OT: - Draymond Punches Jordan Poole | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Draymond Punches Jordan Poole

Reaction Score
Did you watch the clip from Damien Lilliard? I trust his opinion on this matter way more than yours in regards to whether it was a sucker punch or not.
I mean at the very least it was an incredible escalation of a situation, and definitely borderline sucker punch. IDK why we have to argue such trivial points though.

It just shocks me how people are actually attempting to defend Draymond, the guy has caused problems and shown his erratic temper season after season.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I’ve got one funnier for you. Ask 50 people on the street who were the NFL Champs last year, who won the World Series, and who won the NBA Championship. The results might surprise you. BTW I worked in broadcasting for 25 years.:rolleyes:

Being a cameraman and signing multi billion dollar league rights is very different but carry on.

Reaction Score
I’ve got one funnier for you. Ask 50 people on the street who were the NFL Champs last year, who won the World Series, and who won the NBA Championship. The results might surprise you. BTW I worked in broadcasting for 25 years.:rolleyes:
Isn't 25 years a long time to be an intern? Asking for a friend.

Reaction Score
This explains a lot about the rise in streaming services recently

Reaction Score
I mean at the very least it was an incredible escalation of a situation, and definitely borderline sucker punch. IDK why we have to argue such trivial points though.

It just shocks me how people are actually attempting to defend Draymond, the guy has caused problems and shown his erratic temper season after season.
I don't dispute that Draymond can push people's buttons. I just think that what was caught on video was an escalation of events prior to that. This is why I was curious about a better quality video and audio.

I'm a middle child, I know how to instigate and make someone look guilty...just saying.

Reaction Score
I don't dispute that Draymond can push people's buttons. I just think that what was caught on video was an escalation of events prior to that. This is why I was curious about a better quality video and audio.

I'm a middle child, I know how to instigate and make someone look guilty...just saying.
Yeah but then the point stands that Draymond is just a hypocrite. The amount he jaws and gets under people's skin, he should be able to take it without resorting to punching his teammate of now 4 years. He's the opposite of a leader.

Reaction Score
Yeah but then the point stands that Draymond is just a hypocrite. The amount he jaws and gets under people's skin, he should be able to take it without resorting to punching his teammate of now 4 years. He's the opposite of a leader.
I never said anything about either player to imply anything about their character. I just think that there is more to the situation/incident. That's why I asked about a better video. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reaction Score
I think it looked way worse to many people than it was. Poole was perfectly fine physically right after it happened and practiced the rest of the day.

Some people do seem really sheltered or oblivious to violence though, fatlucy doesn't think people punch/fight other people anymore.
Violence is wrong, it’s why we have laws, if the culture of violence amongst athletes especially when school age is swept under the rug which is common you end up with Green. Aaron Hernandez says hello… oh but wait he can’t because he was allowed to continue his violent behavior to the very end. Green is a professional athlete in top physical shape with the ability to seriously hurt someone as opposed to most of the boneyarders, he should be held to a higher standard because of the amount of damage that he can inflict of another person yet some of you are defending his actions. ( he’s been doing this his whole career) Why don’t you go punch your next door neighbor the way Green hit Poole and I’m willing to bet you’d be charged for assault and or sued. JMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Salary growth in the NBA has been declining now for the past 5 years, as has ticket sales. Major networks like CBS and NBC haven’t broadcast NBA games in years and could care less about bidding for playoffs and the finals, but they fall over themselves for professional golf, tennis, football and baseball.
Lol @ posting that salary growth is declining and expecting this board to take you serious, and CBS/NBC don't broadcast games because they don't have the rights to. If you didn't notice ABC/ESPN is one of the rights partners and games have been airing on there for 15+ years now. You sound just like the old and clueless folks that would call into a show like Mike Francesa pining for the days of Bob Cousy.

Reaction Score
Violence is wrong, it’s why we have laws, if the culture of violence amongst athletes especially when school age is swept under the rug which is common you end up with Green. Aaron Hernandez says hello… oh but wait he can’t because he was allowed to continue his violent behavior to the very end. Green is a professional athlete in top physical shape with the ability to seriously hurt someone as opposed to most of the boneyarders, he should be held to a higher standard because of the amount of damage that he can inflict of another person yet some of you are defending his actions. ( he’s been doing this his whole career) Why don’t you go punch your next door neighbor the way Green hit Poole and I’m willing to bet you’d be charged for assault and or sued. JMHO
Has anyone said violence isn't wrong? Show me a post where I defended him. It doesn't seem like anyone is defending him despite all the posters accusing people of defending him.

Aaron Hernandez had advanced stage 3 CTE, he couldn't cope with being gay, and he was hooked on angel dust. The guy murdered several people. Really weird example to bring him up relating him to a player who punched his teammate after they jawed at each other and he was shoved.

Sorry, I'm not going to punch my next door neighbor but I have been punched by people before and I have punched people before, nothing happened to any of us with the law. Most cops out here would laugh if they got a call asking for an arrest because someone was punched.

Reaction Score

Just out of curiosity, what could the audio reveal that would justify what is seen in the video?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Most cops out here would laugh if they got a call asking for an arrest because someone was punched.
Actually, they wouldn’t.

If, as an adult, you are punching people and being punched by people with any regularity, I would respectfully suggest that your experiences out of the main stream.

Reaction Score
Actually, they wouldn’t.

If, as an adult, you are punching people and being punched by people with any regularity, I would respectfully suggest that your experiences out of the main stream.
They absolutely would, they deal with shootings and car jackings constantly. I'm friends with cops, they couldn't care less about someone being punched and certainly wouldn't make an arrest for a punch. I had someone throw a brick through both of my windshields and did a whole lot more damage to my car. I thought I knew who did it and wanted the cops to come out, instead the cop laughed and told me to move out of the city like he was doing.

I never said I punch people and am punched with regularity.

This thread is a clear example of people being in their bubbles.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They absolutely would, they deal with shootings and car jackings constantly. I'm friends with cops, they couldn't care less about someone being punched and certainly wouldn't make an arrest for a punch. I had someone throw a brick through both of my windshields and did a whole lot more damage to my car. I thought I knew who did it and wanted the cops to come out, instead the cop laughed and told me to move out of the city like he was doing.

Yeah it absolutely is.

For what it’s worth, in my state, assault and battery still get charged as do many lesser crimes. I’m pretty sure they still do in Illinois as well, but you know better than I.

Reaction Score
Has anyone said violence isn't wrong? Show me a post where I defended him. It doesn't seem like anyone is defending him despite all the posters accusing people of defending him.

Aaron Hernandez had advanced stage 3 CTE, he couldn't cope with being gay, and he was hooked on angel dust. The guy murdered several people. Really weird example to bring him up relating him to a player who punched his teammate after they jawed at each other and he was shoved.

Sorry, I'm not going to punch my next door neighbor but I have been punched by people before and I have punched people before, nothing happened to any of us with the law. Most cops out here would laugh if they got a call asking for an arrest because someone was punched.
Actually he was assaulting people while at UF ( bartender) for one and Myers helped cover it up. He got away with everything he ever did because he was great at sports. Remember when green punched LBJ

i don’t know where you live but one of my employees was teasing another employee, it got a little personal, One employee pushed the other to create space from the aggressive employee who was in his face, and the second employee swung and connected with the first employees jaw, police were called, the employee who assaulted the other ( threw the punch) was arrested, handcuffed by the police and fired by me. And this is in Florida that a lot of you guys like to make fun of for being uncivilized. I used to live in Newington and a mail man who claimed his child had been bitten by our dog ( it wasn’t our dog) approached our front door yelling and swearing as opened the storm door to exit my house he unexpectedly punched me in the area of my face I proceeded to push him away causing him to lose his balance as he tumbled down the stairs. Cops were called by neighbors who saw what happened and thrust B asked if I wanted him arrested and I said yes and he was handcuffed and taken away. Where do you live again.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Actually, they wouldn’t.

I think it depends on the who and the where. Go punch some guy in Glencoe and see how that works out. The people who punch others generally have no assets, and not much of anything to lose. I agree, the criminal sanctions are a minor issue for those folks. But for people with something to lose, the civil consequences can be severe. I'd certainly be concerned about losing my bar license, I'd possibly lose my job even outside of work (definitely if I punched a co-worker). You can certainly be sued on top of that. So yeah, violence of that sort is pretty rare in the burbs. Draymond has a lot to lose and needs to control himself.

Lastly, as we learn in law school torts class, it's risky. You take you victims as they are. Guy has some rare problem and you kill him or put him in a coma, guess what, that's still on you.

Reaction Score
Lol @ posting that salary growth is declining and expecting this board to take you serious, and CBS/NBC don't broadcast games because they don't have the rights to. If you didn't notice ABC/ESPN is one of the rights partners and games have been airing on there for 15+ years now. You sound just like the old and clueless folks that would call into a show like Mike Francesa pining for the days of Bob Cousy.
Yeah, like I vividly remember when Bob Cousy sucker punched Havlicek during practice. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Being a cameraman and signing multi billion dollar league rights is very different but carry on.
Floor director and technical director, but yes I think I’ll carry on.

Reaction Score
I think it depends on the who and the where. Go punch some guy in Glencoe and see how that works out. The people who punch others generally have no assets, and not much of anything to lose. I agree, the criminal sanctions are a minor issue for those folks. But for people with something to lose, the civil consequences can be severe. I'd certainly be concerned about losing my bar license, I'd possibly lose my job even outside of work (definitely if I punched a co-worker). You can certainly be sued on top of that. So yeah, violence of that sort is pretty rare in the burbs. Draymond has a lot to lose and needs to control himself.

Lastly, as we learn in law school torts class, it's risky. You take you victims as they are. Guy has some rare problem and you kill him or put him in a coma, guess what, that's still on you.
It sucks but Poole has something to lose too. If he was so upset he wants to see something done and went to management with his demands he would be looked at as a sellout and lose respect on the team and from fans.

Agree with your post, that's why I think this thread is showing the bubble people live in. There's way worse things than a punch happening to people all the time and often there's no repercussions. A fight with no weapons here and cops don't care.

Even if you're not exposed to violence and it hardly exists where you live I would still expect people to know it's out there.

Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, what could the audio reveal that would justify what is seen in the video?
Was there anything said between them? Maybe it was 100% Draymond in the wrong, maybe it was both jawing. That's why I was wondering if there was audio. Didn't think that would have been so difficult for some of you to figure out. I don't watch NBA games, so I don't follow his antics. Kind of hard to form an opinion without knowing the whole story.

Reaction Score
Actually he was assaulting people while at UF ( bartender) for one and Myers helped cover it up. He got away with everything he ever did because he was great at sports. Remember when green punched LBJ

i don’t know where you live but one of my employees was teasing another employee, it got a little personal, One employee pushed the other to create space from the aggressive employee who was in his face, and the second employee swung and connected with the first employees jaw, police were called, the employee who assaulted the other ( threw the punch) was arrested, handcuffed by the police and fired by me. And this is in Florida that a lot of you guys like to make fun of for being uncivilized. I used to live in Newington and a mail man who claimed his child had been bitten by our dog ( it wasn’t our dog) approached our front door yelling and swearing as opened the storm door to exit my house he unexpectedly punched me in the area of my face I proceeded to push him away causing him to lose his balance as he tumbled down the stairs. Cops were called by neighbors who saw what happened and thrust B asked if I wanted him arrested and I said yes and he was handcuffed and taken away. Where do you live again.
If LBJ is Lebron no I don't remember Draymond punching Lebron because it never happened.

Reaction Score
Was there anything said between them? Maybe it was 100% Draymond in the wrong, maybe it was both jawing. That's why I was wondering if there was audio. Didn't think that would have been so difficult for some of you to figure out. I don't watch NBA games, so I don't follow his antics. Kind of hard to form an opinion without knowing the whole story.
I mean of course they were jawing to some degree. If Draymond just randomly went up to Poole and punched him, that would be a bit more odd.

Reaction Score
The point that many are making is that no combination of words or manner of delivering them justifies a physical assault. Apparently you disagree, but it seems to me you'd be better off explaining your position than repeating your lamentation that the clip doesn't include audio.

Reaction Score
The point that many are making is that no combination of words or manner of delivering them justifies a physical assault. Apparently you disagree, but it seems to me you'd be better off explaining your position than repeating your lamentation that the clip doesn't include audio.
It doesn't matter. If one surfaces, I'm relatively sure that it will find its way to the thread. Then I'll know which way to cast my pocket full of stones.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom