothing to do with the weather but, who was the scheduling genius who put the Louisville Saturday night game in Storrs and a Tuesday night against Temple at XL?

Reaction Score
Whimps! LOL. I remember driving in my old '89 Honda Civic Hatchback to several games at the HCC during the hellish winter of '95/'96 from Storrs or my hometown over winter break because so many people were not going to games. Took me over 2 hours one night to get back home and spun a few times on I-84. Ah, to be young and dumb again. Would not do that today.

Reaction Score
Won't be as bad as the Washington game last year, driving was fine unless you don't know how to drive.

Reaction Score
Won't be as bad as the Washington game last year, driving was fine unless you don't know how to drive.

Yep....I still have a pic on my phone of my car after the Wash. game...6" of snow on it...the rive wasn't bad since not many bad winter drivers were on the road late on a Fri.

Reaction Score
Stayed at a hotel for the Washington game. Hope it's not that bad

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We're thinking The Hatford Room/East Coast Dog pregame. Corner of Ann & Asylum.

It Hartford Restaurant Week. Bunch of places downtown are doing 3-course meals for 20.14. I read a column once where the writer said she tried to make it point to go out to eat in bad weather. Most places stay open and they are especially happy for your business. We're thinking Black Eyed Sally's for tonight.

Reaction Score
really on the fence about tonight - totally jonesing for a game (we only do XL games), but really don't want to do something stupid either.

Reaction Score
Going to try Salute tonight pre-game. I don't think the roads will be too bad.

No doubt there will be good seats to move down to. Looking forward to get smacked in the head by a Brimah rejection. In order to save the beer in my hand I'm going to allow it to hit me right in fkucing grill.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Opting out. Already had one horrendous ride home from near Hartford to my NewHaven area home a few weeks ago. This us the last game I have tickets for so I'm bummed.

Reaction Score
Opting out. Already had one horrendous ride home from near Hartford to my NewHaven area home a few weeks ago. This us the last game I have tickets for so I'm bummed.

As I get older I get more cautious. It killed me to miss the Washington game last year. KILLED ME. This game is a disappointment too, but I don't want to end up in a ditch. Had enough strange stuff happen in snow driving to know that even an AWD SUV doesn't guarantee anything.

Reaction Score
As I get older I get more cautious. It killed me to miss the Washington game last year. KILLED ME. This game is a disappointment too, but I don't want to end up in a ditch. Had enough strange stuff happen in snow driving to know that even an AWD SUV doesn't guarantee anything.

Use your plane

Reaction Score
I try to never let the weather interfere with UCONN basketball.

I'm driving from Meriden to Windsor to pick up my wife then onto the game.
My cousin and I once drove to the New Haven Coliseum in a snowstorm(zero visibility) to see UCONN/ BC ? in the early 80's.

Plow trucks were pulling off of 91 south and we went right by them in his VW rabbit.

There was a high school game prior to the UCONN game that featured Harold Pressley. I remember we also saw Dave Cowens of the Celtics that night.

Still can't believe that game wasn't called. By far the worst weather I ever went through to see a UCONN basketball game.

Last edited:

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
I sold my tickets for $40 a peace because of the storm. I wish I could be there but it's hard driving from Madison in the snow

Going to be a slow ride home to Madison for me. I commute up to the Hartford area for work every day so I am at least already up here for the drive to.

Reaction Score
There is also hotel availability still. I just checked Expedia and you can stay downtown from $100 to $140 for a decent room. Who hasn't shown up in the office with the same clothes on two days in a row? Better than throwing tickets in the garbage - unless they are the tics I am moving down to.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Snow is funny stuff. One of my kids went to college near Chicago about 20 years ago. It was probably semester break, and he was due to drive his car home to South Windsor where we lived at the time, had a friend with him who lived near us and who went to the same university. A blizzard was due the day they were to start out, moving east from the midwest. We told him to wait a few days, but he was stubborn. They drove through the storm to somewhere in PA and decide to stay the night. The next day, still storming, they decided to come home anyway. My son drops his friend home, less than 2 miles from us, gets about a half mile away and skids off the road into a snow bank where he had to be towed out. Drives a 100o miles and can't make the last half mile.

Reaction Score
2004_60_1_1.jpg

I was at the UCONN umass game the night before the Civic Center roof collapsed. Great game from what i can remember.
Not that this has anything to do with driving, snow just got me thinking about it.

Reaction Score
I am walking over from work with a few co workers, going to eat then driving home. Should be fun. Take it slow!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
View attachment 4817
I was at the UCONN umass game the night before the Civic Center roof collapsed. Great game from what i can remember.
Not that this has anything to do with driving, snow just got me thinking about it.

It was actually the same night, about 3-4 hours after the game ended. Really fortunate nobody was inside. I worked in Hartford in the Gold Building at the time and I remember we went to the top floor to look toward the Civic Center and it looked like a huge, wrecked erector set sticking up over the damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom